Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-27-2003, 09:28 PM   #31
\/\/eapon
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by G~G
So... can anyone explain these "TYPE R" and "SPOON" engines to me...??? I know their amazing... from experiance. I drove both about 2 years ago...

.... playing GT2
SPOON engines are not fast for dragging! they are endurance engines, not worth 10,000 bucks for one in my opinion.
\/\/eapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2003, 09:34 PM   #32
A~G
Car Payment Free

Send a message via MSN to A~G
Quote:
Originally posted by \/\/eapon
SPOON engines are not fast for dragging! they are endurance engines, not worth 10,000 bucks for one in my opinion.
+TYPE R???

A~G

Man who run in front of car get tired.
Man who run behind car get exhausted.
A~G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 12:36 AM   #33
E36pilot
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
even though you think its a rare swap its not. its more and more popular now, if you go on trader.ca you can usually find atleast a couple every week.

the H22A has 220 hp , 220 hp in a civic is alot, these things can run high 11's.
The reason I say rare is it's foolish. The drive shafts etc have to be swapped for one and for two it's a bigger block with ALL aluminum sleeves so you ain't doing SQUAT with that which is precisely why MOST do not waste their time with it. Aluminum isn't going to like the forced induction as the Bseries have sleeves in them, which should be replaced anyhow (Darton/Bensen). I have personally enjoyed kicking that ass for the fools who chose that route with my old homemade $1,000.00 turbo boosted 91, which didn't require a new motor or shafts. I'm not going to get into a pissing contest about Japanese speed, but I hang at the dragstrip and have built a number of these cars/motors and I have news for you, there is ABSOLUTELY no way in HELL that runs high elevens even with the wind in his direction and 100 shot of Nitros. My guys rock built Supras, RX7s and have guys flown in across the country to tune em and guess what no high elevens there either. A High end HATCHBACK civic with FMAX, Greddy, Blitz intercoolers etc running 10PSI run low 13's....which is VERY respectable. That swap and that time is inaccurate, just the way it is. As I said there is a fella right here who Dynos 396WHP and has roughly 17K in his B18B and runs 11.7 on slicks and high 12's with his street tires and he's apaying Nitros on his intercooler too. If a $2,000.00 H22A would do the same I'm sure everybody would be doing it...wouldn't you agree. Man high elevens would own a 3.6 twin turbo 911 that costs 150K!!!!! CYA!
E36pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 12:50 AM   #34
E36pilot
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:

I'm not sure what you are looking for, but here is a link with some specs for you. The type R you are interested in is a N/A motor with high sompression, the cams in that motor are highly sought after as well as the head/motor in general. It has the "V-Tec" head you hear people talk about. These motors are impressive, with polished this and that and upgraded sleeves, rods, pistons, injectors, cams, Fuel pump, intake, turbo, valve springs/retainers, Quaiffe LSD these things can rev up around 9,000-10,000 RPM's. Those RPM's combined with a T3/T4 hybrid Turbo can produce 400WHP as a daily driver good for aover 50,000 miles. I had several quotes put together in the Chicagoland area and a build of this kind goes for arounf 10 grand. I decided to build my own and ended up with roughly 6 grand into although the specs varied and I picked up parts from swap meets and Ebay used. Hope this sheds a little light on the subject. I am now a N/A BMW guy, but not for long....my Integra is outta here and if all goes well we will be pushing 355 at the wheels this summer compliments of Dinan!

http://www.angelfire.com/az3/hondawagon/B16Aspecs.html
E36pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 03:33 AM   #35
Bigbore
4th Gear Member

this is kinda late. but anyway..

ive seen personally , a built integra typeR with a 50shot, lose to a JDMH22 civic with a spoon computer and a flywheel. Apparently that built R motor ran a 13.2 without the 50shot.

I`d still take any bmw OR a modded golf over that but hey thats me.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: