Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-21-2003, 12:50 PM   #1
greekthang
6th Gear Member
 
greekthang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: jomama
Posts: 2,653
Angry PAnasonic GD88 cell phone



Hey guys as you know I picked up my phone and it is sweet. I was wondering one thing though. I fully charged the phone for 24 hours when I got it and I made about 20 minutes worth of calls and I took about 20 pictures in total and inputed my names and numbers in my phone book and my battery died within one day. WTF ?? I know Mikester has the same phone I was wondering what his battery life is. Please let me know guys. I have already complained to Rogers about this and I am fuming.
__________________
Its all about rolling in the X5 !!!
greekthang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 12:53 PM   #2
mkgino
6th Gear Member
 
mkgino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,686
I find that a new phone dies quicker usually when you first get it, but after a week it should be up to its full battery life. So I wouldnt worry about that. If it does it in like a month then get upset
__________________
mkgino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 12:56 PM   #3
greekthang
6th Gear Member
 
greekthang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: jomama
Posts: 2,653
thanks mkgino I just found it very weird that it dies so quick considering its a new battery. At least it better be.
__________________
Its all about rolling in the X5 !!!
greekthang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 01:02 PM   #4
mkgino
6th Gear Member
 
mkgino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,686
Quote:
Originally posted by greekthang
thanks mkgino I just found it very weird that it dies so quick considering its a new battery. At least it better be.
Ya, if its like that in like a 3 weeks to a month then get upset. I remember that the last 2 cell phones I have had, I noticed this too. I thought the same thing, that the battery life sucks, but it got longer with more use. Others member can prolly confirm this
__________________
mkgino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 01:16 PM   #5
WASABI
OG
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Mavis
Posts: 3,222
Yeap, I can confirm that too. My cell was doing that the first couple weeks I had it. My "cell rep" buddies mentioned that these batteries have to be cycled from full charge to fully drained a few times initially. It's pretty good now.

Mk: hows the HM2 hunt going?
WASABI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 01:18 PM   #6
mkgino
6th Gear Member
 
mkgino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,686
Quote:
Originally posted by WASABI
Yeap, I can confirm that too. My cell was doing that the first couple weeks I had it. My "cell rep" buddies mentioned that these batteries have to be cycled from full charge to fully drained a few times initially. It's pretty good now.

Mk: hows the HM2 hunt going?
Um non existent, seeing as how I have no money and no car here. So it would be pointless to buy rims for a car I dont drive.
__________________
mkgino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 01:21 PM   #7
greekthang
6th Gear Member
 
greekthang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: jomama
Posts: 2,653
Thanks boys
__________________
Its all about rolling in the X5 !!!
greekthang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 01:25 PM   #8
WASABI
OG
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Mavis
Posts: 3,222
Quote:
Originally posted by mkgino
Um non existent, seeing as how I have no money and no car here. So it would be pointless to buy rims for a car I dont drive.
ah shyte, so why not sell the car? then when you're done... get another one ... by then you can probably get any car you want.
WASABI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 05:41 PM   #9
A~G
Car Payment Free
 
A~G's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,581
Send a message via MSN to A~G
yeah.. .my phone died fast.. i was like WTF,,, but dun worry about it.

+color screen and pics will also play a role in draining ur battery
__________________



A~G

Man who run in front of car get tired.
Man who run behind car get exhausted.
A~G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 05:55 PM   #10
greekthang
6th Gear Member
 
greekthang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: jomama
Posts: 2,653
Quote:
Originally posted by G~G
yeah.. .my phone died fast.. i was like WTF,,, but dun worry about it.

+color screen and pics will also play a role in draining ur battery
But please tell me it dosen't die that fast all the time G~G
__________________
Its all about rolling in the X5 !!!
greekthang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 06:00 PM   #11
A~G
Car Payment Free
 
A~G's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,581
Send a message via MSN to A~G
no. after about 3 charges it seems okay. If not, go and complain. + u probably went picture crazy cuz u wanna try out the option. remember that taking pics kills the batterylife.

basically
1)battery life will get better, give it a week or two
2)taking pics+color screen will definately kill the battery faster
3)consider an "extended life" battery if u plan to take many pics

i know its an amazing phone, but the whole camera technology is pretty new (only about 1or2 years old) so it definately has some drawback.

dun worry. itll get better
__________________



A~G

Man who run in front of car get tired.
Man who run behind car get exhausted.
A~G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 06:34 PM   #12
greekthang
6th Gear Member
 
greekthang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: jomama
Posts: 2,653
Quote:
Originally posted by G~G
no. after about 3 charges it seems okay. If not, go and complain. + u probably went picture crazy cuz u wanna try out the option. remember that taking pics kills the batterylife.

basically
1)battery life will get better, give it a week or two
2)taking pics+color screen will definately kill the battery faster
3)consider an "extended life" battery if u plan to take many pics

i know its an amazing phone, but the whole camera technology is pretty new (only about 1or2 years old) so it definately has some drawback.

dun worry. itll get better
Yeah I took about 20 or so pictures but I guess that would drain the battery pretty fast. I am new to this colour phone and pictures crap so i have no idea but I hope it gets better. People at rogers are scared shitless of me now. HAHAHA
__________________
Its all about rolling in the X5 !!!
greekthang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 07:39 PM   #13
betmen
6th Gear Member
 
betmen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: mississauga
Posts: 3,075
just let it rechanged all the way, then drain it till it dies, then rechang it
and dothat a few times
and then it sdhould be longer life
but make sure you dont charge it unles its TOTALY DEAD

and then after maybe 6-8 times of doing that it should have its full potential
betmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 07:47 PM   #14
greekthang
6th Gear Member
 
greekthang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: jomama
Posts: 2,653
Quote:
Originally posted by betmen
just let it rechanged all the way, then drain it till it dies, then rechang it
and dothat a few times
and then it sdhould be longer life
but make sure you dont charge it unles its TOTALY DEAD

and then after maybe 6-8 times of doing that it should have its full potential
Perfect thanks for the info
__________________
Its all about rolling in the X5 !!!
greekthang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 08:28 PM   #15
Mikester
7th Gear Member
 
Mikester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,984
Send a message via ICQ to Mikester
yea if you use it alot to play games and take pics then the battery dies quickly, not within 1 day though. i used my phone alot when i got it and 1 charge still lasted me for 3 days. however recently its been dying after one day so i just bought another one and this one lasts me for about a week if i talk 3 days during that week. i think a battery on ebay is like 10 bucks. if its still shit after a week, then just order a new one

btw, what color is your phone? i wanna get black housing but i dont know how to install it
Mikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2015