Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Audio/Sound
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-22-2002, 06:51 PM   #1
Furious
BMW again.

Dynomat

hey guys i decided to dynomat, my trunk,, and i noticed that when i did it it, helped quite abit,, now i still have a huge rattle behind my liecence plate,, where the lock mechanizim is,, what can i do to fix this,, its not the plate,,its behind it,, It is soo bad i had to face my subs forwards,, ,,,

oh ya i have 2 -12" JL W0's
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 09:34 AM   #2
tominizer
6th Gear Member

Spray expanding foam on the inside of the trunk.......... inside the car. that usually does the trick. If you are ever in need of deadening again, email me first. Our club has access to something very similar that works awesome and it costs a fraction of the price.........
tominizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2002, 12:01 PM   #3
Adriano
Who's your daddy now?

Send a message via MSN to Adriano
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Please!! Don't use expanding foam as above post. This will screw up your locking mechanism believe me I know. I have had 2 customers just this year with jammed locks. Stinger / Dynamat and Fosgate sell expensive but very good performing sound foam that doesn't expand. Just remove the upulstry clips on your trunk and spray some around the locking unit NOT ON IT. You might also want to shove some fiberglass insulation behind there too. I worked for me and I'm hitten 153 DB with 2 - 12" MTXs.
Good luck

Agent BMW trailer
Adriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2002, 11:00 PM   #4
Furious
BMW again.

thanks guys ill keep this in mind
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: