Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-28-2003, 11:07 PM   #1
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via ICQ to thinair Send a message via MSN to thinair
Playing with a G-tech Comp

Well, I have the use of a G-tech Pro Competition for a couple weeks. I've been debating between getting either a G-tech Pro Comp, or a Race Technology AP-22..... anyway...

Here is the info for my car from me playing with it.

1/4 mile - 14.731 @ 95.58 (compared to 14.759 @ 92.60 at St. Thomas)
0-100 - 7.302 seconds (in 115.9 meters)
0-200 - 28.2 seconds (in 1050.3 meters)

I haven't gone out for any braking runs yet.

I don't have (accurate) hp and torque numbers because I took a wild stab at the car weight (with me and fuel), I'll have to get it weighed soon.

The unit itself is actually pretty cool, it samples g's 100 time per minute, which is really good, it self levels itself everytime you do a timed launch, it's actually very accurate with pulling the rpms from the cigarette lighter (once the RPM's have been calibrated).

The software that comes with it is pretty good too, and it allows you to export it to a spreadsheet so you can manipulate the data all you like.

My main complaint, it's very straight line oriented, there is supposed to be auto-x/road course software coming out soon though. The unit doesn't store any lateral g info at all either, but that will change with the next firmware appearently.

I'll keep you posted on my trucks performance numbers too!!
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 11:11 PM   #2
MP328
Krv Svoju Za Bosnu Moju

Send a message via MSN to MP328
i guess that is the newer G-Tech with the big LCD screen?
MP328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 11:17 PM   #3
thinair
moderationistismingly

Quote:
Originally posted by MP328
i guess that is the newer G-Tech with the big LCD screen?
Yeah, nighttime driving with it is sorta weird....
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
Old 10-29-2003, 12:12 AM   #4
Bigbore
4th Gear Member

with that higher trap speed, considering your on regular tarmac you could potentially take 2-3 tenths of a second off, looks like the Gtech is really accurate! I used the older one once, but i thought it was off, (slightly uphill etc etc)
Old 10-29-2003, 12:24 AM   #5
thinair
moderationistismingly

Quote:
Originally posted by Bigbore
with that higher trap speed, considering your on regular tarmac you could potentially take 2-3 tenths of a second off, looks like the Gtech is really accurate! I used the older one once, but i thought it was off, (slightly uphill etc etc)
This run was done on what seemed like a pretty level section of road. I know I know, I shouldn't be going that fast on public roads (not even at 3am when no one is on the road)
Old 10-29-2003, 12:51 AM   #6
///MsAniTy
6th Gear Member

thinair please check your pm.
///MsAniTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 12:59 AM   #7
Bigbore
4th Gear Member

hell thats fast anyway, considering you havent touched the motor, but rather the traction issues right?
Old 10-29-2003, 01:14 AM   #8
thinair
moderationistismingly

Quote:
hell thats fast anyway, considering you havent touched the motor, but rather the traction issues right?
Yeah, my tires suck in cold weather, so I can't just floor it in first, and my clutch is starting to slip slightly in 2nd and 3rd.
Old 10-29-2003, 01:25 AM   #9
skillton
3rd Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to skillton
Nice times...
Matt you should test your car on that when or if you ever get it running right
Old 10-29-2003, 03:31 AM   #10
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
Not bad times at all!
I am still waiting for my GtechPro (not the comp.) to come in the mail this week so I can play around with it. If i like it, I'll upgrade to the comp. model.

'94 Supercharged E36 325is (150,000 original km's)
Mods
-Vortech V9 G-Trim @ ~10psi w/ BOV
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-TEIN SS Coilovers w/ Pillowball mounts
-Keskin KT1 17x8.5 & 17x10
-Remus full catback
-Authentic Rieger Infinity I body kit
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 04:13 AM   #11
Bigbore
4th Gear Member

i did but my buddy has the older unit, the time was off for sure

i hit a 15.6 all motor b4 turbo, but it was slightly uphill and i didnt get a good 0-60 run... not sure what it would have done with turbo.

man 14.7 is great though, seriously force some air in there and you`ll be more then happy but anyway thats quick enough to hang with some faster cars, like a 350Z or s2000!
Old 10-29-2003, 09:25 PM   #12
thinair
moderationistismingly

Quote:
man 14.7 is great though, seriously force some air in there and you`ll be more then happy
I don't think I'll be going the FI route yet, I like the engine response of a naturally aspirated car.
Old 10-29-2003, 09:29 PM   #13
Bigbore
4th Gear Member

aaah, yeah thats true you stomp on it and the back end swings, true on the other hand you just cant beat the sheer force that a turbo can pull you back...

but thats a totally differnet debate!
Old 10-29-2003, 09:58 PM   #14
thinair
moderationistismingly

Quote:
aaah, yeah thats true you stomp on it and the back end swings, true on the other hand you just cant beat the sheer force that a turbo can pull you back...

but thats a totally differnet debate!
Yeah, don't even get me started on that, personally I'd go supercharger, but that's just because of what I do with my car.
Old 10-30-2003, 06:16 AM   #15
windsor318is
Nitrous Junkie!

eh thinair any clue how much that puppy costs??? i wonder if theres anyone selling it on ebay.......................

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: