Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-24-2003, 03:37 AM   #16
niko_gt
6th Gear Member

its a scar on ur face for life man, u can get like 20-40 g's for that

sorry to hear that tho man. i guess thats why u never came by my work on saturday.. lol

hope things work out
Old 11-24-2003, 04:18 AM   #17
Mitch555
Retired MaXmember!

Too many people out there that think they're a hero like Soldo said. Hope you get better soon.

You've got yourself a case by the sounds of it.

MY ENGINE SWAP: HERE!

Life Is A Tough Teacher, It Gives You The Test Then The Lesson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal
just do it once, do it right.
Mitch555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 04:25 AM   #18
chanh
3rd Gear Member

Btw, how could u have not seen someone pick up a shovel??? The thing is huge!
chanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 04:25 AM   #19
A~G
Car Payment Free

Send a message via MSN to A~G
CHICKS DIG SCARS

thats all thats important. Oh yeah.. i won't bother asking u if ur "okay" since u obviously are... u DID POST THIS RIGHT?!?!

A~G

Man who run in front of car get tired.
Man who run behind car get exhausted.
A~G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 02:25 PM   #20
duffy325
4th Gear Member

Blitzsix, Im not sure what you are referring to but I gave that example as a situation when you can sue for what is known as punitive damages, which is an additional amount someone can recieve in an incident which is designed to discourage the act from happening again.
It can be awarded on the basis of emotional damages or the like, but in Canada this is not used in the same way as the united states. In a lot of Canadian law suits you can only sue for quantitative damages, such as loss of income or things of that sort, rather than the emotional damage that occured from the incident.
In the united states you can sue for the qualitative damages that occur with much greater ease.
I dont know the whole mcdonalds cofee incident, but it was the only one i could think of for an example where a person sued for damages in a large amount based upon the emotional and what not effects of the incident.
I am sorry if i offended you and i hope this makes what i was trying to say more clear.
Old 11-24-2003, 02:46 PM   #21
FastM3
is dreaming of ///M's

Quote:
Originally posted by BlitzSix
Yeah buddy, I'm sure you know all about that incident. I love these people who know like 1% of the whole story and start using it as if they know it perfectly.

It's not that hard to understand that story....
FastM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 04:04 PM   #22
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to Mؤ
Shit, thats serious. What the hell was that freak thinking, throwing a shovel. He wasnt man enough to use his bare hands, what a dick. But now you have a scar, it will change ur life now, People will call u the famous "Scarface" Tony Montana. Lol. I hope you recover well. And if u can get pics that would be awsome. and as for suing, If you can get the large cash, Do it, TAKE ACTION dont just let this opportunity pass you by. Goodluck man,
Take care.
Mؤ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 04:07 PM   #23
BMW_M52_M20
6th Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to BMW_M52_M20 Send a message via Yahoo to BMW_M52_M20
Hey thanks guys for the kind words.....I can assure you, I do not fight, I am a fun easy going drunk, this guy had a real problem.

Just to clarify he did pick up a 3 or 4 ft shovel and lauched it with the metal edge of the bottom of the shovel at my head........
I will take pictures of my face when my dad gets back from the office because he has the digi camera.......
My whole right eye is filled with blood where the white is suppose to be, looks really weird. A blood vessel burst from the trauma to the area around my eye.......Had it looked at and it will go away in two weeks.......

As for suing him, I am meeting with a lawer tommorrow to review my options for a civil suit. I talked to the responding officer who was there that night and charges are being filed with the ass pipe........
As for the guy, he is in hospital still with a broken jaw, his eyes are swollen shut, 3 missing teeth, a split lip and some other stuff..... No one else is getting charged in the matter, just the guy who threw the shovel at my head.

Just goes to show you how nuts some people are, when they did blood tests on him, he had a high amount of alcohol and he had marijuana in his system.
I will post pics later.

Present: 1997 Jetta GLX VR6
2004 325iT (E46) (pops)
BMW_M52_M20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 04:10 PM   #24
BMW_M52_M20
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by chanh
Btw, how could u have not seen someone pick up a shovel??? The thing is huge!
A) I was intoxicated
B) He was up on a porch by his door and I was on the lot talking to one of the guys roomates, and by the time I had looked up all I heard was "Jay!!! Watch......." and then it hit me, to be honest I had so much adrenaline going I didn't feel the impact, just the blood gushing from my face and then I collapsed on the sidewalk.
Jay

2004 325iT (E46) (pops)
Old 11-24-2003, 04:27 PM   #25
BMW_M52_M20
6th Gear Member

Pic is up, found the digi...........
And no that is not a photoshop of the blood in my eye.......
Sorry, my hair and everything, I look like hell
Jay
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bashed1.jpg (60.1 KB, 85 views)

2004 325iT (E46) (pops)
Old 11-24-2003, 04:32 PM   #26
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to Mؤ
Shit dude, thats bad, he was really close to your eye. Thank god eh! No blindness, knock on wood. But dont worry ur hair looks good Lol
Mؤ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 04:36 PM   #27
Miguel
...Delt Smash

I hate to say it but...

#1 - You hit him first right? anything after that is self defense, especially since you guys outnumber him.
#2 - Lawyer will ask for a nice sum up front.
#3 - say you win a bajillion dollars... who will pay you? does this guy look like a millionaire?

What you gotta look at:
#1 - Who owns the house that this happened at? does he rent it or own? if he rents, the house owner (and his insurance company) may be liable.
#2 - compensation for the work you will miss since you are going to take time off (you can seek damages for the $$$ you would've earned, this you will almost certainly get)
#3 - Emotional damages for a scared face (tough to get but very possible in your situation)
#4 - Will plastic surgery be covered under your benefits? OHIP? or your pocket? figure that one out and sue him for the surgery fees... could be in excess of $20,000 for multiple surgeries.

PS: take as many pics as possible, and try to get a copy of the full police report. See if they made him sound like the bad guy in all this.
Old 11-24-2003, 05:23 PM   #28
BMW_M52_M20
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Miguel
I hate to say it but...

#1 - You hit him first right? anything after that is self defense, especially since you guys outnumber him.
#2 - Lawyer will ask for a nice sum up front.
#3 - say you win a bajillion dollars... who will pay you? does this guy look like a millionaire?

PS: take as many pics as possible, and try to get a copy of the full police report. See if they made him sound like the bad guy in all this.
A) He attacked me and hit me first, he spazed over a peanut.
B) I have two witnesses that do not know me personally that saw the fight from the beginning.
C) The two police officers that showed have sided with me.
D) This guy was assaulted after he threw the shovel at me, I had to hit him, to get him out of my face, I said I didn't want to fight......
E) The guy threw the shovel after the altercation was over and used it as a deadly weapon or a weapon to cause serious bodily injury.

I am not looking at this as a way of making money, but compensation for this situation I think is just.
Jay

2004 325iT (E46) (pops)
Old 11-24-2003, 05:27 PM   #29
AMG_POWER
500HP Member

yo jay, i'd take the compensation and i'd put his ass in jail!!!! Glad u r ok!

Sue his ass!!!!
AMG_POWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 05:50 PM   #30
BMW_M52_M20
6th Gear Member

thanks, I think this is serious enough, I always know that he could have hit me temple or throat and could have killed me.......
Jay

2004 325iT (E46) (pops)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: