Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-27-2003, 10:19 PM   #1
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
Talking Killed NOS spraying punks!

As usual, I was coming home from dropping off my girl, and some punks blasting hiphop pull up beside me in their chrysler intrepid, (but it could have been an eagle vision as well). At the next light they started to rev their car hard, and then turned up the volume on their stereo to the point where my windows were rattling
I revved back, and smiled, then proceeded to destroy him right from the start. After beating him by several car lengths, I slowed down to let him catch up, except he blew by me like a mofo! Not letting him get away with that sh*t, I caught up to him (quickly), and at a rolling start this time we raced again. We went from 60km/h to 100km/h in no time, he was about 1 car length ahead (because he caught me off guard), but I quickly caught up beside him. I then suddenly heard a loud "PSssshHhhHHHhhHHhHhH" from the guy beside me, and I my heart jumped a beat (I swear!), but I just continued to floor the gas pedal, and he never caught up!
Since I was approaching my turn, I slowed down, figuring he might slow down too to say something, so I rolled down my window a bit. Like the punk asses they were though, they blasted by me at an incredibly high speed (I'm guessing to impress me, or something? )

'94 Supercharged E36 325is (150,000 original km's)
Mods
-Vortech V9 G-Trim @ ~10psi w/ BOV
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-TEIN SS Coilovers w/ Pillowball mounts
-Keskin KT1 17x8.5 & 17x10
-Remus full catback
-Authentic Rieger Infinity I body kit
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 01:11 AM   #2
SUPERCHARGED
5th Gear Member

Great Kill

A few weeks ago i also raced a guy with nos. he had a civic hatch, but the car looked striped. it had nothing, no exhaust, no seats, no rims. nothing. i didn't have the opportunity of having a supercharged car, like yourself. so i lost to the mofo with nos. but its nice to see that someone else can keepup with those cheaters.
Old 11-28-2003, 01:57 AM   #3
Rolled_Out
Just chillin...

haah sounds like what my buddy used to do when he was 18, drive around in his droptop C5 and just spray for no reason down hiway 7 lol.. filling that bottle up twice a week..and once and a while coming across someone who think they can smoke you.. then just spray em and laugh.. ah well those were the funny days!
Old 11-28-2003, 11:11 AM   #4
swizzbizz
1st Gear Newbie

@djcontra
Are you saying you know he was spraying because you heard it?

I've never seen a car using nitrous where you could tell just by the sound...
My latest (old) pics are here
(not that many left, I'll get some of the new look soon)
swizzbizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 12:44 PM   #5
E36pilot
1st Gear Newbie

HMM, normally the user has to purge the lines.....which makes a loud hissing noise. Remember the Skyline in F&F2? They had neons around the car so the mist was colored, however white seems to be the norm. Nice run dude!
E36pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 04:05 PM   #6
swizzbizz
1st Gear Newbie

You only purge the lines if you need 100% of the power from the biginning on - that's usually for the 1/4mile. The only reason you wanna purge is to fill the lines with liquid nitrous. Why would you wanna waste that nitrous and not use it when you're already in the middle of your race?
My latest (old) pics are here
(not that many left, I'll get some of the new look soon)
swizzbizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 10:35 PM   #7
mpower1226
6th Gear Member

I dont know any better, but but hwy7 I was racing with this e46 and all of sudden I heard this hissing sound and the guy squeak the tire in the middle of race and boom gone. I though that was the nitrous isnt it?
mpower1226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 11:02 PM   #8
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

i highly doubt he was using spray. I've used spray for years and know the in's and out's of the systems. First of all, you can't hear anything. A Purge valve is installed seperately with an optional solenoid to make sure the line is charged with proper pressure and nitrous mixture (when milliseconds count) is clean. You probably heard a tire go flat.

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 03:44 AM   #9
Bigbore
4th Gear Member

you cant be driving and hit the purge, never seen that done and there is no point, all the air is outta the line by then.

i work for chrysler, ive never heard of a turbo or supercharge kit either for a intrepid.
Old 11-29-2003, 04:20 AM   #10
E36pilot
1st Gear Newbie

LOL, I guess I didn't pay attention to the part where they were already running....would be kind dumb to purge while already in third gear huh. My bad
E36pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 05:29 AM   #11
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
See, this is why I think it might have been the Eagle Vision. Didn't those cars come with turbos? They were basically an intrepid tuned, and styled a bit by Mitsubishi for the eagle division.
I couldn't tell for myself because I was never behind the guy long enough to read anything
I have to say though, I've heard cars make a loud SHHHH sound when spraying nos, but they were using a dry system as well.

Mods
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-Remus full catback
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

Last edited by djcontra; 11-29-2003 at 05:32 AM.
Old 11-29-2003, 06:10 AM   #12
Bigbore
4th Gear Member

could be. like an air sucking sound... thats the only thing i can think of really.
Old 11-29-2003, 07:01 AM   #13
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by djcontra

I have to say though, I've heard cars make a loud SHHHH sound when spraying nos, but they were using a dry system as well.

Doesn't matter if it's a wet or dry system... Nitrous is completely silent.

The Eagle Vision had the same 214hp V6 as the Intrepid. They are quick cars for their time.

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 11:38 PM   #14
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

You're probably right Randy (you know a lot better than most of us here, but we're learning! )
Anyhoo, whatever was under the hood didn't sound naturally aspirated to me, but either way I WON, end of story

Mods
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-Remus full catback
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

Old 11-30-2003, 12:31 AM   #15
moerom
6th Gear Member

Basically if you have a good nose, you can tell if someone has sprayed by smelling the exhaust (which is hard if you are winning). It smells kinda like propane, with a sweet edge to it.
moerom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: