Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-17-2003, 10:41 PM   #16
BMW_M52_M20
6th Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to BMW_M52_M20 Send a message via Yahoo to BMW_M52_M20
Quote:
Originally posted by BladeRunner
Why u gotta do the Monte like that man? Just breaks my heart. Those V8s are fun as heck, I don't know about gas milage but they can move.

I agree with buddy why by a BMW as a winter car, unless it has a salvage title then what the heck.

Many on the boards seem to have E30s as winter cars. What up wit dat, they're like classics now? Anyway wouldn't the E30 make a bad Winter. I mean we all know about the leaks they have. Water in the rear or front cabin, also the trunk (mine is currently leaking I think I should fix it with new tailight assembly). Lastly, I wouldn't think the heater on a car that old produce much heat?
Wrong Wrong and Wrong........ I don't have any of those problems with mine, and my heater is awsome in the e30, heats up quicker and blows much hotter air then my e36.
Sure they are not the best of car for winter traction wise, but a lot of the cars out there aren't......I bought it as a winter car and may turn it into a project car in the spring. I would rather drive that around in the winter then my e36.
Jay

Present: 1997 Jetta GLX VR6
2004 325iT (E46) (pops)
BMW_M52_M20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 10:46 PM   #17
BladeRunner
4th Gear Member

Dern, mine only gets semi warm. Did you do anything special your heater or coolant sys.?
Old 12-19-2003, 02:22 AM   #18
snd84318i
3rd Gear Member

my 84 blows mad heat . i drive with the windows open .no leaks in th front but do have water in my trunk but thats fron negleck from prior owner . its my only car right now so it will be my winter beater as you call them . but soon to be restored . but if i wanted i would still drive it in the winter . whats the oint of soap and water if your car isnt dirty. plus besides masterbating when wifes gone shopping on a sunday . what else is there to do but clean or work on the car anyway .:OP lol
Old 12-19-2003, 04:24 AM   #19
BladeRunner
4th Gear Member

My heater is only a year old, which I think has something to with the lack of heating. I've noticed that since I use it more (almost winter now) it has been getting warmer than before.

snd84318i where's the water leaking in on yours? I've narrowed mine down to the tailight assembly (loose screws, old sealant, strips).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: