Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-27-2003, 05:43 PM   #61
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
Hmm...I must say I'm completely with Kev... He assumes, but that's because you think you're the shit.

What you are doing is:
Illegal, yet you don't think you are a danger to our roads.

Who cares if no one is there.. What if someone enters the highway and cuts in front to the middle lane, where you are... The person quickly checks his blindspot, sees you far away, but unaware what speed you are coming at. You either kill him, or try to swerve around him and kill yourself. (since you have no track/autocross experience).

You think you are a good driver, but you're a "pedal masher, sunday cruiser" in my eyes, you're definetely not better than old drivers or SUV moms.
I can't say I'm perfect, I had 2 acidents within 3 months (both of them involving turning too fast during rain). I also hit 160 km/h on the 401. I suck on autocross and have not gone tracking (although I'd love to if I had extra cash/time). But I am not like you, I don't brag about this/ I don't continue doing it. I have learnt my lesson.

You think no one understands you. I don't, I'm 18, I'm Russian, like you and Sickfinga. Buddy if that's your idea of fun, sorry,m you're way out of line. Something bad may happen, if you continue this long enough...

My 0.02.

2000 Audi A8 SWB Silver/Black
1992 BMW 525iT/5 White/Blue [MPars, HIDs, cargo net]
1989 525i [scrapped]
1995 BMW 318i DASC [sold]
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 06:46 PM   #62
330DTM
Cinematographer

Send a message via ICQ to 330DTM Send a message via MSN to 330DTM
Quote:
Originally posted by BMW_7
Who cares if no one is there.. What if someone enters the highway and cuts in front to the middle lane, where you are... The person quickly checks his blindspot, sees you far away, but unaware what speed you are coming at. You either kill him, or try to swerve around him and kill yourself. (since you have no track/autocross experience).

My 0.02.
Actually to tell you the truth I don't think autocross or track experience will ALWAYS help you out under unforeseen situations. The two activities allow you to experience how your car handles, its unique characteristics and how you can become a better daily driver understanding the physics of driving. (If what I just said is wrong...Mentalkev ()...just fill in what i'm missing out).

When you're driving on the road there are a lot of variables that you cannot control. You can treat other cars as pilons and avoid them, but when they have control in where they want to go (which pilons don't) then that's a different story.

My point is having track and auto-x experience will improve your driving awareness and mentality, but it doesn't mean you'll never get into accidents.

For example, if a truck wheel flies across the median, there is no way you can react quick enough to dodge it, espeically if there's cars around you and the object is coming at a rapid rate.

Also with the case you brought up about a car travelling very quick and up ahead a car is merging onto the highway, at the most, I can see that track/auto-x experience will help you judge your braking distances and how to get around the person. However, if the car ahead cuts into the direction you want to go last minute without knowing you're behind him/her, that means we'll see an accident.

Well I think what I said is right, but I haven't been thinking clearly lately so feel free to correct me.
Old 10-27-2003, 10:34 PM   #63
Mikester
7th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Mikester
Quote:
Hmm...I must say I'm completely with Kev... He assumes, but that's because you think you're the shit.

What you are doing is:
Illegal, yet you don't think you are a danger to our roads.

You think you are a good driver, but you're a "pedal masher, sunday cruiser" in my eyes, you're definetely not better than old drivers or SUV moms.
I can't say I'm perfect, I had 2 acidents within 3 months (both of them involving turning too fast during rain). I also hit 160 km/h on the 401. I suck on autocross and have not gone tracking (although I'd love to if I had extra cash/time). But I am not like you, I don't brag about this/ I don't continue doing it. I have learnt my lesson.

You think no one understands you. I don't, I'm 18, I'm Russian, like you and Sickfinga. Buddy if that's your idea of fun, sorry,m you're way out of line. Something bad may happen, if you continue this long enough...

My 0.02.
did i say im the shit?and dont say: even though you didnt, you think so.

were the 2 accidents your fault?
Mikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 10:47 PM   #64
330DTM
Cinematographer

Send a message via ICQ to 330DTM Send a message via MSN to 330DTM
Quote:
Originally posted by Mikester

Off-topic but, yo Mikester I see you park beside this black modded civic in around Zone4 near Edwards. Is he your buddy or something?
Old 10-27-2003, 11:03 PM   #65
Mikester
7th Gear Member

hey man. i usually park in zone 2 (thats the one right beside edwards) when im too lazy to put it in my actual spot which is off campus (zone 7).
no, i dont know the guy but he always parks at the end in the corner, and there's a spot beside him which is 1.5 times bigger than the others, and thats why i put it there. cause i dont trust people when they open their doors and stuff, so ive got more space. but when that spot is taken,i park beside modded or expensive cars( i know, there are not too many ), cause drivers of these tend to be more careful. and thats how i choose my parking
Old 10-28-2003, 01:12 AM   #66
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

im with Mikester on this one! You only live once, do stupid things!

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
'91 Alfa Romer 164S- Red/Black/ Recaro interior
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 01:48 AM   #67
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
Quote:
Originally posted by Mikester

Well, you do post it in the forums, obviously you did it many times (you want to break your record). That implies to me that you want to drive as fast as the car will let you. Also, you think you're right to speed if there are no cars.

Yeah, they were, it's because I had no experience driving in rain. The second was because of really bald summer tires. Luckily I didn't hit anyone and they were quite minor.

Last edited by BMW_7; 10-28-2003 at 01:56 AM.
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 01:51 AM   #68
tlaselva
1800+ HP Driveway

Send a message via MSN to tlaselva
Mikester, you'll have to forgive me if I came across harsh in my post towards you.

I worked as a Paramedic for 5 years, and and as you can imagine, I've encountered more times than I care to remember, mothers, fathers and infants dying needlessly in my care b/c of some idiotic driver who thought he had the right to turn the public roads into thier personal race track. You may understand why I have low tolerance to people who engage in dangerous driving habits, and think it's all fun and games.

My post was intentionally harsh; hoping it would make you pause and re-consider your driving habits, but alas, I can see your young age will forbid you to listen to reason.

Heed not only my warnings, but from some other people who have taken their time to attempt to talk some sense into you. If we didn’t care, we wouldn’t bother even responding to your post.
Whether you listen, I leave to you. The life you save, may be your own, and more importantly, some innocent.

2010 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport

2010 GSX-R 750

2003 C5 Z06
LS7 427CI w/ECS Novi 2000 : Caravaggio Widebody and Full Leather & Alcantra Interior
903rwhp/815rwtq : 10.3@152mph

Last edited by tlaselva; 10-28-2003 at 02:51 AM.
tlaselva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 01:56 AM   #69
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally posted by M3ntal Kev

As for the weekend cars, quite a few of them are used at the track. Probably a much higher percentage of the cars you've listed get used in Motorsports than other vehicles. I think that underlines the point pretty well.
Ok.
Answer my question, I know not me and you can not really answer it right, but your guess.
Which percentage of those cars been on the track? I can bet anything you want, most of them never seen it.

P.S. Yes, I'll prolly check it out next summer. And I honestly thought LAPPING DAYS meant racing. Trust me I was trying to be a dick and scare away people from your event.
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 02:37 AM   #70
M3ntal Kev
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SickFinga
Ok.
Answer my question, I know not me and you can not really answer it right, but your guess.
Which percentage of those cars been on the track? I can bet anything you want, most of them never seen it.

P.S. Yes, I'll prolly check it out next summer. And I honestly thought LAPPING DAYS meant racing. Trust me I was trying to be a dick and scare away people from your event.

Honestly, I don't know. Probably most don't see the track. One thing is for certain, more of the cars you mentioned see the track than domestic cars.

No harm done. I hope you come out to the track. A good and safe place to start would be a BMW Club driver's school. You'll get track time, theory taught in a class and auto-x type exercises to practice.

/// M3NTAL Kev

M3ntal Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 04:11 AM   #71
Mikester
7th Gear Member

Quote:
Well, you do post it in the forums, obviously you did it many times (you want to break your record). That implies to me that you want to drive as fast as the car will let you. Also, you think you're right to speed if there are no cars.

Yeah, they were, it's because I had no experience driving in rain. The second was because of really bald summer tires. Luckily I didn't hit anyone and they were quite minor.
yea, i do it everytime i come home for the weekend. but i tell you what, there IS such a thing as going fast but safely. not switching lanes, not ****ing around. just go fast in a straight line.
and im sorry bud, you cant tell me im a bad driver 1) without knowing the way i drive 2) if you crashed already and it was your fault. doesnt matter under what circumstances. (ive been driving with bald tires on heavy snow too).
anyways, glad it wasnt serious!
Old 10-28-2003, 04:28 AM   #72
Mikester
7th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tlaselva
Mikester, you'll have to forgive me if I came across harsh in my post towards you.

I worked as a Paramedic for 5 years, and and as you can imagine, I've encountered more times than I care to remember, mothers, fathers and infants dying needlessly in my care b/c of some idiotic driver who thought he had the right to turn the public roads into thier personal race track. You may understand why I have low tolerance to people who engage in dangerous driving habits, and think it's all fun and games.

My post was intentionally harsh; hoping it would make you pause and re-consider your driving habits, but alas, I can see your young age will forbid you to listen to reason.

Heed not only my warnings, but from some other people who have taken their time to attempt to talk some sense into you. If we didn’t care, we wouldn’t bother even responding to your post.
Whether you listen, I leave to you. The life you save, may be your own, and more importantly, some innocent.
you see, this is a mature way of talking, and i respect that.
yea i understand where youre coming from. but trust me, just because i drive fast on the highway, does not mean im a maniac.
as i said in my previous post, i dont drive like the young people youre talking about and i know exactly which types youre talking about, the ones who drive with the head out of the window with music all the way up, and then try to show off by doing stupid shit on the road, or race in inappropriate place.

yes i admit i race. but first of all, i do it in a straight line, i dont race pass next lights or where people cross. and i dont exceed the speed limit by thaaaaat much. maybe 80-90.(if the limit is 60)
however on a highway it is a different story. if there are no cars infront and someone wants to go, then id max out the car. yea, its illegal, but its not that bad if you do it right way and without stupidity.
here is a perfect example. i was going to toronto today and had 2 races.

1) vr6 started racing me on the middle lane while i was in the fast lane. we got up to 200 and slowed down. its all good, nothing dangerous.
2)WRX did the same, but started swerving around cars at about 180, and thats when i stopped. i know mine and my cars limits, and i know whats wrong and whats right. even though he's one of these stupid drivers, i still wouldnt wish he crashed. cause he will sometime.

so all im saying is, just because the majority of speed/race freaks crash, does not mean ALL drivers from that category are the same. and it is as easy to kill a person at 60 as it is at 200.
Old 10-28-2003, 04:32 AM   #73
Mikester
7th Gear Member

i wish i could have a bike again. ive been dreaming of an R6 for the past year. these things are faaaaast
Old 10-28-2003, 01:20 PM   #74
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

On a related note, I have a friend who, 2 weeks ago, was doing around 200+ on the 407 at 4:00AM, in his Jetta. He called my other friends and said he was on his way to meet up with them. A few hours later his family got the call that the car lost control and rolled repeatedly, instantly killing the driver. The passenger, another friend of mine, died 6 days later in hospital.

Highway 407 at 4 in the morning. That is the definition of empty. Now he's dead. Please be careful.
Old 10-28-2003, 01:57 PM   #75
Mikester
7th Gear Member

mystikal, yeah i feel bad for both guys and their families, even though its the drivers fault. but as i said: you have to know YOUR and your car limits.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: