Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-06-2003, 05:16 AM   #16
sloveniaboy
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mitch555
I can't believe I just spent time arguing which one covers more area!
Old 11-06-2003, 10:06 PM   #17
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via ICQ to thinair Send a message via MSN to thinair
I'm with Soldo on this one, my dad has a MB 300D, it has a single wiper and it wipes more windshield real estate then the wipers on my BMW.

It wipes a big rectangle, but with the top edges rounded a little.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 10:16 PM   #18
Mitch555
Retired MaXmember!

Quote:
Originally posted by thinair
I'm with Soldo on this one, my dad has a MB 300D, it has a single wiper and it wipes more windshield real estate then the wipers on my BMW.

It wipes a big rectangle, but with the top edges rounded a little.
I'm not gonna argue over which one covers more surface area anymore!

MY ENGINE SWAP: HERE!

Life Is A Tough Teacher, It Gives You The Test Then The Lesson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal
just do it once, do it right.
Mitch555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 12:49 AM   #19
Soldo
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mitch555
I'm not gonna argue over which one covers more surface area anymore!

told ya!

add one for the good guys!
Old 11-07-2003, 01:31 AM   #20
Mitch555
Retired MaXmember!

Quote:
Originally posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i

told ya!

add one for the good guys!
I didn't stop arguing cuz you guyz were right. I stopped cuz itz such a dumb thing to argue over! lol At the end of it all... who really cares if your wiper blades clean an extra 2 inches more.

MY ENGINE SWAP: HERE!

Life Is A Tough Teacher, It Gives You The Test Then The Lesson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal
just do it once, do it right.
Mitch555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 06:19 AM   #21
daytona
6th Gear Member

I realize

that a mono wiper has to move much quicker to cover the space of a dual one,I was just worried how well it keep the shield abstruction free.Its a summer car so no need to worry about moving huge amount of sleet and snow,just curious if the cleaning sweep was as good or better than a dual system.Mechanically wise is it as durable as a dual unit?..Anyways thanks for the "detailed" pros and cons..appreciate the imput.......
daytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 07:16 PM   #22
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via ICQ to thinair Send a message via MSN to thinair
Re: I realize

Quote:
Originally posted by daytona
that a mono wiper has to move much quicker to cover the space of a dual one,I was just worried how well it keep the shield abstruction free.Its a summer car so no need to worry about moving huge amount of sleet and snow,just curious if the cleaning sweep was as good or better than a dual system.Mechanically wise is it as durable as a dual unit?..Anyways thanks for the "detailed" pros and cons..appreciate the imput.......
It doesn't need to move quicker, it'll still wipe right to left to right at the same speed as two wipers. The only problem is that your wiper size is limited by either the height of your windshield or half the width....you might not get full coverage. And if you're tall or have a very upright seating position, the wiper blade won't make it to the upper corners (without a weird MB style blade pivot). That'd be what'd hold me back from doing it. Also, if the wiper doesn't tuck enough under the hood it might look dumb IMO, I'm not a fan of seeing wipers at like a 30ļ angle on the passenger size.

Some conversions are also pretty costly because you'll need a new (custom) wiper motor to wiper arm linkage.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: