Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > Looking for
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-20-2003, 06:36 AM   #1
landry325e
1st Gear Newbie

Send a message via AIM to landry325e
car audio

Hey everyone,

I`m currently on the hunt for a stereo system for my car, my car was broken into like six months ago or so, and they took the head unit. When they took it out the ripped apart all the wires so we had to send it off to get fixed. Now that it`s all fixed and ready to go I am looking into buying an entire system for the car.
I`m kinda thinking Alpine or Clarion, alpine had the security system I want so i might go with that one and keep everything Alpine. Not sure exactly what I want for the head unit, probably a cd/mp3 player. then I need a sub, I talked to one guy at Cambridge audio who said that you get the best clearest sound quality and least amount of distortion if you get a 10" sub, and face it at the rear of the car or something...so that the sound bounces off the entire car.
I don`t know too much about car audio myself...so I usually just trust other peoples advice about these things. also need an amp.
That``s all i`m gonna buy for now, but i`ll end up buying it all together. maybe it`ll help me get a deal. Anyway....if you know of anyone who wants to get rid of anything like that...or if you know of any place that would be good to buy that stuff. I would really appreciate your feedback.

Thanx a bunch -dawn
landry325e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 11:38 PM   #2
landry325e
1st Gear Newbie

hello again, everyone. I need some winter tires really really badly. My car fishtails all over the place without them.

thanx a bunch
Old 12-02-2003, 11:57 PM   #3
DoxBimmer
1st Gear Newbie

U.S.A 600 amp- $950
JL Audio 12w6x2-$450 and I've got a couple of sets of winters cheap.
The stereo hit 146.3 db when it was in my car.
Oh and 6" JL 's for $80
DoxBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 03:33 AM   #4
landry325e
1st Gear Newbie

Hey thanx, I actually just bought a car deck today, so I don`t need a car deck anymore. getting audiobahn amp 10' subs, inverted in box, and some sweet looking speakers.

Love to see a pic of the tires though. I really need some of those. asap.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: