Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-21-2003, 08:48 PM   #16
Mikester
7th Gear Member
 
Mikester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,984
Send a message via ICQ to Mikester
aiight
ill probably pick them up this weekend
Mikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 01:42 AM   #17
paradiseV.I.P
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: toronto
Posts: 4
yo man what is this u saying yo u saying u race with cops where yo got that from bridgen you feel like wanna show off gotta act up with a better story still cause not to many fool gone believe that siht u know what i am saying so u should change that story to a more believeable one
paradiseV.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 01:47 AM   #18
paradiseV.I.P
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: toronto
Posts: 4
kk
paradiseV.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 02:20 AM   #19
Mikester
7th Gear Member
 
Mikester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,984
Send a message via ICQ to Mikester
yo dont get involved in this and shut the **** up
i like to live my life to the fullest and take chances. and i wouldnt have a reason to lie.
i posted it here cause some people may find this story interesting because it doesnt happen too often.
plus whats so unbelievable???

Last edited by Mikester; 10-22-2003 at 02:37 AM.
Mikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 02:38 AM   #20
Mikester
7th Gear Member
 
Mikester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,984
Send a message via ICQ to Mikester
its funny how you idiots have nothing to say and still post for no reason
Mikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 01:10 PM   #21
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Stance
Posts: 12,754
So this is what's wrong with the school system.
__________________

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 02:06 AM   #22
M3ntal Kev
3rd Gear Member
 
M3ntal Kev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: 43.76082N - 79.74890W
Posts: 387
Thanks for "living life to the fullest" on public roads.
__________________

/// M3NTAL Kev

M3ntal Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 04:00 PM   #23
Mikester
7th Gear Member
 
Mikester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,984
Send a message via ICQ to Mikester
Quote:
Originally posted by M3ntal Kev
Thanks for "living life to the fullest" on public roads.
hey i said it before and ill say it again, i never do stupid shit around many cars, or especially on regular streets.
whats so wrong about going fast on the highway at night?? NO cars, NO pedestrians.
Mikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 05:35 PM   #24
M3ntal Kev
3rd Gear Member
 
M3ntal Kev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: 43.76082N - 79.74890W
Posts: 387
Quote:
Originally posted by Mikester
hey i said it before and ill say it again, i never do stupid shit around many cars, or especially on regular streets.
whats so wrong about going fast on the highway at night?? NO cars, NO pedestrians.
There is nothing wrong with it except it endangers you and your vehicle.

Before you say, "WTF is it to you whether I smash or not!", let me explain my reasoning. If you do damage to yourself, it impacts every other motorist in Ontario and especially every other BMW enthusiast. It does so because while you're laid out in the hospital, your bills are being paid by insurance and tax dollars. Your written-off car will undoubtedly cause rate groups for BMWs to up.

If you're after a situation where you can explore your car, you might want to consider the 3 local race circuits, which all are pedestrian free and have limited but alert/skilled traffic. The other benefit is that insurance will not cover your mishap at the track, so everyone will not end up paying for it.
__________________

/// M3NTAL Kev

M3ntal Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 07:22 PM   #25
Mikester
7th Gear Member
 
Mikester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,984
Send a message via ICQ to Mikester
Quote:
Originally posted by M3ntal Kev
Your written-off car will undoubtedly cause rate groups for BMWs to up.
[/b]
so you want me to buy a honda?


and why do always people talk about crashing??? just cause i drive fast does not mean ill crash. it just means if i do crash it will be much worse. hey im paying $5,500 a year as a 2nd driver with a G for insurance. WHY? cause im a teenager. i pay for the ****in scratches and dents that people do to my car, and if i let insurance do it, it will go up by a thousand for no reason. what do i need the insurance for then?? the gov is forcing us to pay these idiots so they make some $$$.IF i crash, id rather crash on a public road and let those ****ers pay every single penny i put into the car. i pay them, they pay me.
trust me, if i had an option of not having insurance, i wouldnt get it, and no one else would be affected if something happens. if i crash and im at fault, then im at fault and im the one who's paying.
and im not one of these woodbridge typical drivers who think theyre montoyas on the 401.

listen man, i dont mind going on the circuits or tracks, but sometimes when i drive at night and the road is empty, its just asking me to go fast. and i dont do it to show off either.

Last edited by Mikester; 10-24-2003 at 07:24 PM.
Mikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 07:45 PM   #26
Mikester
7th Gear Member
 
Mikester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,984
Send a message via ICQ to Mikester
and a big waste of tax money goes for unnecessary stuff, like a dumb police force. if they had better laws and better cops, then maybe id respect the streets more. why the hell do i have to pay $110 for having blue bulbs? i changed them anyways. why do they **** you up for every little thing that doesnt really matter, like "illegal" intake, or "illegal" steering wheel. hell, they can give you a ticket for "illegal" floormats. instead of doing their real job theyre just wasting time so they get their salary.(and about 30% are like this. thats from experience only). so heres a bigger waste of your and my money. and whos payin for trials for every little thing that people get fines for? YOU.

and there are many more things that your tax money goes to. like extra money to the gov. and probably cocaine for the leaders.
so car accidents and hospital bills are not a majority of the money you pay.

youre welcome to argue this, since its only my opinion. (nothing personal)
Mikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 07:59 PM   #27
M3ntal Kev
3rd Gear Member
 
M3ntal Kev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: 43.76082N - 79.74890W
Posts: 387
Quote:
Originally posted by Mikester
so you want me to buy a honda?
Yes. That is exactly what the message of my post was.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mikester
and why do always people talk about crashing??? just cause i drive fast does not mean ill crash. it just means if i do crash it will be much worse. hey im paying $5,500 a year as a 2nd driver with a G for insurance. WHY? cause im a teenager. i pay for the ****in scratches and dents that people do to my car, and if i let insurance do it, it will go up by a thousand for no reason. what do i need the insurance for then?? the gov is forcing us to pay these idiots so they make some $$$.IF i crash, id rather crash on a public road and let those ****ers pay every single penny i put into the car. i pay them, they pay me.
Yes, you pay $5500 dollars because you're a teenager. You also like to cruise at 220km/h and "live life to the fullest" because you're a teenager. There might just be some corelation there.

I agree that the current insurance and repair situation in ON is a lot out of hand. BTW, the insurance company will not pay you every penny you have put into the car unless you have insurance which is based on a revised and agreed upon value.
__________________

/// M3NTAL Kev

M3ntal Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 08:38 PM   #28
M3ntal Kev
3rd Gear Member
 
M3ntal Kev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: 43.76082N - 79.74890W
Posts: 387
Quote:
Originally posted by Mikester
and a big waste of tax money goes for unnecessary stuff, like a dumb police force. if they had better laws and better cops, then maybe id respect the streets more. why the hell do i have to pay $110 for having blue bulbs?
You got the ticket because the bulbs are not legal. It is in the HTA and you have access to read it. Having not read it is not a defence.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mikester
why do they **** you up for every little thing that doesnt really matter, like "illegal" intake, or "illegal" steering wheel. hell, they can give you a ticket for "illegal" floormats. instead of doing their real job theyre just wasting time so they get their salary.(and about 30% are like this. thats from experience only). so heres a bigger waste of your and my money. and whos payin for trials for every little thing that people get fines for? YOU.
I agree that there is a bit of a "witch hunt" going on right now. What you haven't addressed is how we got to this state. Did the establishment just wake up one day and decide that these items are a nuisance? Nope. It took irresponsible people to get us to this point. The "kills", the racing, the general disregard for safety has brought us to this point. You maintain that you're a safe driver. What advanced driver training have you particpated in? What skill sharpening motorsports have you participated in that make you any better than the middle aged guy on the phone, in the minivan without working brake lights, in the fast lane of the 401?

If you didn't put on the illegal blue bulbs, then you wouldn't be ticketed, and wouldn't have to waste the court's time and tax payer's money.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mikester
and there are many more things that your tax money goes to. like extra money to the gov. and probably cocaine for the leaders.
so car accidents and hospital bills are not a majority of the money you pay.

youre welcome to argue this, since its only my opinion. (nothing personal)
I beg to differ. Have a look at the break-down of your insurance policy for your car. A substantial amount of your policy pays for lost wages and personal injury settlements. These are directly related to accidents.

As for tax dollars, consider OHIP as part of your taxes which pays for medical bills from accidents.

If someone else crashes their car in the middle of the night, injuring the person and destroying the car, who pays the medical bill? Who pays to have the car replaced? If the person is off from work, who pays their wages and mortgage while they recover?
__________________

/// M3NTAL Kev


Last edited by M3ntal Kev; 10-24-2003 at 08:48 PM.
M3ntal Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 12:37 AM   #29
Mikester
7th Gear Member
 
Mikester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,984
Send a message via ICQ to Mikester
hey its illegal but i didnt know
plus they dont harm anyone or anything, so why cant they give a warning
Mikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 07:04 PM   #30
openwheel
Gamite's Lil E34 Bitch
 
openwheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: West Toronto
Posts: 633
Send a message via MSN to openwheel
Mikester;

Did you completely miss the point of Kev's response or are you just upset about the ticket for your "Blue Bulbs". If you had read the packaging that surrounded your bulbs, it would have read something like this. "These bulbs are intended for off-road use or demonstration purposes, please consult your local athorities as to there legality".

Also, Speed is not a result of going as fast as your car can go. Spend a week-end watching some autocrossing or open-class racing at a local track, Study that aspect of driving not just putting the pedal down and staying in the left lane.
openwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.