Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-23-2003, 10:01 PM   #1
BMW_M52_M20
6th Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to BMW_M52_M20 Send a message via Yahoo to BMW_M52_M20
Fight in Kingston last night.......

Well, my buddies and I were walking home from the bar, and we had some peanuts from the bar so we had a few and were eating them while we walked....I threw a shell in the air and it landed on this guys front porch.......The owner of the house (a student) said "What the F*&^ was that??? Your F^%&ing dead!" So there was five of us and one of him (he must have been on some serious drugs)......Anyways, I was just restraining him and telling him to chill out over an accident........He continued to be a pain, so I hit him in the jaw and he fell to the ground.......

By this time he had calmed down (or so I thought) and I was talking with his roomates and explaing the situation........Next thing I know, this guy who tried to assault me picks up a Metal Shovel and throws it like a spear and the blade hits me in the face..........Needless to say I went down, bleeding heavily......I have a gash from my nose right up to my eye and needed 12 sitches.......
My buddies jumped him and supposidly I broke his Jaw when I hit him and my buddies just dropped kicked him and wailed on him..........

I went to the hospital and I will have a scar on my face for the rest of my life even with plastic surgery........
The shovel was 1/2inch away from blinding me in my right eye, or it could have hit my temple and killed me or my neck........
Just awful, over a peanut..........The cops were called and said they were charging him even if I didn't want to because he used a weapon and the scenario of the story.........
Do you think I am entitled to sue this guy for this scar being on my face for the rest of my life? Not to mention he obviously wanted to enflict serious bodily harm.....
He got the worst of it, he is still in hospital.....I left this morning from Kingston.....
All the cops, by standers are all on my side, because there was quite a big crowd......
Thanks

Present: 1997 Jetta GLX VR6
2004 325iT (E46) (pops)
BMW_M52_M20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 10:04 PM   #2
SpoolinS6
6th Gear Member

holy shit man are you ok ??
i hope u can sue that mother fuker he deserves it if u can do it !
SpoolinS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 10:48 PM   #3
chanh
3rd Gear Member

If u dont mind can u post pics of your face ?
chanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 10:53 PM   #4
biotek
5th Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to biotek
Holy shit

One of thoughs crazy nights, ive had a few of them myself

Hope everything turns out ok

-Jay
biotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 11:04 PM   #5
FastM3
is dreaming of ///M's

Ya let's see some pics if you dont mind...
if it thats big of a scar and noticable then I would sue.
FastM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 11:12 PM   #6
mkgino
6th Gear Member

You should always avoid fighting at all costs. It is never worth it.
Old 11-23-2003, 11:25 PM   #7
Soldo
6th Gear Member

DAMN!
you alright man, ya like MK said, avoid fighting, its totally pointless!
And over something so small like a PEANUT!!
Some people are FACKKKKED!
I just hope he got it a LOT worse, i hope he can never talk again from the broken jaw so he knows how it feels!
Again, i hope your okay, sue the bitch, it pisses me off when people get all drunk off HERO BEER and start gettin tough!

PS. On the bright side................a SCAR is good with the ladies!!!
HAPPY PIMPIN, and hope your alright!
Old 11-24-2003, 12:16 AM   #8
Sunapollo
3rd Gear Member

Sorry to hear that

Sue him !! He has to be responsible for his behaviour !!
What if he didnt throw the shovel and shoot you with a gun instead ??? gotta teach him a lesson !!
Sunapollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 12:19 AM   #9
sirex
King Sirex

man i dont get it.. why do people get all crazy when they get drunk.. man when im drunk im all about the love and the peace, and the friendlyness.... people suck.
Old 11-24-2003, 12:24 AM   #10
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
Holy shit, I really hope you're OK! It really sucks that it came to this. Now whenever someone asks what that scar is on your face, you'd say, "I got stabbed with a shovel" and watch their reaction!

You should definetely sue him...It looks like you didn't do anything wrong, you threw a peanut shell on his porch??

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 12:28 AM   #11
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

glad to hear it didnt blind, OR kill u jay!

sue the hell outta him..then buy E46 M3 lol jk..in all seriousness..i'd sue him, for the most money i can..if u got money, and want an EXTREMELY good lawyer...James from Teckademics (guy with silver AA turbo M3 from bimmercruize) is a lawyer, and worked on cases for huge companies like exxon etc...

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 01:14 AM   #12
duffy325
4th Gear Member

Just so you are aware BMW_M52_M20, in Canada it is difficult to sue for emotional damages (unlike US, {mcdonalds coffee incident}) but you may be able to sue for any medical fees. Likely it wont be worthwile however becuase most lawyers will charge ~ 200 dollars an hour, or take a large portion of the settlement. In the long run its not worth it.
It really sucks what happened to you and I wish you the best.
Old 11-24-2003, 01:15 AM   #13
Kal
maxRealtor

Send a message via MSN to Kal
I wouldn't get to excited about suing ... it won't work ... the guy is going to say that it was all in self defense and u can come up with as many witnesses as u want and have whoever u want on ur side ... but when push comes to shove .... no officers will show up for ur legal claim, and good luck getting innocent bistanders to testify ... any good lawyer can bury witnesses when they're on the stand

plus, its too much hassle and MONEY to sue ... beyond that, if the judge finds him innocent (in criminal court) ur going to have a hard time winning at claims court (even though its possible)

my advice to u is, if u really feel that u can beat the case, then go for it ... a good laywer will take close to 30% of what ur suing for so u have to see if it's really worth the trouble ... plus large claims can take years

Kal

p.s. i speak from experience (except i was the guy they tried to sue)
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 02:27 AM   #14
BlitzSix
6 Speed

Send a message via AIM to BlitzSix Send a message via MSN to BlitzSix
Quote:
Originally posted by duffy325
(unlike US, {mcdonalds coffee incident})
Yeah buddy, I'm sure you know all about that incident. I love these people who know like 1% of the whole story and start using it as if they know it perfectly.

BlitzSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 02:30 AM   #15
ryee
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to ryee Send a message via AIM to ryee
was this at Queens? if so, around where?
ryee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: