Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-05-2003, 07:44 PM   #1
FastM3
is dreaming of ///M's

Unhappy Cali M3 meet turned sour! :(

I just read about this and it's spreading from BMW forums like a virus. Just makes everyone get chills...

DRIVE SAFELY GUYS!!!

There was a M3 meet in Cali (yesterday I believe) and this is a post from one of the guys that was there.

"On the Santiago run, the Immola Red M3 spun out of control, flipped upside down, and one person died. no joke, his name was James. he burned to death because he was wedged in the back. this was a result of the driver going way over 100mph on a semi-sharp turn and gravel chipped his car. the front passenger survived with no injuries, but the driver lost his car, and he is badly cut/bruised.

Here is my perception of what happened:

I was in Scott's car (the guy with the E46 328i) and we were going about 60 and when we turn that corner, we see a mountain of flames. I was saying to myself please dont let it be one of the M's. when we got closer to the scene, i saw the M rim, and I saw that it was the Immola Red M3. I jetted out of the car, and started running towards the car, I hear some guy screaming for help, then when I get closer to the car, I hear three pops so I backed off. then the screaming from James ended. I knew that his life was over. there was nothing that anyone could do.

One of the guys is another M3 say his best friend burn to death, it wasnt a pretty site. There were a total of 4 E46 M3's , 1 burned down, 1 passed them up, and 2 stayed behind and helped out.

Then a whole bunch of motorist from both sides of traffic stopped their cars, and began helping out. one lady in a red civic hb had her window rolled down and said "thats what you ****ers get for street racing" everyone tried to call 911, but it was giving us the busy signal. and finally someone got through.

After Scott called 911, some guy in a truck comes up to the silver E46 M3 and asks "whose car is this" and then Socal M3 was on his cell phone, and says "its mine" and then the guy said "well come over here and sit on the curb, your being detained" after that, he busts out his badge. and then one passer by said "your a cop, thank god" and thats when me, scott, and the two guys in the TI's said **** it, we dont want to get involved, so we turned around and left, coz we couldnt handle **** like that.

I think the reason why this happened was that the guy in the Immola Red M3 wanted to beat the SMG Black M3, we all knew that he wasnt going to do it, the SMG M3 was just too fast, but then this guy was so determined to beat him, and he just couldnt do it, which resulted in him causing him to lose his car, someone else's life, and putting someone else in jeopardy.

Its obvious that the guy in the Immola Red is going be in jail these are some of the reasons why:

1. Street Racing (felony)
2. 1st Degree Murder (life in prison w/ or w/o parole)
3. Speeding
4. Exceeding 100 mph (felony)
5. Endangering Passengers

I dont know much more about it, but I think that everyone who attended this meet, should find out when the funeral services are, and to attended, its the least that we can do, considering that most people dont know who he is, but he didnt deserve this, to end his life at an early age.

This meet wouldnt have ended if everyone went on the run as a group, instead of running red lights, and speeding and cutting people off. we were broken up 3-4 different groups. and scorp didnt have his cell # on the directions which he should have done, so that we can tell him to wait so that everyone can catch up. another thing is that one of the guys who was in the Immola Red was trying to contact people with the walkie talkies on channel 71 or channel 7, and no one was answering. Im sure that if we would have gone as a group, not speeding and keeping a straight line throughout the canyon, this would have never happened."

R.I.P. to the guy that died and goodbye to the IR ///M3
FastM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 08:46 PM   #2
SickFinga

2. 1st Degree Murder (life in prison w/ or w/o parole)

1st degree murder?? Yeah ok.
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 08:52 PM   #3
Kurt Schneller
3rd Gear Member

isn't that man slaughter?
and also I am sorry about the guy that died, You'l be racing M's in heaven now my man, secondly, what the ownder of the imola M3 did wasn't maybe right, but we have all done something irresponsible or still will at some time in our lifes (most of usprobably did it while driving) so before we completly judge the guy, lets just keep in mind it can happen with us aswell.

I am sure he feels bad about his friend.
and again, I am not saying what he did was right.

I'l make a better one later...

Last edited by Kurt Schneller; 10-05-2003 at 08:59 PM.
Kurt Schneller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 09:07 PM   #4
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

omg thats ****in sad...hope this never happens to anyone on max...so drive safe guys!!! esp on those country roads with those twisties...

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 11:17 PM   #5
FastM3
is dreaming of ///M's

Sickfinga: Ya I know your right, he obvi won't get 1st degree murder. But those other fines probably will be enforced...and those alone will kill him!
Old 10-05-2003, 11:18 PM   #6
///Milk
BangSentra

Send a message via ICQ to ///Milk Send a message via AIM to ///Milk Send a message via MSN to ///Milk Send a message via Yahoo to ///Milk Send a message via Skype™ to ///Milk
sad to hear that
R.I.P.

///Milk

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S
2009 Ford Focus SES Sedan
///Milk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 02:38 AM   #7
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally posted by Pasta
Sickfinga: Ya I know your right, he obvi won't get 1st degree murder. But those other fines probably will be enforced...and those alone will kill him!
His future all depends on how good his lawyer is.
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 02:50 AM   #8
jeremy
6th Gear Member

that's a very sad story....what a terrible way to die....i hope he's at peace now....R.I.P
jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 03:02 AM   #9
FastM3
is dreaming of ///M's

Quote:
Originally posted by SickFinga
His future all depends on how good his lawyer is.
That's also true!
Old 10-06-2003, 03:12 AM   #10
Soldo
6th Gear Member

GOD DAMN!
is shit like this that bitchh slaps me into reality!
That has got to be a terrible way to die, and RIP to the deceased.
1st degree, impossible, 1st means it was PLANNED with intent, something like that, and like KURT said, we shouldn't be so quick to judge the guy, i'm sure hes having more than a shitty life just cause of what hes conscience is going to do to him!
Old 10-06-2003, 06:04 AM   #11
M50E30
www.bmwclub.ca

Quote:
Originally posted by E46_lover
...hope this never happens to anyone on max...
I'm surprized it hasn't happend yet. How many times you tell everyone to not fu@k around they still do it. Even threats to ban them from maX dosen't work.

BTW - I'm not 100% innocent. Atleast I have the balls to admit I have screwed around. Just wish it would stop before something like this would happen.
Old 10-06-2003, 06:18 AM   #12
Bimmer Heaven
MaXsponsor

R.I.P...hope this never happens again...
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E93 E28 E34 E39 E60 E61 E32 E38 E65 E66 X3 X5 M3 M5 Z4 F30 F32

Etobicoke location now open!!!!

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 70+ cars in stock!
Bimmer Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 01:20 PM   #13
WASABI
OG

That's terrible. Shouldn't have happened, but it seems like the driver of the M3 lost control (self and car).
WASABI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 01:27 PM   #14
FastM3
is dreaming of ///M's

Quote:
Originally posted by WASABI
That's terrible. Shouldn't have happened, but it seems like the driver of the M3 lost control (self and car).
That's exactly what happened.
Old 10-06-2003, 06:53 PM   #15
Kurt Schneller
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i
GOD DAMN!
is shit like this that bitchh slaps me into reality!
That has got to be a terrible way to die, and RIP to the deceased.
1st degree, impossible, 1st means it was PLANNED with intent, something like that, and like KURT said, we shouldn't be so quick to judge the guy, i'm sure hes having more than a shitty life just cause of what hes conscience is going to do to him!
Thanx for supporting what I said

I'l make a better one later...
Kurt Schneller is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: