Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-13-2003, 03:40 PM   #1
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via ICQ to thinair Send a message via MSN to thinair
Went Xmas shopping for myself

I was home from work yesterday and I spent some time browsing the net for group buys......

Well, I had been looking for a JT-Designs underpanel for a while, because I'm missing the stock underpanel. So I got one!

Also, I ordered a Eurospeed M50 intake manifold kit and software (AA based software). It has the M50 manifold adapter plate, but I'm getting the manifold locally. The cool thing is that I'm getting my ECU socketed, so I don't have to keep sending my ECU stateside for updates. I can just call and order another EEPROM, and swap them at will (if I get cams, headers, TB, or if I want the rev limiter changed, idle changed, etc.). I was even offered a valet ('girlfriend') EEPROM that I could get cut off at 120km/h or like 3000rpm if I wanted (I can choose the cutoffs at will).

Anyway, with that Eurospeed kit, some people are getting 198rwhp, which is decent. My only complaint is that it moves the whole powerband higher into the revs, and no increase in torque. Oh well. Hopefully oneday cams will fix that.

I finally got myself a right M3 spindle, so after a year of having my brakes laying around, I think i can finally install them.

This winter is going to be nuts, hopefully I can get all these parts I've had laying around installed finally.

(click the link on my sig, you can see that uninstalled parts list just piling up)

I will follow up everything I install with a review as usual, but unfortunately I won't test drive anything until the spring.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."

Last edited by thinair; 12-13-2003 at 03:43 PM.
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 04:23 PM   #2
98323IS
6th Gear Member

That's awesome man! Your car is awesome I have always liked it. My car is getting a dinan carbon fiber CAI, throttle body, stage III upgrade and UUC pullies! Must......go......faster.........My best 1/4 mile time is a 15.09 @ 93MPH, and I need to get it deeper into the 14's! I also want a 3:23LSD but they are hard to find!
98323IS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 04:27 PM   #3
Furious
BMW again.

nice ,,very nice
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 11:11 PM   #4
BMW_M52_M20
6th Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to BMW_M52_M20 Send a message via Yahoo to BMW_M52_M20
Thats going to be nice, you do have a few things unistalled!!!
A good winter project perhaps.....
Your car is becoming quite modded with goodies, I had a look at your site with the specs of your car and sounds and looks great......I haven't seen your ride since way back when you had the 19's on.......

Jay

Present: 1997 Jetta GLX VR6
2004 325iT (E46) (pops)
BMW_M52_M20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 05:12 AM   #5
bimmerdude
4th Gear Member

sounds good man keep us posted

Viva BMW!
Thanks E46_Lover for the awesome sig
My ///M5 fund has begun estimated time : 2 years

BMW M Power
bimmerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 03:20 PM   #6
thinair
moderationistismingly

Oh yeah, I think it's safe to say that I can add M3 camshafts to that list too (from a 99 M52B32).
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."

Last edited by thinair; 12-14-2003 at 03:32 PM.
Old 12-14-2003, 03:52 PM   #7
bimmerdude
4th Gear Member

lol how much money have u put out on your bimmer??? and how many horsies you pushing out on that 328?

Viva BMW!
Thanks E46_Lover for the awesome sig
My ///M5 fund has begun estimated time : 2 years

BMW M Power
bimmerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 04:25 PM   #8
thinair
moderationistismingly

Quote:
Originally posted by bimmerdude
lol how much money have u put out on your bimmer??? and how many horsies you pushing out on that 328?
Well, almost everything I buy is either with a group buy (underpanel and m50 kit/software), or used (the cams), so it saves me some money.

And I try not to keep track of the money spent, it's depressing

The modding bug has bit.

As for horsepower and torque, I haven't installed a bunch of stuff yet, hopefully by the spring, and then I will hit the dyno and let everyone know.
Old 12-14-2003, 10:25 PM   #9
WASABI
OG

Where are you getting your ECU socketed ? Eurospeed ? And how much ?
WASABI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 11:19 PM   #10
thinair
moderationistismingly

Quote:
Originally posted by WASABI
Where are you getting your ECU socketed ? Eurospeed ? And how much ?
$150, or $100 if you buy their software. When you get their software and get your ecu socketed, they give you two chips, one with the stock program, and another with the upgraded program
Old 12-16-2003, 04:40 PM   #11
KIRASIR
Your Nightmare

Gimme a shout when you are gonna get the under panel. I would love to take a look at it.

SL

PS Your services will not be forgotten...

KIRASIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 08:38 PM   #12
97 Z3 2.8
2nd Gear Member

Thinair,

If you need soemone to do the installs for you I can give pretty good deal. PM me if interested.

I've done 3 M50's and 3 sets of cams to date.

PM JazzM for a referance if you like.

Bill
Old 12-18-2003, 10:17 PM   #13
thinair
moderationistismingly

Quote:
Originally posted by 97 Z3 2.8
Thinair,

If you need soemone to do the installs for you I can give pretty good deal. PM me if interested.

I've done 3 M50's and 3 sets of cams to date.

PM JazzM for a referance if you like.

Bill
I can handle the M50 manifold install no problem, but the cams I make have to seek some outside help. I'm comfortable trying the cams, I just don't have the BMW cam tool to pull it off.

But thank you for the offer, I'll keep you in mind.
Old 12-19-2003, 01:43 PM   #14
97 Z3 2.8
2nd Gear Member

You'll need the tool... if you have any questions about the manifold I'd be glad to help you out.

Bill

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: