Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Global MaXbimmer
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-09-2003, 10:20 PM   #31
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Originally posted by 328DTM
Hehe strange...that means you must be pulling out of the corners in the wrong gear, heel toe would be a great application on the road we drove on
No. the way i do it, is like this....
im driving in say 4th. i see the turn coming up, i clutch in, put it in 3rd/2nd depending on turn, and i start braking, half way through the turn i start accelerating and i always match gears/speed perfectly, so RPM is never too high/or too low..
OR, i downshit while im in the turn

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:. '01 Exterior Upgrades; E60 SSK
Toys'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
'91 Alfa Romer 164S- Red/Black/ Recaro interior
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 10:27 PM   #32
330DTM
Cinematographer

Send a message via ICQ to 330DTM Send a message via MSN to 330DTM
Quote:
Originally posted by bmwm5lover
No. the way i do it, is like this....
im driving in say 4th. i see the turn coming up, i clutch in, put it in 3rd/2nd depending on turn, and i start braking, half way through the turn i start accelerating and i always match gears/speed perfectly, so RPM is never too high/or too low..
OR, i downshit while im in the turn
So you mean you clutch out while in the middle of turn? That's going to upset the balance of the car. Even if you let the clutch out smoothly while into the turn it's kind of weird.

It's better to get the braking and gear changing done right before the corner. That way you're all set for the turn in and exit point from the corner.
Old 11-09-2003, 10:36 PM   #33
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

do you guys do heel/toe downshifting? i am almost getting the hang of it!

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|AFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 10:40 PM   #34
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
So you mean you clutch out while in the middle of turn? That's going to upset the balance of the car. Even if you let the clutch out smoothly while into the turn it's kind of weird.

It's better to get the braking and gear changing done right before the corner. That way you're all set for the turn in and exit point from the corner.
im confusing my self, i brake, and while entering the turn, i release the clutch, and hammer the gas.....!!!!

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Old 11-09-2003, 10:41 PM   #35
SpudBoy
Couped up

Send a message via ICQ to SpudBoy
Quote:

what he said...

brake for...

accelerate through...

SpudBoy
'99 M Coupe - Imola/Imola
Signature Pictures by Alezone

original BMW parts

To mod or not to mod? That is the question
SpudBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 11:18 PM   #36
330DTM
Cinematographer

Quote:
im confusing my self, i brake, and while entering the turn, i release the clutch, and hammer the gas.....!!!!
Haha alright, just wondering Terry. :p

It would be better if you could learn heel toe if not downshifting w/out heel toe before turn in point. It's much faster and allows more control when you're working on the turn, concentrating only on your steering and accelerating inputs.

Oh well just my $0.02's, not bashing at you bud in case you thought I was.
Old 11-09-2003, 11:30 PM   #37
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Quote:
Meet was great, and Jay i want the exact directions on how to get there!! ill be visiting that road VERY often, EVEN in the winter!
Hey just give me a call and let me know whenever you wanna go. I live about 2 mins from these roads, and koncise, too. We were the fastest ones through on the way back anyways, it makes for a good team.
Old 11-09-2003, 11:31 PM   #38
Mystikal

Quote:
Hehe strange...that means you must be pulling out of the corners in the wrong gear, heel toe would be a great application on the road we drove on

Mystical, even though I didn't drive, I'd just like to say you did a great job on organizing the meet. You gave complete directions prior to leaving KK and kept everyone within the group.
Heh, these roads are what I learned to drive on, especially heel-toe. I've been flying through here for years.

Thank you for the compliments!
Old 11-09-2003, 11:44 PM   #39
jello_g
4th Gear Member

Thanks guys for your comments on my MX-6.

Somebody asked me about wax. (Sorry, I don't remember who it was originally.) I currently use S100, which is exactly the same formulation as P21S Carnauba Wax but offered at a lower price for the motorcycle market. You can buy it locally at any Harley-Davidson or Cycle World. Keep in mind this is just a wax and isn't a cure for all your paint problems. As a final topper on a clean car, however, I'm sold on this product.

For minor spider webs, I've used Mothers Sealer and Glaze with good results. Recently I've been using Meguiar's #7 Professional Show Car Glaze with very good results. You can apply either by hand but if you have an extensive network of spider webs be prepared to put in the time and effort. Both are essentially fillers and oils, so should be topped off with a wax for longevity. Neglecting to do so means all your hard work will wash off next time your car sees rain. If neither completely hides your fine scratches, then you might have to investigate more aggressive compounds.

For longevity, I like using Meguiar's #20 Polymer Sealant. A good layer will last several months. It won't shine like a wax, but you can always top #20 with a pure wax for greater gloss/reflectivity.

Gerald Lau's Facebook profile
jello_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 11:48 PM   #40
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Originally posted by Mystikal
Hey just give me a call and let me know whenever you wanna go. I live about 2 mins from these roads, and koncise, too. We were the fastest ones through on the way back anyways, it makes for a good team.
allright man! i got your #, and sebster said he will wanna come too!
im thinking weekend coming up????

Old 11-09-2003, 11:56 PM   #41
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Haha alright, just wondering Terry. :p

It would be better if you could learn heel toe if not downshifting w/out heel toe before turn in point. It's much faster and allows more control when you're working on the turn, concentrating only on your steering and accelerating inputs.

Oh well just my $0.02's, not bashing at you bud in case you thought I was.
i really want to learn heel-toe, its just that when i try it, i feel like my foot is too big, and i always mess up. i guess i need someone thats a pro at it to teach me, or show me exactly how its done, so that i can copy them, and slowly become fluent at it.

Old 11-10-2003, 01:01 AM   #42
330DTM
Cinematographer

Quote:
i really want to learn heel-toe, its just that when i try it, i feel like my foot is too big, and i always mess up. i guess i need someone thats a pro at it to teach me, or show me exactly how its done, so that i can copy them, and slowly become fluent at it.
Ask Randy or Thinair, they always do it smoothly at the auto-x's hehe, not to say that anyone else here can't, but just from what I've seen so far from ppl. I've met.
Old 11-10-2003, 01:10 AM   #43
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

guys lets his this road this weekend comming up!

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|AFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 01:44 AM   #44
E36_M_Power
4th Gear Member

oh Xhit I missed it...!!!
E36_M_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 12:16 PM   #45
Mystikal

Quote:
allright man! i got your #, and sebster said he will wanna come too!
im thinking weekend coming up????
Sounds good. I'll make sure I don't have any big plans, I have a habit of double-booking myself.

I'll call out a few of my local friends too, have a nice random assortment of cars.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: