Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-28-2003, 07:43 PM   #16
SebSter
6th Gear Member

ok wrong word, i should have said "more exclusive"

basically you're saying all you care about is image, you want to seem more exclusive driving a car that not as many people have, you're ignoring the fact that e46 m3 is a better car in almost every single aspect

so you're just one of those yuppies who buys a car for the image?

Old car 1990 325ix. Current car 2000 540i.
SebSter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 07:44 PM   #17
SeRb
Don't shrink me Gypsy!

OMG. . .there is 31 porsche 911's for sale!
http://search.trader.ca/Results.asp?...ategory=&CAT=1

i dont have interest in them anymore too,

i see what ur saying
SeRb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 07:44 PM   #18
vertakul
6th Gear Member

BMW wants to make money.. of course they are going to produce more.. if they are selling.. why not meet the demand?
vertakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 07:46 PM   #19
SebSter
6th Gear Member

and again on another note, (99%) of people who could afford an e36 m3, would buy it and not an e30 m3... and (99%) of people who could afford an e46 m3, would buy it and not an e36 or an e30

Old 12-28-2003, 07:50 PM   #20
SebSter
6th Gear Member

all im trying to say is just cause there's more of a car on the road doesnt make it any less appealing for me, im not buying a car for image i get a car cuz i love cars and love driving

Old 12-28-2003, 07:59 PM   #21
Lil'Smoothie

Quote:
OMG. . .there is 31 porsche 911's for sale
hahah yah 31, 911's ranging from 1976-2003
Not 35 of the exact same car in like 5 different colours
thanks for helping out with my argument

Quote:
basically you're saying all you care about is image, you want to seem more exclusive driving a car that not as many people have, you're ignoring the fact that e46 m3 is a better car in almost every single aspect
obviously its a better car, its 15 years newer than mine. Im saying that if im gonna spend 60+ G's on a sporrts car Im gonna go for something a little less generic and something a little more rare. I'd buy a ZO6, tell me in which way is an E46 m3 better? Maybe in luxury and that is it!
I like to be different when it comes to cars, same reason I don't go shopping at local malls for clothes

Quote:
why not meet the demand?
With all these M3's for sale, I dunno if they have met the demand or instead flooded the market increased the competitive equilibrium where supply=demand and decreased the value
A little economics for you guys

Quote:
and again on another note, (99%) of people who could afford an e36 m3, would buy it and not an e30 m3... and (99%) of people who could afford an e46 m3, would buy it and not an e36 or an e30
Yah so?
Old 12-28-2003, 08:05 PM   #22
///MsAniTy
6th Gear Member

lil smoothie check out how many cars were no the road when the e30 came otu n check now a days. and the e30 ppl on the board mostly have a different oppinion then the ppl with the e36's and the e46's.
///MsAniTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 08:09 PM   #23
Lil'Smoothie

Quote:
lil smoothie check out how many cars were no the road when the e30 came otu n check now a days. and the e30 ppl on the board mostly have a different oppinion then the ppl with the e36's and the e46's.
1st valid point.....
That is very true, however I will go back to my example of the Z06
very rarely do I see them on the road nowadays, especially in the winter. The Z06 and E46 M3 are close substitutes...

I don't know much about the Z006 but haven't they been making them for longer than the E46 M3, and are they not cheaper?
Old 12-28-2003, 08:14 PM   #24
///MsAniTy
6th Gear Member

the z06 and the m3 shouldve be compared at all. the z06 is a true sports car and a m3 is a sports coupe. plus alot of ppl that buy the m3's wouldnt think bout buyin a z06 imo. and yes i do see way more z06's then m3's and i think z06's came out in the same year. and i dont know why ppl dotn drive theri m3's in the winter because i would. well not on the days it snows liek mad n the days there is alot of salt on the road but hey i would still drive it when i could.
///MsAniTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 08:24 PM   #25
Lil'Smoothie

I wouldn't drive any car I cared about in Toronto winters because of the snow.

E46 M3's are driven in winters because they are often leased by people who aren't enthusiasts and plan on having their fun with the car and turning back over the dealership with no worries. That's why there are so many for sale on the trader.

What is a good comparison with the E46 m3, im not really sure
Audi S4? Which Benz?
Old 12-28-2003, 08:25 PM   #26
SebSter
6th Gear Member

to put an end to the argument, you live in toronto (area) - perhaps the richest cities in canada, among the top in the world

there are a lot of people, with a lot of money - bmw's are seen as a class symbol, which is why there are so many around (this in no way lessens its appeal as a car) go to other places, you will not see as many m3s - it just so happens that in toronto a lot of people can afford them

as a side point, i can guarantee you in North America as a whole, there are a LOT more z06s than e46 m3s

back to my main point:

in all of alberta, there are 2 e46 m3s for sale
in all of british columbia, there are 9
in all of quebec, there are 5

in all the atlantic provinces, there are NO e46 m3s for sale
saskatchewan, NONE
northwestern ontario, NONE

and i can keep going for all other provinces, as you can see toronto is an exception, mainly because of the number of wealthy people... so from what you're saying, if you live in Alberta for example, you would view the m3 more highly than living here in Ontario

should I say it again, it seems you're just out for image

Last edited by SebSter; 12-28-2003 at 08:27 PM.
Old 12-28-2003, 08:31 PM   #27
Lil'Smoothie

not so much that I am out for image, but when I see a car 3-4 times a day everyday for a year I become less interested in it

Maybe it isn't the wealth but the fact that there are how many people in SW Ontario as a pose to the maritimes, Alberta n such
Old 12-28-2003, 08:35 PM   #28
SebSter
6th Gear Member

thats different then, before you made it seem that you wanted a car to be exclusive

i understand what you mean, but i guess i just see it differently - i dont care how many other people have the same car or how many times i see it, i love the car for what it is, not who has it

Old 12-28-2003, 08:45 PM   #29
Lil'Smoothie

Dont get me wrong I also enjoy having a car that I very rarely see
Old 12-28-2003, 08:51 PM   #30
Trogdor
2nd Gear Member

E46 M3s are much, much rarer then you probably percieve. Sure you see one every 5 minutes but that's much less common then say a camry...at least where i come from. And where i come from the price tag on an M3 is enough to ensure that there won't be one on every block.

The M3 isn't an exotic car, rarely do you see people owning one simply because 99.9% of the world dosn't. (That's why half the owners of ferraris and lambos own exotics sadly) The M3 is a driver's car, sure so is a Z06 but they are definately for two different driving styles and personlities. I really think apcreating a car such as an M3, a Z06, a 350z etc involves driving them... not only once but commuting, on the track etc.

I've never driven an e46 M3 but i've tried a 330ci so i can only imagine how much fun an m3 can be.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: