Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-27-2003, 09:18 PM   #31
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

On DTMpower...if you are a mod, or admin..they will kiss your ass like no tomorrow...thats why everyone LOVES dado's old E36....his new one i do, but the old one was just ok..not the best.

Tom your car is sick, because its original...i must say though, i am not a fan of the side/rear..i dunno, only because you got the front end going..but rear/side is relatively stock..but awesome work in progress...how are those brakes comming?

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|AFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 10:33 PM   #32
SpudBoy
Couped up

Send a message via ICQ to SpudBoy
T: I want to see it when it's finished. Keep up the good work.

SpudBoy
'99 M Coupe - Imola/Imola
Signature Pictures by Alezone

original BMW parts

To mod or not to mod? That is the question
SpudBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 11:00 PM   #33
///Milk
BangSentra

Send a message via ICQ to ///Milk Send a message via AIM to ///Milk Send a message via MSN to ///Milk Send a message via Yahoo to ///Milk Send a message via Skype™ to ///Milk
DTMPower is a buncha teens with deep pockets full of cash
T-Spec..your bimma is hott
but the only thing im not a big fan of is the E46 style grill

///Milk

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S
2009 Ford Focus SES Sedan
///Milk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 11:46 PM   #34
Sickbimmer
750HP turbo E46 M3

Do it for yourself and nobody else

The car looks great
Sickbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 03:50 AM   #35
nzer
4th Gear Member

The more I look at the car the more I like it!.. It just looks like its going to eat you! hah
Old 10-28-2003, 05:34 AM   #36
Gez
1st Gear Newbie

I think the car looks good aswell , is that a hamann stw rear wing?? If it is i want one aswell
Gez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 02:21 PM   #37
daytona
6th Gear Member

Your car,your styling....

Do what you like,who gives a rat arss what people think,but if your looking for comments then here it is:

Rear spoiler must go,it only looks good on a TOCA car..

Front lippy thingy must go......

The fogs must go...

I never like shinny chrome rims.......

hmm that it I guess.......

Damn Im contradicting myself about what other people think but hell if you want comments here is my $ 0.02 worth

Last edited by daytona; 10-28-2003 at 02:25 PM.
daytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 07:49 PM   #38
BimmerMan
4th Gear Member

Location: Cleveland OH, formerly West Palm Beach FL, formerly Mississauga ON
Send a message via ICQ to BimmerMan Send a message via AIM to BimmerMan
Tom - Why would you even post this. This is not the Tom that I know. Why would you care about what others say about your car. Look how far you've come with your customizing since your Rabbit. Don't make me post pictures of it here. If someone doesn't like the style of your car, nobody is forcing them to do that to their car. They will still appreciate your handywork. If you like your car, that is all that matters.
Old 10-28-2003, 08:21 PM   #39
betmen
6th Gear Member

dude, its a good car, i would just take of the fogs, the rest is sick

and did i hear somone say 600hp???????????
betmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 09:17 PM   #40
BimmerMan
4th Gear Member

Location: Cleveland OH, formerly West Palm Beach FL, formerly Mississauga ON
Send a message via ICQ to BimmerMan Send a message via AIM to BimmerMan
tom - 600 hp?! PM me, let me know. I have some plans for high HP too
Old 10-28-2003, 09:59 PM   #41
T-spec
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BimmerMan
Tom - Why would you even post this. This is not the Tom that I know. Why would you care about what others say about your car. Look how far you've come with your customizing since your Rabbit. Don't make me post pictures of it here. If someone doesn't like the style of your car, nobody is forcing them to do that to their car. They will still appreciate your handywork. If you like your car, that is all that matters.
You are 100% right Jake! As I said in my first post"I don't expect everyone to have the same taste as me" it just pissed me off, as it would anybody, to have their ride put down like that, If someone says : its not my style, in not feelin' it, not my taste, I really don't think it looks that good, -then hey no problem. But when someone says "Its kick me in the nuts, spit on your face ulgy" and comments like- its all riced out then I get pissed . But like you said, I'm over it now F$#k what other people think, especially a bunch of people that probably dont know a phillips from a flathead.

600hp stroked and nitrous injected small block 350 chevy coupled to a richmond 6speed "ROD" will be finding its way into the bimz. I went to the engine shop today to get a quote for the remaining parts I need.
Old 10-28-2003, 10:06 PM   #42
T-spec
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SpudBoy
T: I want to see it when it's finished. Keep up the good work.
Thanks a lot Spudman and trust me, I can't wait to finish it, its taking me a lot longer to fabricate all my own parts then just dropping some cash and having it done, especially with a mortage but I'm trying to keep motivated, hopefully spring of 2005 it will be 100% done.
Old 10-29-2003, 02:06 AM   #43
PrinceE30
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to PrinceE30
Personally...

I don't like your car. I don't care how much work your did yourself either. I respect that you did it yourself. I respect your individuality.

I think that the kit is too "Veilside". The lines of the kit don't match up with the lines of the car and the grills and "supports" in front just don't flow with the front of that car. It may be unique, but it's not really looking like a BMW anymore.

As for people who spend the money to get stuff to their car done...what's wrong with that? What's wrong with having other people do work if you don't have the time to do it yourself. A lot of those guys can either have the time to mod their car and no money, or money to mod their car and only time to DRIVE it. If you have the bling, spend it. Who is anyone to judge where people spend their money.

Granted, they don't have the technical knowhow, but they don't enjoy the car any less. Sometimes it''s awe inspiring to use someone else's creation. Something you can't do yourself. Tearing them down is no different than them tearing T down for his preference. Let's just be happy that their are so many people willing to spend money at places like AA (and similar houses) so they can develop parts for our cars that we can install ourselves.

Peace.

-Prince
PrinceE30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 05:33 AM   #44
T-spec
6th Gear Member

I don't like your car.
- Like I said twice since my first post, I DONT CARE!!!

it's not really looking like a BMW anymore.
- GOOD

As for people who spend the money to get stuff to their car done...what's wrong with that?
- Where the hell did this come from? All I said was It is taking me a lot longer than if I were to buy the parts, there is nothing wrong with spending money on stuff for your ride, hell my motor alone is gonna be more than most E36's out there.

Granted, they don't have the technical knowhow, but they don't enjoy the car any less. Sometimes it''s awe inspiring to use someone else's creation. Something you can't do yourself.

- I totally agree

Let's just be happy that their are so many people willing to spend money at places like AA (and similar houses) so they can develop parts for our cars that we can install ourselves.

-As long as there not all high and mighty about there cars being sooo much better than others just because they ( or mommy and daddy ) have the flow!

If you have the cash, flow, bling whatever to spend on your ride the more power to you.

Peace.

-Prince
Old 10-29-2003, 12:15 PM   #45
PrinceE30
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to PrinceE30
"it's not really looking like a BMW anymore.
- GOOD"

Then why did you get a BMW? I guess what I'm wondering is why you got a BMW if you don't like the look (as apparently you don't by this statement). Why not get another car, or a kit car for that matter...something VERY VERY FEW people have and then customize that?

I understand a lot of the DTM crowd comes of very high and mighty, but it's the internet dude. Expect it. I've met most of those guys in the Northern Virginia area and Southern Florida (and some of New England) and they are all nice guys. I have a BEAT UP '86 325es and they all still gave me props for sticking to old school BMWs. There are a few baby ricers out there who don't even have cars who smack talk a lot, but I don't condemn them all because of a few jack-asses.

Again, props on the work you're doing. I didn't see any engine information, anything you can tell us now?

Great to have another member in the community. My name's Randy btw.

-Prince
PrinceE30 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: