Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-05-2003, 02:40 PM   #31
SebSter
6th Gear Member

needs a facelift really bad... the front looks like a grumpy old man .. but you're right hte base models for any of their cars always look pretty shitty, give it a few years of productions and some facelifts and it will prolly look pretty good

(edit) actually i changed my mind, the base model for e36 looks waay better than the base for e46 and the new 3

Old car 1990 325ix. Current car 2000 540i.

Last edited by SebSter; 11-05-2003 at 02:47 PM.
SebSter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 03:06 PM   #32
David
2nd Gear Member

I think BMW has finally figured out that Bangle is a total disaster as a designer. Problem is, they can't halt production and development of the e90 this late into the game. They'll probably leave the bangle models as is, except for minor facelifts, and let someone else design the next generations (hopefully).

As for the pic posted, other than the headlights, the car looks like an e46. Especially if you pay close attention the side profile. Its not as dramatic as the 5 and 7 series changes.

My take on the new models:

7 Series - the rear end is a disaster. The front and side profile are Ok. The previous gen was much better though. It was more agressive.

5 series - The front and rear are a disaster. I hate how the light swoop around. It reminds me of a corolla/elantra. Side profile is ok. This car is more elegant than the e39. But I like the e39 better. Again, it was more agressive.

3 Series - Looks mostly like an e46. My only problem with this is that I'm bored of the e46.

Z4 - I like it better than the z3. It has an interesting look to it. I wish the front lights and grill were lined up better with one another. Rear and side are pretty good. Though I do see where the s2000 comparisons come from for the rear.

6 series - Look ok. Too round though. It needs to be a bit more boxy like the old 8 series was. Rear end reminds me of a dodge stratus. Side profile is ok.

As for the 3 series getting bigger, this doesn't surprise me. BMW will eventually be bringing the 1 series over. This will replace what the older 3 series used to be. That being fun, small, great handling cars.

Administrator on DetailersClub.com
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 05:50 PM   #33
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Send a message via MSN to Autotechnica
What's with those square looking doors? The car looks like a huge box.

Don't worry, for us current E30/E36 3 series owners, the value of our cars will all go up and become in high demand when more of these butt ugly cars hit the road.

You shouldn't have to get used to the look of a car. When you see a beautiful car it should be a stunner as soon as you see it. Think about everyone else that sees you driving that car, they don't share your entusiasm and they will just at the sight of it.

The BMW Z4 was the only new Bimmer I could get "used" to.

Bryan
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Last edited by Autotechnica; 11-05-2003 at 05:53 PM.
Autotechnica is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 08:01 PM   #34
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Not sure if this is a repost, but here is what it will look like

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/?video_...y.php?id=38053

It does actually look kinda like the first pic

Last edited by mkgino; 11-05-2003 at 08:03 PM.
mkgino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 08:33 PM   #35
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by David
5 series - The front and rear are a disaster. I hate how the light swoop around. It reminds me of a corolla/elantra. Side profile is ok. This car is more elegant than the e39. But I like the e39 better. Again, it was more agressive.
woah, I dont know about that one, maybe you have it reversed. E60 is tons more aggressive than the E39.

Old 11-05-2003, 08:37 PM   #36
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Send a message via MSN to Autotechnica
Quote:
Originally posted by mkgino
woah, I dont know about that one, maybe you have it reversed. E60 is tons more aggressive than the E39.

OMG WTF is that?

It looks like some Japanese import car with an ugly body kit.

Holy crap! All I have to say is that for real BMW enthusiasts (most of them) they will just think the new BMW's are butt ugly. For people new to BMW, they may or may not like it. But for me, what a horror story for BMW.

Bryan
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Autotechnica is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 08:54 PM   #37
ambasah
2nd Gear Member

I think my next car will be a Mercedes.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 09:16 PM   #38
David
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mkgino

I have to disagree with you, especially if you look at the side profile. e60 is more elegant than agressive. I just saw an e60 in person at autohaus like 2 days ago. I stared at the car forever. The car in general is not at all agesssive imho. The e39 pic you posted looks VERY agressive to me. More so than the e60.

JMHO...
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 09:28 PM   #39
bart320i
6th Gear Member

all new bmw models are going down hill IMO. I think this will drive current owners away and bring some new people in. IMO they look very generic, nothing special about the styling
Old 11-05-2003, 10:46 PM   #40
Soldo
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Autotechnica
OMG WTF is that?

It looks like some Japanese import car with an ugly body kit.

Holy crap! All I have to say is that for real BMW enthusiasts (most of them) they will just think the new BMW's are butt ugly. For people new to BMW, they may or may not like it. But for me, what a horror story for BMW.

Bryan
WOW, your VERY correct!
All the people that like the new BMW's like trhem for their name and status, cause "ask any racer, and REAL racer" (hehehe sorry seen F&F again this weekend!) and they can not say the new bmw's are MORE aggressive!

But say what you guys want, whoever is designing BMW's new line up of rims is completely COKED OUT, c'mon, show me a NICE set of wheels from the current line of BMW's (E46 not included) the only one i can think of is the Z4 rims, but thats it!

Honestly, when i start my career and plan on going into the market with some NICE cars, i would NEVER consider a current BMW not even if the prices went down drastically.
Most aggressive car company's in the market today IMO:
1. INFINITI (G 35 coupe/sedan, and FX45 are just freakin SICK!)
2. CADILAC (just about all their current cars are very appealing and aggresive)
3. SABB (i know its a GM car on the surface, but i think they're lookin really great)
4.VOLVO

i'm sure some will disagree, but thats my opinion........N'UFF SAID!
Old 11-06-2003, 12:51 AM   #41
tlaselva
1800+ HP Driveway

Send a message via MSN to tlaselva
Quote:
Originally posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i
Honestly, when i start my career and plan on going into the market with some NICE cars, i would NEVER consider a current BMW not even if the prices went down drastically.
Most aggressive car company's in the market today IMO:
1. INFINITI (G 35 coupe/sedan, and FX45 are just freakin SICK!)
2. CADILAC (just about all their current cars are very appealing and aggresive)
3. SABB (i know its a GM car on the surface, but i think they're lookin really great)
4.VOLVO

i'm sure some will disagree, but thats my opinion........N'UFF SAID!
Agreed.
Most car manufactures are coming out with some eye appealing styles and designs.

The only one I can think of that is putting out some consistently horrid cars is BMW..........

2010 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport

2010 GSX-R 750

2003 C5 Z06
LS7 427CI w/ECS Novi 2000 : Caravaggio Widebody and Full Leather & Alcantra Interior
903rwhp/815rwtq : 10.3@152mph
tlaselva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 12:57 AM   #42
AMG_POWER
500HP Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ambasah
I think my next car will be a Mercedes.

wahaha right on
Old 11-06-2003, 01:22 AM   #43
AMG_POWER
500HP Member

Old 11-06-2003, 02:06 AM   #44
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
Quote:
Originally posted by SickFinga
this is such a photoshop of 5 series, not even funny.
It will not look nothing like this.
The only photos are relaible are from german magazine, this is just crap
Exactly, this shouold be taken with a grain of salt!

Why is everyone bitching about a fake photoshop that is not approved by BMW?

The one above looks like photoshop too..

2000 Audi A8 SWB Silver/Black
1992 BMW 525iT/5 White/Blue [MPars, HIDs, cargo net]
1989 525i [scrapped]
1995 BMW 318i DASC [sold]
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 04:11 AM   #45
Soldo
6th Gear Member

Photo shop or not, if bangle TOUCHES the E46, we all can expect what will become of BMW!
Just a question has a car company EVER reversed its choice on the look of a car IE going back to the previous model!??
(i know it probably has not been done, i just hope theres a first for EVERYTHING!!)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: