Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Audio/Sound
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-04-2004, 06:41 AM   #1
Empire
1st Gear Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to Empire
Can E36 headlights be seperated?

Can the factory E36 lamps be taken apart at all? I want to put in angel eyes but don't feel like getting raped in the ass for having to buy Elipsode style euros even though yes they are much nicer.

I just want to mount the angel eyes in the stock lamps, seal it all back up and mount it on my car. Can I do this? Could I heat it in the oven a bit to seperate it like the Civic guys do with theirs?
Empire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 07:50 AM   #2
SickFinga

well, plastic cover is glued on to the housing, so it will be really hard to take them apart.

You want install e36 lights on the Z24?
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 08:23 AM   #3
Empire
1st Gear Newbie

So it's basically the same then as doing it for a Civic. Heat it up a bit and get it off while the glue is warm, do my thing, and then silicone it back up again.

Yeah they are being put on my Z24. Very original, and I know someone in the state that just did the swap. Looks really good too. My car is black, so it really flows, and I'll gunmetal wheels for spring. My method for cars is lean, clean, and mean. No fancy show cars for me. Just sleek and agressive.
Old 01-04-2004, 09:24 AM   #4
SickFinga

can i see the pic how it looks?

I saw e36 lights on Tercel and it looks horrible.

I might be selling my InPro headlights pretty soon.
2 leds are burnt out in them. $5 to fix.
they are glass and got led angel eyes in them
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 09:54 AM   #5
Soldo
6th Gear Member

E36 on a Z24............
hahahahaha, orignal, yes, but VERY ugly!
Old 01-04-2004, 05:10 PM   #6
Empire
1st Gear Newbie

This is the guy. Not a huge fan of the car (bit flashy for me), but the headlamps fit pretty damn good, minus the grill (that I'll be doing custom though). It actually looks really good. The Z24 headlights are almost identical in shape and size, but are crappy looking. I thought about doing this swap so long ago, and then i saw another 1 or 2 people who thought of it as well, and now I know it can be done. There's really no cutting or welding needed, and the wiring is the same, minus the inner turn signal (that's why I want angel eyes. I'm gonna wire those to be the inner turn signals).

How much do you want for those Inpro's? I'm looking to buy asap. email me: digistar_media@hotmail.com
Attached Images
File Type: bmp bmw8b.bmp (131.9 KB, 37 views)
Old 01-04-2004, 05:22 PM   #7
Soldo
6th Gear Member

Thats nasty though, with the money you'd spend on transformin the car, your better off just BUYING a bmw!
Old 01-04-2004, 05:26 PM   #8
Empire
1st Gear Newbie

The lights look really good on the car. If I had the money than yeah I'd probably be driving a Bimmer. 5 series, or a Benz S500. But since I don't, I'm driving my Z. Besides, until I hit 25 I'm not driving highpriced cars. You get raped on the insurance, and it's not worth it to me. For now, gonna save my cash for the most part and buy what I want later on when it isn't a liability to me.
Old 01-04-2004, 06:53 PM   #9
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

they dont look that bad...but i agree with dildomatic, save the $ and get a real bmw!...u can find a nice E30 for about 4g, or an E36 for about 8g. insurance for me being 16 when i get my G2 is 150 secondary.

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|AFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: