Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Audio/Sound
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-21-2002, 03:34 PM   #1
M5 Fanatic
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to M5 Fanatic
Question BC Auto Designs

Anybody been to BC autodesigns??? How r they? good prices??

Thanx
Dave.......Peace

-Real Rebels Ride Bavarian Rockets-
M5 Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2002, 11:39 PM   #2
Lip
2nd Gear Member

TRUST ME!
Lip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 01:55 AM   #3
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Send a message via MSN to Autotechnica
mad expensive!!! I know Nelson, the guy that does the replica body kits at the BC auto shop (Techwell), even he rips me off! eg. replica fiberglass 1 peice DTM splitter ($480!). I could make one myself in my basement for less than $50!

Bryan
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Autotechnica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2002, 02:26 PM   #4
RC_Z3
1st Gear Newbie

hey MTRD!

how much is the AC shift knob?.. and the AC pedals?..
RC_Z3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2002, 02:49 PM   #5
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

I've delt with Bell for years and it's hard to get good deals there. I find the most effective way for a caucasion to get a good deal is first call in and get the price he needs... Then come in with a wad of money that you're willing to pay (realistically!!) and fan it infront on Bell (owner) once the place gets empty from people looking around. Get his undivided attention and make it seem like you plan on buying other expensive things there in the near future. He also likes compliments on the new shop. Good luck... sometimes Bell is the only person to carry rare Japanese products and you have no choice but to deal with him.

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2002, 03:10 PM   #6
Lip
2nd Gear Member

you don't want to buy rims, spring, shocks, exhast from them! if you haven't heard stories about them! just don't GO!
Lip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2002, 11:03 PM   #7
WASABI
OG

I bought a front lip from Bell ...

a few months ago, he likes cash deals, but I think he gives out prices based on his mood. I went there one time on a weekend, it was busy as hell, looking for rims and he quoted an outrageous price, came back during the week, and he gave me a totally different price. I've heard mixed reviews about his shop. But he does have a nice display of wheels. Call ahead like empowered said, and try to deal with Bell directly.
WASABI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 12:13 AM   #8
Gamite

Quote:
Originally posted by empowerd
I've delt with Bell for years and it's hard to get good deals there. I find the most effective way for a caucasion to get a good deal is first call in and get the price he needs... Then come in with a wad of money that you're willing to pay (realistically!!) and fan it infront on Bell (owner) once the place gets empty from people looking around. Get his undivided attention and make it seem like you plan on buying other expensive things there in the near future. He also likes compliments on the new shop. Good luck... sometimes Bell is the only person to carry rare Japanese products and you have no choice but to deal with him.
Haha, Check out this con artist!

Anyways, yeah they're pricey, from what I've heard, they're really nice when they wanna sell you something, but if something wrong happens, and you bring it back, they wont help you. I've heard of someone who bought rims from them, and one of them cracked! They didnt do a thing about it.

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 12:35 AM   #9
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Quote:
Originally posted by RC_Z3
hey MTRD!

how much is the AC shift knob?.. and the AC pedals?..
Please email me.. mictech@accessv.com thanks!
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Old 04-25-2002, 09:29 AM   #10
tominizer
6th Gear Member

NEver never buy there if you are a white boy............ like me. Never buy there period unless you really really have to. He's a thief he doesn't give a shyt about your car......... just your money.

Hmmmm, surprised at that comment about Nelson at Techwell. I'd like to hear more about that as I'm considering using his services. He quoted me $250 CAN to install and paint a bumper for my 2000 328i sedan and another $100 for some custom work to the bumper. Thoughts!??!??!
tominizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 12:27 PM   #11
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Nelson @ Techwell supplies BC Auto and Design with their fiberglass body kits. Nothing wrong with their quality, just that they are extremely overpriced.

One time my friend went to buy a fiberglass DTM front splitter for his E36 M3 from Nelson. The kit was very good quality and looked very nice. Only problem is that Nelson told us it was a real Racing Dynamics splitter. When we called Racing Dynamics to ask them if they made 3 piece fiberglass DTM splitters they said no, they only made the 1 peice ones. So another way they might try to rip you off and get away with charging those ridiculous prices.

Bryan

Last edited by Autotechnica; 04-25-2002 at 12:30 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: