Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-11-2003, 02:04 AM   #1
Boris The Blade

Cool Has anyone ever heard about this school

http://www.race2000.com/home.html

I was just watching the Speed Channel and I saw this. Seemed kinda interesting.

John!
Boris The Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 02:16 AM   #2
1BADBMW
6th Gear Member

woh, that is cool!! but very $$$$$!!!

--> PARTING OUT E21 320 <--
1BADBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 02:28 AM   #3
duffy325
4th Gear Member

There is also one similar to that in montreal. I believe it is called basi school or something like that. Just search for it.
Old 12-11-2003, 01:05 PM   #4
ImolaMZ3
2nd Gear Member

It's a great school, I have been several times. It is expensive but luckily I had a sponser. If you can, try even the one day course if they still offer it. You spend about 2 hours in the class room discussing vehicle dynamics and then go out and put it to use. We got over 150 laps in on the first day. Forget about going out and trashing cars, they restrict you pretty much in the first two days (no passing, can't even get close to another car). Eventually they find out who is faster and put them together in a group. We had two to three groups at any one time, one group on the track, the other discussing what happened. If you go for the full three day event, you actually race on the last day.

Things you will learn. The proper way to take "the line" including heel and toe. Mass vs hp vs torque vs polar moment of inertia. These cars are extremely light with a full areo kit. The tires look tiny but given that it is soo light it is all the car needs. We were allowed to take our own cars on the track for 15 minutes at the end of the first day and most people ran off the course, not realizing that you production based car cannot even come close to a F2, even if it only has 140hp.

One thing, I did all my courses at Shannonville where there are no gaurdrails and a trip in the grass was uneventful. Mosport is different unless they are not using the main course.
ImolaMZ3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: