Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-27-2003, 01:05 AM   #46
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally posted by Mystikal
I've had my car to 215 before the supposed 206 limiter. The E46 has seen 225, too. Both are unmodified. The limiter has a lot of play.
we almost burried my bros stock 325 after the wasaga cruise goin to my cottage

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 02:21 AM   #47
M3ntal Kev
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SickFinga
So what I was suppose to follow your steps and got my self a K-Car?
Where did you see me posing in my M3?
What I meant with my post that all of us did the same thing.
you raced cars on streets, Tony did, and I.
All of us were speeding and breaking the same laws.
But when we do it, all you older drivers starting to tell us that we should not be on the road, we are idiots and deserve to die.

Yes i'm the same kid that posted those pictures.
But what that has to d with this I dunno.
and ohh I was at AutoX before, and you posted exact same sentance about a year ago.
And please tell me what knowledge I was spewing??

I dont think I said your posts make no sense, all I said is when you bash someone else for the same action you've prolly done please include your experience in the post.

My post was mostly for Tony, not you for.

And yes all your posts are BLAH BLAH BLAH.
Especially when you try to act to your age, but then your replie turn into shit talk.
Remember that thread where I posted pics oh those accidents?
Remember how whole your crew came and started to call me an idiot and that those pics were bullshit?
Dont you think it was kinda immature?
If you trying to teach us, stupid posers, some road maners, I think you should use a bit less harsh language, maybe more people would listen.
First things first, I don't have a crew the guys who called you an idiot for posting the photos did so because they felt you were misrepresenting the event. If you want to get into shit talk and maturity, you should think about how absurd it is to assume I lurk here with a crew waiting to pounce on your words. BTW, the pics were bullshit. They were racing incidents. Racing and lapping are two very different activities.

How is this turned into shit talk? Is it because I said you were posing? Sorry if that hurts but you seem to be using a Motorsport car for everything but Motorsport. I'm not suggesting you should have got a K-car... but I would like to mention that I think someone your age (an age I have been) is not prepared for an auto such as an M3 without some serious mentoring.

You do make a decent point. The one thing Tony and I did not mention is any of our street foolishness and racing experience. I do not want to glamourize it.

/// M3NTAL Kev

M3ntal Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 02:37 AM   #48
M3ntal Kev
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mikester
"Tony's point was that Mikester should learn one way or another before he ends up with an innocent person's blood on his hands. Hence, the advice given to him is to become more skilled and responsible behind the wheel. "

ok do you read with your ass? how the hell do you know how i drive and how you gonna make me more responsible? hit me on the head and say its wrong?
and wtf, when i told this story i was saying there were NO CARS ON THE ROAD, it means there were NO CARS! CAN YOU SEE THE NO NO NO NO NO????? i think now you did, good. so if there are NO cars, there are no people on the highway. right? good
No cars makes it okay, huh? Nope. You simply are missing the point.

It must also be okay to run a stop sign or a red light if there are no cars around, right?

Before you start asking me if I read with my ass, may be you should actually reply to my posts and their messages.

Let me ask again...

1) What skill sharpening motorsports have you participated in that make you any better than the middle aged guy on the phone, in the minivan without working brake lights, in the fast lane of the 401?
2) What advanced driver training have you particpated in?

Explain to me why you are safe at 220km/h. Oh right, I forgot, no cars... that makes you Mr. Safety.

The fact is I can't make you safer. Only you can make yourself safer. This is the point you're missing. And you actually said...

Quote:
and i dont do it to show off either.
If you aren't showing off, why does this thread exist? If you do it for the rush, why would you post it on a public forum for all to see? Were you expecting people to pat you on the back and say, "Good job, Mikester. You're a really great driver." ?

Thanks for making it easier for us ass-readers... If you really want to make it easier, answer the simple questions.

/// M3NTAL Kev

Last edited by M3ntal Kev; 10-27-2003 at 02:40 AM.
Old 10-27-2003, 02:47 AM   #49
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Just a quick comment, if it wasnt for "posers" BMW wouldnt exist.

you may continue
Old 10-27-2003, 02:57 AM   #50
M3ntal Kev
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mkgino
Just a quick comment, if it wasnt for "posers" BMW wouldnt exist.

you may continue
... please elaborate... I'd like to know why...

Was it when they were building aircraft engines? Or when they coined the phrase, "The Ultimate Posing... err... Driving Machine"?

/// M3NTAL Kev

Old 10-27-2003, 03:42 AM   #51
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by M3ntal Kev
... please elaborate... I'd like to know why...

Was it when they were building aircraft engines? Or when they coined the phrase, "The Ultimate Posing... err... Driving Machine"?
Well because, BMW is a business like any other. Primary reson to exist is to generate a profit. Enthusiasts make what?? 3-5% of the BMW owners? Leaving the 95-97% of the posers that get a bmw for status, and their claim for "performance".

A person who has an E30 M3 (no offence), a 13 year old car, isnt what keeps bmw going as a business. But buying new models is.
Old 10-27-2003, 03:49 AM   #52
M3ntal Kev
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mkgino
Well because, BMW is a business like any other. Primary reson to exist is to generate a profit. Enthusiasts make what?? 3-5% of the BMW owners? Leaving the 95-97% of the posers that get a bmw for status, and their claim for "performance".

A person who has an E30 M3 (no offence), a 13 year old car, isnt what keeps bmw going as a business. But buying new models is.
My e30 M3 is 15 years old, and you're right that's not what keeping them in business but me buying my MCS is doing just that (which I didn't buy to pose with).

You have a decent point, which is why most of the guys on this board with M3s are really driving 332is' and not real M3s.

/// M3NTAL Kev

Old 10-27-2003, 03:58 AM   #53
Mikester
7th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Mikester
ok here are the answers to your questions.
but first you said: "...innocent person's blood on his hands..."
and thats why i said there were NOOOOOOOOOO CARS. it means that im not gonna kill anyone except myself if something happens (knock on wood). thats why i quoted it and said there were NOOO CARS. maybe you ass readers have to wipe more often.
"It must also be okay to run a stop sign or a red light if there are no cars around, right?" another stupid quote by you.
DID I EVER ****ING SAY THAT???????? AND WHAT DOES IT HAVE TO DO WITH MY STORY???? DONT WASTE THE SPACE IN THIS THREAD WITH STUPID COMMENTS. if u wanna argue MY comments, you're more than welcome to do it, but think twice before you post and dont ASSUME or come up with theories.
ok, questions:

#1) no. how i know im a better driver than the average older person? cause they do dumb things all the time. the only difference is, young people do it cause of stupidity(not all), but older folks(again not all, and not the majority, but a lot) do it because they dont look around when drive, check mirrors, or react fast. maybe its just over confidence cause theyve been driving for a while( and it happened to me again 2 days ago when a middle aged guy in a minivan started switching into my lane when he was PARALLEL to me, and slowing down wouldnt even help, so i had to go in the opposite lane for a second. in addition it was raining that night). and i got away from lots of situations like these. plus i never crashed, or even was close to a crash that would be MY fault. in conclusion older people are careless drivers, while younger drivers are dangerous drivers, but have more skill and awareness on the road (right now im just generalizing to make a point)
#2) none. see #1

now commenting on your comments.
"Explain to me why you are safe at 220km/h. Oh right, I forgot, no cars" answer is above. plus i never said its safe. its not even safe going at 100. but for me both are AS safe/unsafe. (considering theres no traffic)

"If you aren't showing off, why does this thread exist? If you do it for the rush, why would you post it on a public forum for all to see? Were you expecting people to pat you on the back and say, "Good job, Mikester. You're a really great driver." ?"
yea thats exactly why i posted it, arent you a smart guy?
section is called NEED FOR SPEED. well im in need for speed. makes sense? people post how they race/go fast/crash. why dont you go bitch at them too, officer? im not showing off that i went fast, cause most of the people here have. didnt you get the point of my story??? the point is that i got lucky and for some reason didnt get pulled over for going that fast. and if someone goes that fast and passes cops, theres a 95% chance youre ****ed.

and you know what?? i tried being nice but now youre just pissing the **** out of me by saying all these stupid comments.
so if you want to clear something first, ask normally and ill explain it, instead of acting like mr. perfect and mr. know-it-all.
Mikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 04:06 AM   #54
SickFinga

Quote:
BTW, the pics were bullshit. They were racing incidents. Racing and lapping are two very different activities.
1st Pics were real
2nd. Thank you for telling me, I always though that lapping days were in fact racing.
If you said that before instead of calling me an idiot, i think it would've been better.

Quote:

How is this turned into shit talk? Is it because I said you were posing? Sorry if that hurts but you seem to be using a Motorsport car for everything but Motorsport. I'm not suggesting you should have got a K-car... but I would like to mention that I think someone your age (an age I have been) is not prepared for an auto such as an M3 without some serious mentoring.
I'm not talking about this thread, I;m talking about the first thread, when i posted those pics.
Yes it isn't your CREW, but it was all your friends that go to the track.

And nowhere in my purschase contract it states that i have to track my car. Also i didn't see that in my owner's manual.
How many M3, M5, Porsche, Ferrari owners actually buy their cars to race???
You gotta admit majority of those cars end up being a weekend cars.
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 04:08 AM   #55
Mikester
7th Gear Member

and dont try talking to me like im a little kid, even though youre 10 years older. doesnt mean i dont have a head on my shoulders or im a criminal cause i like driving fast. and i dont wanna hear: yeah, youre a criminal cause youre putting other people's lives in danger. no im not putting them in danger.
its bush who should be bitched at for putting people in danger.
Old 10-27-2003, 12:47 PM   #56
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by E46_lover
we almost burried my bros stock 325 after the wasaga cruise goin to my cottage
Really? No limiter kicked in? Damn.

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 01:28 PM   #57
M3ntal Kev
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SickFinga
1st Pics were real
2nd. Thank you for telling me, I always though that lapping days were in fact racing.
If you said that before instead of calling me an idiot, i think it would've been better.

How many M3, M5, Porsche, Ferrari owners actually buy their cars to race???
You gotta admit majority of those cars end up being a weekend cars.
The pics were not relvant since they were race pics. You could have posted pics of formula 1 crashes; it would be the same thing because in both cases the pics were of racing incidents. Now that you know that lapping is not racing, will you come out?

As for the weekend cars, quite a few of them are used at the track. Probably a much higher percentage of the cars you've listed get used in Motorsports than other vehicles. I think that underlines the point pretty well.

/// M3NTAL Kev

Old 10-27-2003, 01:37 PM   #58
330DTM
Cinematographer

Send a message via ICQ to 330DTM Send a message via MSN to 330DTM
Quote:

As for the weekend cars, quite a few of them are used at the track. Probably a much higher percentage of the cars you've listed get used in Motorsports than other vehicles. I think that underlines the point pretty well.
Yup, especially being my first time this year going to Mosport to spectate, Kev's pretty much right.

M5...Check!
M3...Check!
Porsche...Check!
Ferrari....Check!
S4...Check!

I was amazed by the kind of cars that showed up.
Old 10-27-2003, 01:53 PM   #59
M3ntal Kev
3rd Gear Member

Why are you calling me an ass-reader? I haven't called you any names.

I'll try to keep this short and probably won't post again on this thread.

Quote:
ok here are the answers to your questions.
but first you said: "...innocent person's blood on his hands..."
and thats why i said there were NOOOOOOOOOO CARS. it means that im not gonna kill anyone except myself if something happens (knock on wood). thats why i quoted it and said there were NOOO CARS. maybe you ass readers have to wipe more often.
"It must also be okay to run a stop sign or a red light if there are no cars around, right?" another stupid quote by you.
DID I EVER ****ING SAY THAT???????? AND WHAT DOES IT HAVE TO DO WITH MY STORY???? DONT WASTE THE SPACE IN THIS THREAD WITH STUPID COMMENTS.
The example that I gave you was simple. You maintain that its okay to do 220km/h on the road because there are NOOOOOOOOOO CARS. I simply asked if it was okay to run a stop sign or a red light when there are NOOOOOOOOOO CARS?

You see, what it has to do with your story is that in both cases there are NOOOOOOOOOO CARS. So I guess I must be the stupid one for noticing that similarity and lets not even go into wasting thread space.

Quote:
#1) no. how i know im a better driver than the average older person? cause they do dumb things all the time. the only difference is, young people do it cause of stupidity(not all), but older folks(again not all, and not the majority, but a lot) do it because they dont look around when drive, check mirrors, or react fast. maybe its just over confidence cause theyve been driving for a while( and it happened to me again 2 days ago when a middle aged guy in a minivan started switching into my lane when he was PARALLEL to me, and slowing down wouldnt even help, so i had to go in the opposite lane for a second. in addition it was raining that night). and i got away from lots of situations like these. plus i never crashed, or even was close to a crash that would be MY fault. in conclusion older people are careless drivers, while younger drivers are dangerous drivers, but have more skill and awareness on the road (right now im just generalizing to make a point)
#2) none. see #1
Finally you answered my question. Funny thing is I'm not calling you an ass-reader even though I NEVER SAID THAT OLDER DRIVERS WERE BETTER THAN YOUNGER ONES. May be I should be calling you names for making up theories because you're making one hell of an ASSUMPTION...

Quote:
if u wanna argue MY comments, you're more than welcome to do it, but think twice before you post and dont ASSUME or come up with theories.
Quote:
now commenting on your comments.
"Explain to me why you are safe at 220km/h. Oh right, I forgot, no cars" answer is above. plus i never said its safe. its not even safe going at 100. but for me both are AS safe/unsafe. (considering theres no traffic)
Now that is actually intellegent and something I can agree with.

But the stuff below is drivel...
Quote:
"If you aren't showing off, why does this thread exist? If you do it for the rush, why would you post it on a public forum for all to see? Were you expecting people to pat you on the back and say, "Good job, Mikester. You're a really great driver." ?"

yea thats exactly why i posted it, arent you a smart guy?
section is called NEED FOR SPEED. well im in need for speed. makes sense? people post how they race/go fast/crash. why dont you go bitch at them too, officer? im not showing off that i went fast, cause most of the people here have. didnt you get the point of my story??? the point is that i got lucky and for some reason didnt get pulled over for going that fast. and if someone goes that fast and passes cops, theres a 95% chance youre ****ed.
I am not a smart guy. I'm certain not as smart as you in your 18 year-old wordly wise ways. I do bitch at other people (you're not that special). I do press the issue. Its with pressing and bitching that more and more MAX members are coming to auto-xs and track events and improving their driving skills. You did get lucky, and I'm glad nothing happened both with the police and with respect to your safety.

I'm still not going to resort to calling you names. All I was asking is for responsible behaviour so that the scene does not get squashed by the authorities. Is that too much to ask?

Quote:
and you know what?? i tried being nice but now youre just pissing the **** out of me by saying all these stupid comments.
so if you want to clear something first, ask normally and ill explain it, instead of acting like mr. perfect and mr. know-it-all.
Damn, you're pretty frustrated. I can't say that you've been very nice at all. You're entitled to you opinions if you think that my comments are stupid. Your replies have been less than stellar. I am not Mr.Perfect and I am not Mr.Know-it-all. I learn something every single day. I learn at work, I learn home, I learn on MAX (as hard as that may be to believe), I learn on the street and I learn at the track. I make an effort to talk AND listen.

I said you were irresponsible. I never said you were stupid; that you can prove without my help.

/// M3NTAL Kev

Old 10-27-2003, 04:53 PM   #60
Mikester
7th Gear Member

yeah i was nice until some ****ers started posting bullshit and until you started asking questions that i answered 500 times but still dont get. you can call me whatever you want, i dont care anymore. you were just "assuming" the whole thread without strong facts.
atleast your last post was decent

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: