Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-24-2003, 05:56 PM   #31
FastM3
is dreaming of ///M's

Quote:
Originally posted by BMW_M52_M20
thanks, I think this is serious enough, I always know that he could have hit me temple or throat and could have killed me.......
Jay
That's exactly what you have to say in court!
FastM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 06:08 PM   #32
A~G
Car Payment Free

Send a message via MSN to A~G
Quote:
Originally posted by Miguel
I hate to say it but...

#1 - You hit him first right? anything after that is self defense, especially since you guys outnumber him.
wrong. The criminal code allows a person to use force for self defence. The rule is that a person can use only as much force as is necessary or "an equal amount"... for example if someone slaps you.. and you turn around and shoot him, that is still murder, not self defense.

just cuz Jay punched him... doesn't give him the right to pick up a weapon and nearly kill him. (just missing ur temple)

A~G

Man who run in front of car get tired.
Man who run behind car get exhausted.
A~G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 06:08 PM   #33
BMW_M52_M20
6th Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to BMW_M52_M20 Send a message via Yahoo to BMW_M52_M20
Yep, well it is so true.......If I was in a different position or on a different angle, I could have been dead....The doctors/nurses said I was a very very lucky guy.....

Present: 1997 Jetta GLX VR6
2004 325iT (E46) (pops)
BMW_M52_M20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 06:10 PM   #34
BMW_M52_M20
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by G~G
wrong. The criminal code allows a person to use force for self defence. The rule is that a person can use only as much force as is necessary or "an equal amount"... for example if someone slaps you.. and you turn around and shoot him, that is still murder, not self defense.

just cuz Jay punched him... doesn't give him the right to pick up a weapon and nearly kill him. (just missing ur temple)
And note too, he threw the first one, I expressed very clearly to him I did not want to fight over this, he wouldn't calm down so he needed to be restrained and puching him was the only physical way I could get him to settle down.

2004 325iT (E46) (pops)
Old 11-24-2003, 06:12 PM   #35
greekthang
6th Gear Member

Over a peanut?!?!?!? . Holy shit. If that was the case I would have crushed him so he couldn't get back up and throw nothing.
Old 11-24-2003, 06:15 PM   #36
BMW_M52_M20
6th Gear Member

Yep, over a peanut..........It sounds crazy, it is crazy, but I never ever fight and have no reason to start and altercation, this guy was out of his mind.....
Jay

2004 325iT (E46) (pops)
Old 11-24-2003, 06:24 PM   #37
greekthang
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BMW_M52_M20
Yep, over a peanut..........It sounds crazy, it is crazy, but I never ever fight and have no reason to start and altercation, this guy was out of his mind.....
Jay
Trust me pal I never fight as well. Fought twice in my life and trust me when i was done with them ambulance had to be called. i am scared shittlest to fight now because of the fear of killing a person. Your not at fault on this and I am so sorry shit happend this way but if you do require a plastic surgeon I know this amazing guy that my brother worked for. Painted his house for him. He is the man. Name is Dr. Conrad. Yonge and Major Mackenzine is where his office is. He is the man pal trust me. He does nose job alot but I am sure if he cant help you then he can refer you to the best. Sue this cocksuckers ass for every penny.
Old 11-24-2003, 07:04 PM   #38
Jase
twisted beyond reason

Send a message via MSN to Jase
Man sorry to hear that. I lived in kingston for a year ..shit like that happens alot . Going after him for some $$ will remind him and anyone else he knows that it is not ok to pick up a weapon.As far as who is going to pay?. If you win a suit any monies he recieves work or otherwise will be up for grabs. For up to 20 years unless he goes bankrupt.But i don't think you would stand to get much more than it would cost to pay a lawyer to sue.
Jase
Jase
Old 11-24-2003, 07:41 PM   #39
BlitzSix
6 Speed

Send a message via AIM to BlitzSix Send a message via MSN to BlitzSix
First of all, Jay good luck with your law suit and everything, sorry to hear what happened.

Second, duffy325, sorry about that, I thought you were just implying that you can spill coffe on yourself and sue anyone in the US, not that it was just easier to win for emotional damages...I'm about to send you a PM as well.

Pasta the genious chimed in and thinks he knows the story as well. That some stupid woman spilled it and sued for a lot of money. Which is not true, if you actually research something before assuming you know about it and start talking out of your ass, you will see that you're incorrect...

Since you seem to be so sure that all there is to the story is some woman spilling coffee, let me show you something:

"A vascular surgeon determined that Liebeck suffered full
thickness burns (or third-degree burns) over 6 percent of her body,
including her inner thighs, perineum, buttocks, and genital and groin
areas. She was hospitalized for eight days, during which time she
underwent skin grafting. Liebeck, who also underwent debridement
treatments, sought to settle her claim for $20,000, but McDonalds
refused."

Also during this case they found out that ~700 people were burnt due to McDonald's coffee, many of them 3rd degree as well (so "McDonalds' had knowledge about the extent and nature of
this hazard.") They also found out they searved their coffee between 180 and 190 degrees F, normal home coffee makers are about 135-140. One of the McDonald's people testified that they knew about the high temp. but they still wanted it to be around 185 degree's. And at that temp human skin burns (to a 3rd degree burn) in 2-7 seconds but if it were served at 155 chances are she would have not got burned.... well as bad.

Sum it up, they didn't award her because she was dumb and spilled, they awarded her because McDonald's knew that the coffee was too hot, they knew the damage it could do, had 700 reported cases of it burning people and still refused to change.

Puts that into perpective doesn't is Pasta?

PS. Sorry for going off topic
BlitzSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 01:39 AM   #40
BMW_M52_M20
6th Gear Member

Well, I went to see one of the best Plastic Surgeons (in Canada) in Yorkville today at his practice (SpaMedica) and he said he wouldn't know anything really for about 5 - 10 days to see what he may have to do.......Regardless is will never fully heal for two years and I will be left with a scar but he will make it as least noticable as possible if treatment is needed. He said it all depends on the way I heal from tissue injuries and I have never had surgery so I don't know. I know I heal well from small cuts.......I have an appointment with him next tuesday.......
Regardless of a civil suit if I file one or not, I may take him to small claims court.... I have had to pay for some bacterial antibiotics and possibly a CAT scan if it isn't covered by OHIP.......
Thanks for the help guys
Jay

2004 325iT (E46) (pops)
Old 11-25-2003, 01:47 AM   #41
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

HOLLLLLLLLLLY crap jay! that looks serious...small claims? u almost got killed man..take him to judge judy..ok, all jokes aside...if i were u..i'd take him for anything, and everything.

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 01:55 AM   #42
BMW_M52_M20
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by E46_lover
HOLLLLLLLLLLY crap jay! that looks serious...small claims? u almost got killed man..take him to judge judy..ok, all jokes aside...if i were u..i'd take him for anything, and everything.
LoL

I still have to consult with a lawyer (tomorrow) to see if this is worth pursuing, but the general ideas I have heard from friends is that it isn't worth it.......Regardless, he has been charged and will have that on his record......That will screw him over in the future for jobs and such.......
I don't know, I hadn't been to Kingston in 5 years and it didn't suprise me that something like this happened......It's a bit shady there........

Oh well, as long as I don look like this: forever.....
Jay

2004 325iT (E46) (pops)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: