Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-23-2003, 07:10 PM   #1
DANGo330
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Cali
Posts: 5
Sister sold CLK320, lookin for BMW!!!

Guys my sister loves driving my car, she recently sold her 02 CLK320 back to Mercedes, yes BIG POS and has been car shopping, she wants to buy a used vehicle and not spend over 30K because she is trying to save money. She wants to go for a CPO Lexus because of their rep for quality and service blah blah but I told her since she likes my car so much she should get a CPO 330. I found her a pretty nice one. Check the specs.

Loaded almost with the exact option as mine but in Alpine white and no heated seats.

2001 330i Alpine White on Sand Leather Steptronic
54,500 miles
Xenons
Sport/Premium
H/K Sound

My only concern is the relatively high miles, 54k. But it is CPO vehicle which mean its good for 100K. She doesn't need another car thats gonna give her headaches. I test drove it, seems solid. Only thing missing is floormats but the salesman said he'll throw them in if we make a deal.

The price on the window is $28,500. The salesman said this one has been on the lot for about 40 days and they are getting desperate to move it. Since they are wraping up the year also they will work out some nice numbers for us. What do you guys think is a good aggressive offer? I'm thinking about $25,000+fees. Let me know what you guys think, we wanna pick this bad boy up after Christmas.
__________________
01 Steel Grey 330i Steptronic
Sport/Premium
Heat Seats
H/K
Xenons
Titanium Shadow Trim
DANGo330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 08:38 PM   #2
EstorilM3
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 363
Re: Sister sold CLK320, lookin for BMW!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by DANGo330
Guys my sister loves driving my car, she recently sold her 02 CLK320 back to Mercedes, yes BIG POS and has been car shopping, she wants to buy a used vehicle and not spend over 30K because she is trying to save money. She wants to go for a CPO Lexus because of their rep for quality and service blah blah but I told her since she likes my car so much she should get a CPO 330. I found her a pretty nice one. Check the specs.

Loaded almost with the exact option as mine but in Alpine white and no heated seats.

2001 330i Alpine White on Sand Leather Steptronic
54,500 miles
Xenons
Sport/Premium
H/K Sound

My only concern is the relatively high miles, 54k. But it is CPO vehicle which mean its good for 100K. She doesn't need another car thats gonna give her headaches. I test drove it, seems solid. Only thing missing is floormats but the salesman said he'll throw them in if we make a deal.

The price on the window is $28,500. The salesman said this one has been on the lot for about 40 days and they are getting desperate to move it. Since they are wraping up the year also they will work out some nice numbers for us. What do you guys think is a good aggressive offer? I'm thinking about $25,000+fees. Let me know what you guys think, we wanna pick this bad boy up after Christmas.
I was gonna say $28,500!!!!!
But that's US dollars, not CDN

Check Autotrader.com to see if the price is comparable to others in your area.

What was the problem with the Mercedes? Electronics?
EstorilM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 08:59 PM   #3
crazyvadim
6th Gear Member
 
crazyvadim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 2,178
Send a message via AIM to crazyvadim
Sport/premuim package and no heated seats??
I dont think thats right,doesnt premuim package come with heated seats??
crazyvadim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 11:37 PM   #4
bimmerdude
4th Gear Member
 
bimmerdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 639
Quote:
Originally posted by crazyvadim
Sport/premuim package and no heated seats??
I dont think thats right,doesnt premuim package come with heated seats??
umm probably not from my exp. for my 98 it had the premium pckge and it included full leather interior, and wood int., plus something else. Heated front seats was a extra 500 for me and also another 500 or so for the full obc
__________________

Viva BMW!
Thanks E46_Lover for the awesome sig
My ///M5 fund has begun estimated time : 2 years

BMW M Power
bimmerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 11:52 PM   #5
DANGo330
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Cali
Posts: 5
Re: Re: Sister sold CLK320, lookin for BMW!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by EstorilM3

What was the problem with the Mercedes? Electronics?
YES!! TONS OF ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS!!! The windows won't roll up after it rains, it goes up half way, then goes back down, once in a while the information display goes wacky and displays all types of system failures like ABS Failure, ESP failure ect. The fog lights burnt out like 3 times, When it was brand new after we took it home the fogs was already pre-burnt out for us and the stupid info center kept beeping Light Failure!! The steering made lots of awful noises when its cold, the car overheated at 22k miles going up a grade. The rear power sunshade got stuck in the up position. The Mercedes phone (made by Motorola) took a crap 2 times. The wood trim inside near the windshield would magically come off and had to be replaced 2 times. It stalled on my sister many times randomly at stoplights but the dealers could never duplicate the problem. And for some odd reason the driver side front tire wore out completely and the rest of the 3 tires were brand new. Mercedes did an alignment on it and still, it wore out a lot faster than the other 3. ALL OF THIS on a 2002 model!! We sucked it up, cut our losses and gave that POS back to Mercedes. God I feel sorry for the next owner!
__________________
01 Steel Grey 330i Steptronic
Sport/Premium
Heat Seats
H/K
Xenons
Titanium Shadow Trim

Last edited by DANGo330; 12-23-2003 at 11:55 PM.
DANGo330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 12:21 AM   #6
crazyvadim
6th Gear Member
 
crazyvadim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 2,178
Send a message via AIM to crazyvadim
Quote:
Originally posted by bimmerdude
umm probably not from my exp. for my 98 it had the premium pckge and it included full leather interior, and wood int., plus something else. Heated front seats was a extra 500 for me and also another 500 or so for the full obc
Maybe in 98,but i figured a 330 has to come with heated seats.
crazyvadim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 12:26 AM   #7
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor
 
Jon@Bimmersport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 13,786
the 330's up here on BMW's site come with heated seats standard...

i dont get it..oh well, in the US u guys gotta add xenons to E46 M3 according to bmwusa.com..and up here everything standard! haha suckers

anyways, get a full report on the car...and contact the previous owner if possible to find out why he gave the car back.
__________________

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 12:48 AM   #8
crazyvadim
6th Gear Member
 
crazyvadim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 2,178
Send a message via AIM to crazyvadim
Quote:
Originally posted by E46_lover
the 330's up here on BMW's site come with heated seats standard...

i dont get it..oh well, in the US u guys gotta add xenons to E46 M3 according to bmwusa.com..and up here everything standard! haha suckers

anyways, get a full report on the car...and contact the previous owner if possible to find out why he gave the car back.
Shaddup! Canada sucks! go shovel snow...
crazyvadim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 01:00 AM   #9
takeshi
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 352
Quote:
Originally posted by crazyvadim
Shaddup! Canada sucks! go shovel snow...
hahahahahahaah i just burst out laughing
takeshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 01:40 AM   #10
bimmerdude
4th Gear Member
 
bimmerdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 639
Quote:
Originally posted by E46_lover

i dont get it..oh well, in the US u guys gotta add xenons to E46 M3 according to bmwusa.com..and up here everything standard! haha suckers

yep its true its like an expensive option but w.e. we in the US dont need them bright lights we have awesome vision and halogens are gonna make a come back (just like the 70s shoes came back lol)jk
__________________

Viva BMW!
Thanks E46_Lover for the awesome sig
My ///M5 fund has begun estimated time : 2 years

BMW M Power
bimmerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 01:51 AM   #11
Soldo
6th Gear Member
 
Soldo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 12,484
Quote:
Originally posted by crazyvadim
Shaddup! Canada sucks! go shovel snow...
NY gets snow too smart ass!
I guess, heated seats are standard, here, but why would heated seats be needed in CALI?!
__________________
Keven Soldo
Soldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 01:57 AM   #12
bimmerdude
4th Gear Member
 
bimmerdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 639
Quote:
Originally posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i

I guess, heated seats are standard, here, but why would heated seats be needed in CALI?!
LOL haha i just noticed that , maybe there gonna travel to somwhere cold i dunno but pertty funny
__________________

Viva BMW!
Thanks E46_Lover for the awesome sig
My ///M5 fund has begun estimated time : 2 years

BMW M Power
bimmerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 01:58 AM   #13
SickFinga
Moderator
 
SickFinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Location:
Posts: 16,510
Quote:
Originally posted by crazyvadim
Shaddup! Canada sucks! go shovel snow...
Here is your answer Vadim.
Heated seats come with Winter Package.

and yes USA sucks.
Canadians bimmers are better.
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 02:04 AM   #14
bimmerdude
4th Gear Member
 
bimmerdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 639
The thing i like about Canada..........















Canadian Bacon!!!
__________________

Viva BMW!
Thanks E46_Lover for the awesome sig
My ///M5 fund has begun estimated time : 2 years

BMW M Power
bimmerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 02:18 AM   #15
crazyvadim
6th Gear Member
 
crazyvadim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 2,178
Send a message via AIM to crazyvadim
Quote:
Originally posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i
NY gets snow too smart ass!
I guess, heated seats are standard, here, but why would heated seats be needed in CALI?!
Canada still sucks...go build a snowman
crazyvadim is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2014