Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-22-2003, 01:24 PM   #31
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Quote:
Originally posted by DbIiRrTdY
Justin, which dealer ship is that?
They expanded, moved, and changed their name. It's now called Prestige Toys... just west of Finch/Yonge ... on Finch.

As the name suggests, they only deal with high end cars.. that is.. new BMW's.. Ferrari's.. Porches... Hummers... Jag's and Benz's... the only reason they had my old 92 E36 was because it was a trade in... they don't keep old cars on the floor usually... they keep them locked up in a massive garage bumper to bumper.. if it doesn't sell in a week, they send it off to another dealership.

But they have a reputation to abide by... so even though it was a trade in, they still give me the pampered treatment as if I bought a new M5. Good guys... if you ever check it out, ask for Hadi---honest man, no pressure.
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 04:25 PM   #32
Understated
7th Gear [SMG III] Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Justin e36
looks good bro.. except don't forget that's from a dealership.. you gotta pay tax on that.

I bought my 318i in the summer of 2002... black on black leather, heated seats, fogs, sunroof, with Type 45 rims from an E46, and 1 year warranty...

They've replaced everything I've asked them to in that year... from little things like blown light bulbs, timing chain tensioner, control arm, when one of my rims got bent, they replaced it for free. Never asked any questions, never any hassle... things that wore out like my brakes they didn't do for free, but I only had to pay for the price of parts.. (or bring my own, so I can buy from eBay or whatever...) ... no charge for labour. Even when someone stole my after market clear turn signals---they gave me another pair so my car was still legal)

I paid $9,800 from the dealer... oh, and that was with 124KM.

They detailed my car before I picked her up.. and 6 months later, they asked me to bring her in to see if she needed another detailing or cleaning... and they did that for free again.

My point is... if you buy from a good dealership, you can get whatever problems you find fixed for free. You end up paying for it in the taxes... but it gives you a piece of mind. And that meant a lot to me... since it was also my first car.

Attached is the pic of her before detailing.. (same one that was in AutoTrader)... this is stock, when I bought her... NOT even close to what she still looks like. (yes.. she came with a german license plate on the front...) .. pic was taken before detailing, which is why she doesn't have a strong shine.

Most would say I over-paid for her... but from the money and frustration I saved, knowing I have a solid ride now... I'm not complaining.

Take your time bro, shop around...
wow that is one sexy deal

why is that BMW dealerships jack up the price on all their E36s compared to other used car dealers
Understated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 12:16 AM   #33
low_bmw
6th Gear Member

Location: "ANYWHERE WHERE THE PAVEMENT IS SMOOTH AND THERE IS NO SPEEDBUMPS" Toronto (Etobicoke)
Why don't you buy my Civic? It's going up for sale in March. It's got a ZC DOHC jdm motor. Very fast. Cheap and cheap to fix.
low_bmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 01:29 AM   #34
Understated

Quote:
Originally posted by low_bmw
Why don't you buy my Civic? It's going up for sale in March. It's got a ZC DOHC jdm motor. Very fast. Cheap and cheap to fix.
i already have a civic
Old 12-23-2003, 04:01 PM   #35
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
I took the Mazda 3 out for a spin yesterday.. it's 16K base price. I have to say.. I'm impressed. It's a very fun car to drive... a lot more fun to drive than I was expecting. It was only the 2.0L Manual I drove... but I kicked it pretty hard. They gave me the keys... I didn't have someone driving with me. So I took her on the 401. I also took the Civic for a spin not too long ago... (I'm doing this for a friend.. she wants to buy a new car for under 20K...) .. anyway, the Mazda 3 is 1000x better... without a doubt.

If you want to buy new, it's a lil more than 12K.. but you can lease it.

Go check it out, take it for a spin... you'll see what I mean.
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 04:53 PM   #36
Understated

Quote:
Originally posted by Justin e36
I took the Mazda 3 out for a spin yesterday.. it's 16K base price. I have to say.. I'm impressed. It's a very fun car to drive... a lot more fun to drive than I was expecting. It was only the 2.0L Manual I drove... but I kicked it pretty hard. They gave me the keys... I didn't have someone driving with me. So I took her on the 401. I also took the Civic for a spin not too long ago... (I'm doing this for a friend.. she wants to buy a new car for under 20K...) .. anyway, the Mazda 3 is 1000x better... without a doubt.

If you want to buy new, it's a lil more than 12K.. but you can lease it.

Go check it out, take it for a spin... you'll see what I mean.
i'll definately look into one next year
Old 12-28-2003, 07:09 PM   #37
Kurt Schneller
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Gizmo
My mom's car is a wednesday car for sure, its a BMW E34 535i 1991, it has done over 420 000km without the motor being touched, only thing we had to replace was a new clutch at 280 000km. The car still drives very well with no smoke.

The M50 engine is probably the most reliable engine to come out the Munich stables.
Hey gizmo, good to see Your on Max aswell

I'l make a better one later...
Kurt Schneller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 07:35 PM   #38
Lil'Smoothie

Hey Echo, how about a Toyota Echo, they are round, under 12 grand and very cute!

Old 12-28-2003, 11:55 PM   #39
Understated

lol^^^u should try stand up comedy
Old 12-29-2003, 01:42 AM   #40
Lil'Smoothie

yah that was pretty good eh
u decided on a whip yet?
Old 12-29-2003, 03:09 AM   #41
Understated

^^hehehe

not exactly, but i've narrowed it down to either an E36 325i or a 318i

whichever i find at a better value when it comes time to buy
Old 12-29-2003, 08:42 PM   #42
328is_Perf
5th Gear Member

I got a 328is as my first car... its really nice! and it has the mightier M52 engine! I got really lucky on buying it tho... and it only had 64,000 miles on it ... thats 100,000 km or so... it looks great
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bimmer 003resize.jpg (256.3 KB, 41 views)
328is_Perf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 08:45 PM   #43
328is_Perf
5th Gear Member

way under 12k USD

The ONE and ONLY TRUE ///M3:
E36 ///M3 GTR
Old 12-29-2003, 10:12 PM   #44
Understated

^^^^^^sweeeeeet

how much u pay (can$)
Old 12-30-2003, 03:14 AM   #45
328is_Perf
5th Gear Member

would you believe 6300 USD (8,244.18 CAD at 1.3086 rate)?

nah didnt think so (im only 17!)

CON:
its been flooded slightly (i fixed everything up and checked it at the dealer too, its fine) , and has salvage title
got it from www.bcapauction.com in houston texas

but hey.. if you want bmw ... you gotta go the extra mile

The ONE and ONLY TRUE ///M3:
E36 ///M3 GTR

Last edited by 328is_Perf; 12-30-2003 at 03:18 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: