Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Multimedia > Videos and Sound
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-04-2003, 03:44 AM   #16
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

yup exactly. when u switch from a 3.0L to 3.2L u have to use the OBD1 computer, which is the 3.0l to adapt to the OBD1 wiring harness, and just get the ECU chipped for more power, but giving proper specs for a 3.2L..which AA does when u get OBD1 conversions from them, with or without a turbo.

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|AFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 04:29 AM   #17
moerom
6th Gear Member

Nice!! That M3 is fast.

However, if that Supra was running a larger turbo, it would have been no contest. I've seen videos of SP71, SP74 Supras (only upgrades being fuel system, intercooler, AFC, necessary computer(s), intake, full exhaust) completely ruin a modded 911 Turbo like it was standing still!
moerom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 05:57 AM   #18
SUPERCHARGED
5th Gear Member

holy $h!t that car is fast.
Old 12-04-2003, 07:47 AM   #19
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tlaselva
Must've cost well over 100G's CA to built it ....
Nah, not for him. For the regular shmoes, then yes.
Old 12-04-2003, 11:27 AM   #20
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally posted by moerom
Nice!! That M3 is fast.

However, if that Supra was running a larger turbo, it would have been no contest. I've seen videos of SP71, SP74 Supras (only upgrades being fuel system, intercooler, AFC, necessary computer(s), intake, full exhaust) completely ruin a modded 911 Turbo like it was standing still!
i dunno moe...both cars being equal...700hp supra, vs say 700hp GT2 (or 760hp TT to make up for AWD loss)...i'd say GT2 kills it because of its aerodynamics. u can sit and drink a coffee while going that fast in a porsche lol

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|AFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Old 12-04-2003, 11:45 AM   #21
BlitzSix
6 Speed

Send a message via AIM to BlitzSix Send a message via MSN to BlitzSix
LOL you just contridicted yourself. Both cars being equal, but the Porsche has more HP to make up for blah blah, why not give the Supra some extra HP to make up for the weight etc ?

Anyways I'm not gonna comment on this, I have no clue what a 700hp Porsche and 700hp Supra will do..

But a Supra can put 1000 hp TO THE WHEELS if it's modded up, let's see a Porsche do that.
BlitzSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 01:29 PM   #22
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by BlitzSix

But a Supra can put 1000 hp TO THE WHEELS if it's modded up, let's see a Porsche do that.
No problem... I know of several Porsche's putting that kind of power down. In fact, there's a 993 Twin Turbo here in Toronto putting down 854HP TO ALL 4 WHEELS on a dyno. I got a ride in it.... sick sick sick! They clocked it with a electronic 5th wheel from 0 to 124mph (200km/h) in 6.9sec.

Quote:
Originally posted by E46_lover
yup exactly. when u switch from a 3.0L to 3.2L u have to use the OBD1 computer, which is......
Jon, you don't HAVE to switch to an OBD-1 setup... it's just a lot easier for tuning. Many large tuners in Europe that know Bosch's Motronic system are experienced enough to use OBD-2 software in every application.

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 01:47 PM   #23
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by mkgino
Nah, not for him. For the regular shmoes, then yes.
Yeah, lucky bastard.

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 02:23 PM   #24
moerom
6th Gear Member

I'd say both the 996/993TT engine(s) and the 2JZ are both big boys in terms of potential. Both are built to withstand crazy power. Yet, there is just something about the sound of the inline six 2JZ screaming with a huge turbo that gives me an erection.

Does anyone know what a 6spd Supra is geared to?

Last edited by moerom; 12-04-2003 at 02:26 PM.
moerom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 03:50 PM   #25
R_JAY
Has the world for ransom

Holy crap his car is SICK!
I love the way it spit fire out the exhaust on the first run.
R_JAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 03:56 PM   #26
R_JAY
Has the world for ransom

BTW sorry if this sounds stupid but I dont go to DTM so I don't know the story behind it but when I watched the players run Dado had just bought a blue M3. Did he sell it and get this one or did something happen to it?
R_JAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 08:44 PM   #27
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally posted by EMPOWERD
No problem... I know of several Porsche's putting that kind of power down. In fact, there's a 993 Twin Turbo here in Toronto putting down 854HP TO ALL 4 WHEELS on a dyno. I got a ride in it.... sick sick sick! They clocked it with a electronic 5th wheel from 0 to 124mph (200km/h) in 6.9sec.

Jon, you don't HAVE to switch to an OBD-1 setup... it's just a lot easier for tuning. Many large tuners in Europe that know Bosch's Motronic system are experienced enough to use OBD-2 software in every application.
but it is an OBD1 car...u would have to change everything else in the car, to keep it OBDII..it wont make sense to do that, otherwise its the same deal with ur E30....right?

BlitzSix..i added extra HP..because i meant engine power, normally u dont compare engine HP..u compare what is actually put down to the ground..and for the AWD system to put down the same HP as a RWD system, u need more power..so after calculating the the power to the wheels with both those cars (700x.15) and for the porsche (760x.15x2) i think thats the equation..get wat i mean though?

R_JAY this is the same one, just painted and with a 3.2L motor

Last edited by Jon@Bimmersport; 12-04-2003 at 08:50 PM.
Old 12-04-2003, 08:49 PM   #28
BlitzSix
6 Speed

Send a message via AIM to BlitzSix Send a message via MSN to BlitzSix
Yeah, Jon I get what you mean, but I don't think it's right...

Because, you do compare engine hp. The AWD sytem takes away the extra hp, well, that's one disadvantage of AWD, it doesn't mean the car should get more hp to compare them. AWD however has an obvious traction advanctage, which may make it come out on top.

That's like, saying that to have a EQUAL race between an AUTO Supra and a 6 speed Supra to see which is faster, is to give 700 hp to 6 speed and 750 to auto cause of the hp loss. And that's not fair because if you're comparing the 2 things, HP needs to be the same. (I know the auto will walk the 6 speed but it was just an example)
BlitzSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 08:53 PM   #29
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

the auto tranny has more friction loss? didnt know that.

anyways, i forgot a part of my explanation so i edited it in..basically i forgot to say my example wasnt of WHP...it was of crank HP...700awhp porsche is like 800ish hp at the crank, and 700rwhp for a supra is like 760hp at the crank..so the real way to compare is at the wheels, which i dont know who will win...supra or porsche..but i'd take the porsche anyday over the supra

Old 12-04-2003, 09:24 PM   #30
BladeRunner
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tlaselva
That's got to be one of the best E36's built.

Must've cost well over 100G's CA to built it ....
This E36 M3 is just as good
, as far as I know she still hasn't given us a vid of it in motion.
BladeRunner is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: