Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-16-2003, 02:39 AM   #1
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via ICQ to thinair Send a message via MSN to thinair
Just got my Carbonio Intake installed

Well, I bought a Carbonio CAI at Bimmercruise. I tried to install it, but the filter that came in the kit was too large (I have ZKW ellipsoids and washer jets). After a call to Carbonio, I got everything sorted. Another cone filter went in (not cylindrical like the original) and everything fit properly.

It's a really nice intake, it just howls above 5000rpm (like most CAI's). It probably takes longer to relocate the horn then to install the intake.

Anyway, if you're going to buy one, and have washer jets and ZKW's (appearently no fitment issues with the Bosch ellipsoids), let them know so they can send you the proper filter.

And I wouldn't worry too much about water getting to the filter, it's not that low, the filter is behind the rubbing strip/moulding on the bumper, above the brake duct. If your driving around in water that deep, water ingestion may not be your only problem
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 02:55 AM   #2
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Re: Just got my Carbonio Intake installed

Quote:
Originally posted by thinair
.....If your driving around in water that deep, water ingestion may not be your only problem

nice.

That intake sounded awsome loud at the autocross when you gave it. I think the Carbon Fiber resonates the sound more than a alloy intake would.

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 03:21 AM   #3
330DTM
Cinematographer

Send a message via ICQ to 330DTM Send a message via MSN to 330DTM
Congrats!

can you feel a difference on the butt dyno?

Ah well I can't wait to hear it this weekend at auto-x Lean Mean Growling Ultimate Driving Machine
Old 10-23-2003, 11:48 PM   #4
///MsAniTy
6th Gear Member

yea i got one of those too and the sound is amazing but the only thing that made me mad was that the pipe wouldnt fit into the filter for the longest time but it was well work the time for that sound
///MsAniTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 12:05 AM   #5
thinair
moderationistismingly

Quote:
Originally posted by ///MsAniTy
yea i got one of those too and the sound is amazing but the only thing that made me mad was that the pipe wouldnt fit into the filter for the longest time but it was well work the time for that sound
yeah, it's a super tight fit. The other filter I got from them is a bit easier to put on.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
Old 10-24-2003, 10:12 PM   #6
///Milk
BangSentra

Send a message via ICQ to ///Milk Send a message via AIM to ///Milk Send a message via MSN to ///Milk Send a message via Yahoo to ///Milk Send a message via Skype™ to ///Milk
arent u gonna switch the CAI out for the winter?

///Milk

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S
2009 Ford Focus SES Sedan
///Milk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 10:14 PM   #7
thinair
moderationistismingly

Quote:
Originally posted by ///Milk
arent u gonna switch the CAI out for the winter?
No, I'm going to switch vehicles
Old 10-24-2003, 10:58 PM   #8
///Milk
BangSentra

Send a message via ICQ to ///Milk Send a message via AIM to ///Milk Send a message via MSN to ///Milk Send a message via Yahoo to ///Milk Send a message via Skype™ to ///Milk
Quote:
lol...good

///Milk

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S
Old 10-24-2003, 11:39 PM   #9
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
are you going to do some more 540's like last year?

haha..i love the intake sound esp with your exhaust! too bad it comes on so high though, why is that? and why does vlads come on lower and more like..steadier, yours is quiet, it gets there, then at 5k its loud as a mofo?

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 02:14 AM   #10
98323IS
6th Gear Member

Somebody buy mine it has been used for like 2 days!!!!!!
98323IS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 05:20 AM   #11
thinair
moderationistismingly

Quote:
Originally posted by E46_lover
are you going to do some more 540's like last year?

haha..i love the intake sound esp with your exhaust! too bad it comes on so high though, why is that? and why does vlads come on lower and more like..steadier, yours is quiet, it gets there, then at 5k its loud as a mofo?
I'm going for 720's this year

My intake noise only kicks in at 5000rpm because I have it wired to a vtech controller, at exactly 5000rpm the vtech controller disconnects my cd changer input and connects a microphone I have in the mass airflow sensor to my stereo's head unit, then it diverts all the sound to six 2-way mid/high speakers I keep in the engine bay. That is the reason why my intake is loud. My next project is to get a blow off valve sample sound on a cd and have it go through those same 6 speakers whenever I let off the gas (it'd be connected with a boost controller to my throttle position sensor), so I can trick people into thinking I have a turbo.
Old 10-25-2003, 01:02 PM   #12
330DTM
Cinematographer

Send a message via ICQ to 330DTM Send a message via MSN to 330DTM
Quote:
I'm going for 720's this year

My intake noise only kicks in at 5000rpm because I have it wired to a vtech controller, at exactly 5000rpm the vtech controller disconnects my cd changer input and connects a microphone I have in the mass airflow sensor to my stereo's head unit, then it diverts all the sound to six 2-way mid/high speakers I keep in the engine bay. That is the reason why my intake is loud. My next project is to get a blow off valve sample sound on a cd and have it go through those same 6 speakers whenever I let off the gas (it'd be connected with a boost controller to my throttle position sensor), so I can trick people into thinking I have a turbo.
Thanks Thinair! Now I understand how true CAI's function. I always thought those vtech controllers would come in handy for us Bimmer heads
Old 10-25-2003, 01:24 PM   #13
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

guys, for the record it's VTEC.... not vtech (the cordless phones). --- although sometimes I wonder!

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 04:40 PM   #14
///Milk
BangSentra

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/show...threadid=23238 go here Thinair
when u plan on getting a REAL turbo tho?
BTW i got a VTECH.....phone

///Milk

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S
Old 10-31-2003, 10:12 PM   #15
SpudBoy
Couped up

Send a message via ICQ to SpudBoy
Would the Carbonio CAI fit under the hood of the shoe?

SpudBoy
'99 M Coupe - Imola/Imola
Signature Pictures by Alezone

original BMW parts

To mod or not to mod? That is the question
SpudBoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: