Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-08-2003, 02:43 PM   #1
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Exclamation best way to secure BMW emblem?

my carbon fibre trunk emblem was stolen last night... (I'm 99% sure I know from who... this dude that drives a 87 souped up Honda Prelude that looks like shit... he even put on M3 mirror and the M3 fender grills... grr... hate that.) anyway... how can I hold this more securely than the 3M tape?? Any ideas?

Justin
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 02:54 PM   #2
Sunapollo
3rd Gear Member

you wouldn't want to secure the emblem with super glue or something strong because when someone's trying to pry the emblem off they might leave big scratches ...

the only 100% secure way is to take the emblem off with you ... but that sounds stupid ...
Sunapollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 03:10 PM   #3
bimmerdude
4th Gear Member

wow is emblem theft really big in canada or something ?? it has never happened to me (yet) i dunno what to tell you about how to better secure your emblem sorry man

Viva BMW!
Thanks E46_Lover for the awesome sig
My ///M5 fund has begun estimated time : 2 years

BMW M Power
bimmerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 03:44 PM   #4
Jase
twisted beyond reason

Send a message via MSN to Jase
I have lost mine twice. I secured mine the second time. It was a bad idea since i ended up with a scratch on the trunk.
Jase
Old 12-08-2003, 03:53 PM   #5
dtthiaga
6th Gear Member

Has anyone looked into a good quality BMW logo that is a sticker, and not an actual emblem. Not sure where youd get one.. but

This way, there is nothing to pry off, but it still looks like youve got the emblem unless you go up close.

If youve lost it a couple of times already, it may be worth while????
dtthiaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 04:15 PM   #6
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Quote:
Originally posted by bimmerdude
wow is emblem theft really big in canada or something ?? it has never happened to me (yet) i dunno what to tell you about how to better secure your emblem sorry man
Not just emblems.. but fog lights, moulding, and clear front turn signals too. I wish those emblems conducted electricity... ZAAAAPP...

It's a lot more rare to have a BMW stolen here opposed to the US though.
Old 12-08-2003, 04:16 PM   #7
Justin e36
---

Quote:
Originally posted by Jase
I have lost mine twice. I secured mine the second time. It was a bad idea since i ended up with a scratch on the trunk.
Jase
how did you secure it? what did you use?
Old 12-08-2003, 04:18 PM   #8
Justin e36
---

Quote:
Originally posted by dtthiaga
Has anyone looked into a good quality BMW logo that is a sticker, and not an actual emblem. Not sure where youd get one.. but

This way, there is nothing to pry off, but it still looks like youve got the emblem unless you go up close.

If youve lost it a couple of times already, it may be worth while????
yeah lots of BMW stickers available:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2447083669

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2447085752

etc.. but I just don't think it'd look even half as good as with the actual rounded roundel that shines in the sun.

I guess it's a win/lose situation.
Old 12-08-2003, 04:43 PM   #9
AcidSnow
Boss of Bosses

Re: best way to secure BMW emblem?

Quote:
Originally posted by Justin e36
my carbon fibre trunk emblem was stolen last night... (I'm 99% sure I know from who... this dude that drives a 87 souped up Honda Prelude that looks like shit... he even put on M3 mirror and the M3 fender grills... grr... hate that.) anyway... how can I hold this more securely than the 3M tape?? Any ideas?

Justin

if your 99% sure you know who took it, then one idea in securing it, so that no one else takes it, is find the guy that took it, beat the shit out of him, put him in your trunk, tie a peice of string to the back of your emblem that goes into the trunk - and his job will be to hold on that string . . .

ps - take him out when your trunk starts to smell . . . .
AcidSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 05:33 PM   #10
Jase
twisted beyond reason

Send a message via MSN to Jase
To secure my emblem I drilled a small hole in each pin and drove a screw into it from the rear. I broke one trying. LOL.So it can cost more to secure it.I know you can put a rubber gasket under it and wire it to some power so when they go to take it they get a shock. you can wire your alarm with a switch under your front and rear emblem . That is what i am doing. I have a pager alarm so I can catch them taking it
Jase
Old 12-08-2003, 05:56 PM   #11
niko_gt
6th Gear Member

my buddys mom had that problem her symbol was being jacked so often that she has velcro on the back of the symbol and when she parks the car she takes the bmw symbol off, and velcro's it back on hahahahahah
Old 12-08-2003, 05:56 PM   #12
AMG_POWER
500HP Member

Wire the emblem to the battery so if someone touches it, it gives them 110 volts of satisfaction
Old 12-08-2003, 07:05 PM   #13
Justin e36
---

Re: Re: best way to secure BMW emblem?

I figure it like this. I went to the gym at 1:20am... my emblem was there. There were 7 cars there when I parked. I reversed in beside a very ugly 87 Prelude with an ugly bodykit painted metallic blue... very oldskool prelude.. but he put on m3 mirrors and m3-style chrome fender vents... which I found very annoying.) .. but in either case... I did my hour workout... easily outweighing the other guys in the gym... and whe I left, only one car was missing.. the prelude---along with it, my emblem.

The dumbest thing you can do is steal from a bodybuilder. His shiny blue paint won't be very nice when I'm done with it either... my gf suggested I used some razor blades to carve up his paint inconspicously.. so by spring time it'll be nicely rusting with whatever I write all over it... she's a smart one. Also said it'd be a good idea to put a whole load of instant metal under his valve caps for all 4 of his tires, then put a couple little nails wedged under his tires. Or I can just go and beat the crap outta him...

but I like your idea too.. maybe I'll have to plan some type of hybrid approach.......

Quote:
Originally posted by AcidSnow
if your 99% sure you know who took it, then one idea in securing it, so that no one else takes it, is find the guy that took it, beat the shit out of him, put him in your trunk, tie a peice of string to the back of your emblem that goes into the trunk - and his job will be to hold on that string . . .

ps - take him out when your trunk starts to smell . . . .
Old 12-08-2003, 07:14 PM   #14
CroatM3
2nd Gear Member

lol justin fukem up

D M W⤰
CroatM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 07:31 PM   #15
Justin e36
---

I will get my vengence. Stealing from cars, ripping off emblems etc are for the immature honda kids, chevrolet kids, neon kids, and sunfire kids. The BMW community has more respect than that---and you notice it at our meets compared to theirs. I'd say VW has meets similar to ours... but otherwise, compared to a Honda meet... over there it's so tense, like no one wants to talk to each other... (my brother has a 2000 SIR ... nicely modded, I've been to meets with him. Most ppls there hate one another... and god knows I've never EVER seen them cruise together...) at least we appreciate what time and work others put into their car. And we don't go ripping off other Bimmers.. especially ones where it's obvious the owner put some time and effort into. Always thought BMW had that bit of class to it... so that's why it frustrates me when this guy with his badly modded Prelude put on M3 mods... then stole a BMW carbon fibre emblem... he's going to put a BMW roundel on his Honda???

Quote:
Originally posted by CroatM3
lol justin fukem up

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: