Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-28-2003, 06:56 PM   #1
Lil'Smoothie

Why I have little interest in the e46 M3

35 e46 M3's for SALE!!!!

Look how many there are for sale. They are not even somewhat rare anymore, I see at least 3 a day, even in the winter, still a nice car but they are not exclusive whatsoever
Old 12-28-2003, 06:59 PM   #2
Lennon
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Lennon Send a message via MSN to Lennon
Very true, although they are an amazingly nice car still, I love them, awsome to drive in, but I do see them almost everyday when out on deliveries, (even in the winter out here too) which is a shame........ I wish people would store them or something, just don't take them out in the winter.......

Last edited by Lennon; 12-28-2003 at 07:10 PM.
Lennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 07:09 PM   #3
Soldo
6th Gear Member

So what, just because theres a lot for sale, doesn't mean they're not as rare!
The E36 M3's are a LOT easier to notice compared to E36 M3's who have the same chasis as the rest!
How bout we get some production numbers numbers in here!
BUT, if you've never been in a E46 M3, i can understand why you have little interest in them!!
Old 12-28-2003, 07:23 PM   #4
Lil'Smoothie

Quote:
The E36 M3's are a LOT easier to notice compared to E36 M3's who have the same chasis as the rest!
?????
Are you talking about E30 M3? Like people really notice the chasis on a car.
There is no way in hell people can not differentiate between an e30 325i and e30 M3. There is a freaking wide body on one.

Quote:
BUT, if you've never been in a E46 M3, i can understand why you have little interest in them!!
I have, still little interest in them, they are fast yes, they are nothing special from any other e46 inside however. Still when I see them I don't even look twice at them.

The e36 M3 is gettin more rare each day, and I find myself alot more interested in those, even tho there are few differences between those and regular e36's

Flame suit on, ready for war
Old 12-28-2003, 07:27 PM   #5
Lil'Smoothie

E30 M3 - approx 17000 produced total (all models) world wide, correct me if I'm wrong
Proabably under a thousand in Canada left on the streets
One for sale one the autotrader currently, and it is from over seas

E36 M3, don't know the numbers, as I have little interest in new BMW's, these cars are growing on me so I would like to know

E46 M3 - I dunno but I'm willing to bet there are at least 10 times the amount of e30 m3's produced, these cars are in every yuppies driveway in North America
Old 12-28-2003, 07:53 PM   #6
UncleJ
Average Homeboy

The E46 M3 is awsome. It doesn't matter if every yuppie has one, it doesn't make the car any less bad ass.

Maxbimmer gangbang.. cmon peoples!!! throw some high fives, slap dinks together and take turns!!
UncleJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 07:56 PM   #7
ROBM3
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to ROBM3
E30 M3's all the way !

ROBM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 07:57 PM   #8
Lennon
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Lennon Send a message via MSN to Lennon
I'm with Rob on this one
Old 12-28-2003, 08:05 PM   #9
Soldo
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by UncleJ
The E46 M3 is awsome. It doesn't matter if every yuppie has one, it doesn't make the car any less bad ass.
AMEN!!
I meant to say that the E46's are easier notice then the E36 M3's!

Quote:
I have, still little interest in them, they are fast yes, they are nothing special from any other e46 inside however. Still when I see them I don't even look twice at them.
tell me WHICH M car has a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT interior, compared to its predecessor?

And while the war is on, E36's RUN THINGS!
(EURO VERSION that is)
Old 12-28-2003, 08:06 PM   #10
SebSter
6th Gear Member

you dont make sense

of course new cars will be a lot more common than older cars, notice most of those ads are from dealers - since e46 is the most current model of 3 series, obviously all the dealers will be carrying e46 m3s. its the current production model - from what i see only 3 out ofthe 35 for sale are private sales

using your argument i could say a lada is a better car than an e30 m3 because ive only seen 1 lada ever on the streets in toronto, while i have seen maybe 6 or more e30 m3s

edit: correction, only 2 of the 35 are private sales

Old car 1990 325ix. Current car 2000 540i.
SebSter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 08:09 PM   #11
ROBM3
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to ROBM3
Quote:
Originally posted by SebSter
using your argument i could say a lada is a better car than an e30 m3 because ive only seen 1 lada ever on the streets in toronto, while i have seen maybe 6 or more e30 m3s

That's a dumb statement right there.
ROBM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 08:10 PM   #12
SebSter
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ROBM3
That's a dumb statement right there.
that was the idea
SebSter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 08:22 PM   #13
BMWF1

I heard BMW had a recall on those engines cause they would just totally lock up and be dead??? any truth?
Old 12-28-2003, 08:32 PM   #14
Lil'Smoothie

Quote:
Why even bother replying to a post if you dont READ it properly

Never once did I say e30 M3's are better.....
Way to make yourself look foolish brah

Just cuz a car is new does not mean they have to mass produce it. Many of these cars are used M3's from the dealer, correct. What does this tell you?

E39 M5's are the newest M5, and seldom do I see them on the road or for that matter for sale

My point is that BMW has over produced the e46 m3 and it has lost it's exclusiveness, something all M cars have been in the past, and something that I like about them. E46 M3 is often driven by yuppies who know nothing about M car's or for that matter BMW.
Old 12-28-2003, 08:36 PM   #15
Soldo
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Lil'Smoothie

E39 M5's are the newest M5, and seldom do I see them on the road or for that matter for sale

My point is that BMW has over produced the e46 m3 and it has lost it's exclusiveness, something all M cars have been in the past, and something that I like about them. E46 M3 is often driven by yuppies who know nothing about M car's or for that matter BMW.
WOW!
GOOD POINT!
I never though about it that way, but i agree with you that the M3's don't 'SEEM' as exclusive as they once did, but until i see numbers PROVING that, this argument is sorta boneless!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: