Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-24-2003, 06:42 PM   #1
BMWjACkER

Car is Choking?

Hey

Any 1 know why my Car would choke when adding the Throttle very fast? Timing? right know i'm going to add some injecter cleaner flued... I had time proble before and it when away tell now... Any one come across this problem before? Thanks
BMWjACkER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 09:05 PM   #2
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

i have this problem too...only under like 2500rpm though if i give it a bit of gas it chokes...also my car SHAKES a lot when idling.

fuel pump? i hope not!

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 09:42 PM   #3
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

BMW jacker, honest to god, when i bought my 533i i had a problem like yours(well kinda, i stalled it once, and then after that, it would choke when sitting at idle), and redlining 2,3, and 4th gear helped it. i think it was just clogged hoses or something, but it never EVER stalled again. I also, had this electronic gremlin, when the car would be driving normally, and all of a sudden, it would feel like im not pressing the gas properly, or the fuel has been cut off, and then it would go back to normal after a few seconds, and then do it again, but that was only when cruizing. When gunning it, that problem never occured. Basically get all the shit out of it by taking it all the way to the redline!!!ITS FUN, TRUST ME!!! Just make sure there is no cops around you first.....

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
'91 Alfa Romer 164S- Red/Black/ Recaro interior
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 10:08 PM   #4
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

terry i redlined my car about 394578863 times today and it didnt do shit.

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Old 12-25-2003, 12:00 AM   #5
BMWjACkER

REDLINE:(

I just got a chip for my ride and I've been beating the f@ck out of it, pushing it a little too far, now when I put the peddle to the floor i't chokes, " only if I do it fast" may be not enough gas coming in......
Old 12-25-2003, 04:35 AM   #6
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

i redlined it like terry said over and over (while feeding it to the new RX-8!!) and it did help, im using some system cleaner too about 2-3 times over

Old 12-25-2003, 05:17 AM   #7
crazyvadim
6th Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to crazyvadim
Re: Car is Choking?

Quote:
Originally posted by BMWjACkER
Hey

Any 1 know why my Car would choke when adding the Throttle very fast? Timing? right know i'm going to add some injecter cleaner flued... I had time proble before and it when away tell now... Any one come across this problem before? Thanks
Im thinking leaking or dirty injectors,do you get a check engine light??
crazyvadim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2003, 05:21 AM   #8
crazyvadim
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bmwm5lover
I also, had this electronic gremlin, when the car would be driving normally, and all of a sudden, it would feel like im not pressing the gas properly, or the fuel has been cut off, and then it would go back to normal after a few seconds, and then do it again, but that was only when cruizing. When gunning it, that problem never occured. Basically get all the shit out of it by taking it all the way to the redline!!!ITS FUN, TRUST ME!!! Just make sure there is no cops around you first.....
sounds like a bad throttle position sensor
Old 12-25-2003, 05:49 PM   #9
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Originally posted by crazyvadim
that car's gone man....

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
'91 Alfa Romer 164S- Red/Black/ Recaro interior
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2003, 01:56 AM   #10
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally posted by crazyvadim
where can i check mine? my car spudders while driving at half throttle sometimes...and even at idle it does...the car SHAKES like im gettin it on with someone

Old 12-27-2003, 03:51 AM   #11
BMWjACkER

Problem fixed, too much oil..... duhhh
Old 12-27-2003, 06:48 AM   #12
crazyvadim
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by E46_lover
where can i check mine? my car spudders while driving at half throttle sometimes...and even at idle it does...the car SHAKES like im gettin it on with someone
No Check Engine lights?? A bad TPS will affect ignition timing,fuel metering and it can give u many trouble codes.You can test one by measuring the voltage drop across the sensor at different throttle positions,check your service manual for more info since im not really familiar with BMWs.....i try helping you german import guys the best i can.
Old 12-27-2003, 03:13 PM   #13
BMWjACkER

Man it said to check every thing, I don't look at that any more I get scared.

Thanks
Old 12-27-2003, 03:24 PM   #14
Quack
Wheelman

Send a message via MSN to Quack
my car shakes when I floor it, but I figured it out what it was, my cats were clogged to shit, going to get a whole new exhaust system next week

Maxbimmer Drama, You Gotta Love It
Quack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2003, 03:27 PM   #15
Quack
Wheelman

Send a message via MSN to Quack
Quote:
Originally posted by E46_lover
i have this problem too...only under like 2500rpm though if i give it a bit of gas it chokes...also my car SHAKES a lot when idling.

fuel pump? i hope not!
Jon is the car misfiring, my car was ok, but when I rev it over 3500 it shakes, during idling also, my cats were causing the problem

Maxbimmer Drama, You Gotta Love It
Quack is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: