Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-25-2003, 10:48 AM   #61
notjoe
600rwhp here i come

Send a message via ICQ to notjoe
Quote:
Originally posted by R_JAY
Holy crap man sorry to hear this happened. I really hope now you're thinking more along the lines of "thank god I didn't get killed" than you're thinking about when you're gonna drive again. Good luck when you go to court man and hopefully your lawyer can cut a good deal for you.
Screw him, i would be thinking "Thank god i didnt kill anyone". I know when i smacked up my car last year on the high way i wasnt thinking thank god i didnt kill myself but instead i was thinking "Thank god i didnt kill my GF or anyone else on the road". I learned my lesson though..

1) When winter comes put those winter tires on early!
2) It probably isnt the best idea to take the onramp from the 427 to the 401 at 120 when it is spitting ice out (i didnt know it was hailing until after it happened) while you have your summer tires on

Since then i've been 100% more careful than what i was.
notjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 03:42 PM   #62
Mikester
7th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Mikester
ok so are you selling the tv+dvd player? i just got money and im gonna spend it by next week, so tell me asap
Mikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 04:10 PM   #63
M3Turboca
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to M3Turboca
I just read this post and man Shamis I can tell you that it does not look too good for you. Sorry

I do some work with insurance adjuster and let me tell you first you will not be able to get insurance with another new companies for now.

Most company have stop writing any new policy for the year. By law they have to write x amount and then that it for new customers. Exisiting they will.

Your existing insurance they will have two options to cancel you after your policy has expired reffering to you as a bad risk they have the right to.

If they decide to keep you better believe that they will be charging you al least close to $8-$10,000 per year especially if you are under 25.

Most likely they will chose the option not to renew.

In reguards your insurance will go up even if you did not make that claim the other drivers will and will be in contact with your insurance company. They all talk to each other and share data)

Once you are in a accident and it involves other cars and there is serious damage the cops will lay the careless driving especially if road conditions were good.

You say that the audi was damaged bad that means you were doing above the speed limit and the cops once they see you are young being pricks they are will try it make it difficult for ya.

I used to be young and drove hard but luckily I did not get in accident just lots of speeding tickets but back then in the 80's the insurance was not affected like now 2 ticket no matter what your rating goes down.

Speaking from expereince I used to speed and think that I was a much better driver than those older folks that is from being young and thinking like that. But trust me being older now Ha Ha) Im a much better driver definately more mature when it comes to handling a car when I need to. I need to especially the power Im running.

Dont get me wrong I still speed and drive hard at time if roads are clear but not carelessly. But most of the times I dont. Too many damm cops out with laser.

Back then the insurance did not pull your driving record often, only when you got a new car or new policy. Today now it seems that they pull your driving record every two years to see how much ticket you have and then adjust the rates. Definately on every new policy or new car they do.

Last edited by M3Turboca; 11-29-2003 at 04:14 PM.
M3Turboca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 04:14 PM   #64
Jim .E.
E90 n00b

Shamis...that happened to me...here's the situation...your insurance is gonna go up, like burtally (mine went from 1200 to 5000) and your insurance company may cancel your insurance policy (if your insured with those faggots at ING)

this is all considering if you go to court fight your ticket and get charged with "failure to avoid a collision" which is 2 demerit points instead of the 6 that your most likely getting penalized for

this is taking into account that you dont get ****ed over the careless driving ticket...all my insurance policies got canceled cuz of it, and even when it got dropped they still didnt insure me...but RBC somehow insured us
Old 11-29-2003, 04:16 PM   #65
Jim .E.
E90 n00b

Quote:
Originally posted by Shamis
i use chubb does anyone know about chubbs policies??

Iam using the same laywer that got my 89 in a 40 ticket reduced to 69 in a 40 i hope i can get this reduced

careless driving is 5 pts right???

And ya i also lost my girlfriend today too. So i lost my 2 special babies in one weekend. I am really really distrought right now
.........sorry but its 6 points bud

btw guys insurance is dropping by 10% as of January 23,2004 i heard on the radio my insurance is going down cuz of this, my G-license that hopefully i'll get in january plus my driving school certificate that i still have to show my insurance company...WOOOHOOOO DISCOUNT!

sorry got caught in the moment

Last edited by Jim .E.; 11-29-2003 at 04:19 PM.
Jim .E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 04:32 PM   #66
HIM
5th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to HIM Send a message via MSN to HIM
your driving school certificate doesn't do anything after you get your G... thats what an insurance company told me

Erwin Lee
HIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 04:45 PM   #67
M3Turboca
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to M3Turboca
Shamis sorry to hear about your g friend but what happend was it from the accident ??
Old 11-29-2003, 04:52 PM   #68
328power
GAS GUZZLER !!

Quote:
Originally posted by Shamis
im in university now and i got exams next... i wrecked my car and a brand new audi with it, i lost my girl (which was the only thing keeping me going during hard times) .. my grandmother died not long ago, im financially strapped down to 5$ to my name, i jsut got a new job that takes a 20 min drive to now im screwed for it, what else can go wrong???

Im seriously ****ed right now. Ive never felt any type of pains liek this before. If i was any weaker id be suicidal right now.

MY LIFE SUCKS, I HATE THE WORLD, WTF DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS ALL AT ONCE???
I feel for you man.... I had problems SO I HAD TO GET RID OF MY BIMMA ....Drive something not so great for a couple years and when your money starts pieling up ...get your next bimmer...

Im driving an ALtima right now and it SUCKS compared to my bimmer but hopefully after a couple TROUBLE FREE years ill have a 330i on my driveway instead of an altima
Old 11-29-2003, 06:05 PM   #69
MorningCruiser
6th Gear Member

Wow, your insurance is CHEAP! However, I'm 17 :/ And I live in Calgary, so it sucks. My insurance company quoted me $9200/year on a 95 M3. No accidents, no tickets. How lame is that? Then again, I need another insurance company anyways, because these ones have a retarded policy on vandalism. If the police don't catch the vandals within a month, then they'll shell out to have the damages fixed. So I was without a drivable car for a month. :/ I hate insurance. It's a conspiracy, I swear.

Best of luck on your insurance though. In my opinion, I'd wait the five years that it takes your license to clear.
MorningCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 07:57 PM   #70
HIM
5th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to HIM Send a message via MSN to HIM
Thats not bad considering its a M3, year of the car hardly makes any difference on insurance given that its within a decade of the current year, atleast that what I've found to be the case. New WRX would cost me $7500-$8000 on insurance when I was 17. Insurance in toronto is nowhere near "cheap"....

Erwin Lee
HIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 08:07 PM   #71
Jim .E.
E90 n00b

Quote:
Originally posted by HIM
your driving school certificate doesn't do anything after you get your G... thats what an insurance company told me
meh the 10% initial drop as of 01/23/04 and getting my G license is good enough for me, heck even the 10% is great considering how f*cked up my insurance is

Quote:
Wow, your insurance is CHEAP! However, I'm 17 :/ And I live in Calgary, so it sucks. My insurance company quoted me $9200/year on a 95 M3. No accidents, no tickets. How lame is that? Then again, I need another insurance company anyways, because these ones have a retarded policy on vandalism. If the police don't catch the vandals within a month, then they'll shell out to have the damages fixed. So I was without a drivable car for a month. :/ I hate insurance. It's a conspiracy, I swear.
have you guys considered being secondary drivers or even third? cuz theres no way your paying 9200 as a secondary if you are your getting ripped off and practically raped!

kanetix.com this site gives free online insurance quotes for major insurance companies
hope this helps some of you out
www.kanetix.com

Last edited by Jim .E.; 11-29-2003 at 08:10 PM.
Jim .E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 08:17 PM   #72
d12
3rd Gear Member

ya insurance is a ****ing scam, i'm paying like $500/month with no accidents and like 3 tickets... bullshit
d12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 10:24 PM   #73
Shamis
6th Gear Member

Unhappy

**tears**Tears**

Shamis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 10:25 PM   #74
Jim .E.
E90 n00b

shamis we all warned you about your driving and how that car was nothing but bad luck...cars can be replaced jus be glad your ok
Old 11-29-2003, 10:46 PM   #75
SpudBoy
Couped up

Send a message via ICQ to SpudBoy
Driving School PERIOD.

SpudBoy
'99 M Coupe - Imola/Imola
Signature Pictures by Alezone

original BMW parts

To mod or not to mod? That is the question
SpudBoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread