Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-02-2003, 06:55 AM   #31
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dtthiaga
I'd like to see the proof behind this statement.... personally, I'd rather be in newer RSX than an older BMW e30 in terms of an accident. There is a lot be said about engineering in terms of energy absorption. The new 5 Series front structure is out of aluminum, but I bet it was engineered to take accidents well. So do a lot of newer cars!

I know Volvo has some amazing crash results, especially in the roof department. It doesn't mean all European cars have superb roof structures in a rollovers. I heard in Sweden, if a Volvo is an accident near central areas, a Volvo crash team flies out to see how the car fared and gather valuable data.
Engineering safety can only take you so far with a small car. You cant engineer around the Laws of Physics. Bigger = safer, how would an RSX with the highest safety ratings do against a Hummer H2 with lowest safety ratings?
Old 10-02-2003, 01:07 PM   #32
dtthiaga
6th Gear Member

Hummer H2 and RSX is going to be bad. The exact same principles will apply with a Hummer H2 and a BMW 3 Series. The Hummer is going to win. You donít engineer around laws for Physics. You try to combat the laws of inertia. An object in motion will continue to be in motion unless opposed by an opposite force. So, crumple zones and energy absorbent areas help transfer the energy around the main occupant area. That is all you can hope for.

Donít tell me that BMW is going to win when up against a Hummer H2. Itís just not going to happen; there will be serious consequences if the two collide.

A transport truck and a RSX is going to be bad. Well, guess what, a BMW and a transport truck is going to be bad as well. I wouldnít want to be in either situation.

Face it, cars are fragile. You hit a large object, you are going to loose.

2004 Buick Park Avenue
Exterior
Length: 206.8 in. Width: 74.7 in.
Height: 57.4 in. Wheel Base: 113.8 in.
Ground Clearance: 5.5 in. Curb Weight: 3884 lbs

2004 Acura RSX
Exterior
Length: 172.2 in. Width: 67.9 in.
Height: 54.7 in. Wheel Base: 101.2 in.
Ground Clearance: 5.9 in. Curb Weight: 2778 lbs.

2003 BMW 3 Series
Exterior
Length: 176 in. Width: 68.5 in.
Height: 55.7 in. Wheel Base: 107.3 in.
Curb Weight: 3219 lbs.

There isn't a huge difference between the RSX and the BMW.
So, if size is best, why aren't we all driving Buick Park Avenue's????

If you want to compare BMW and Acura, with similar price ranges, take a look at the CL Type S.

2003 Acura CL
Exterior
Length: 192 in. Width: 69.2 in.
Height: 53.3 in. Wheel Base: 106.9 in.
Ground Clearance: 6.2 in. Curb Weight: 3446 lbs.
dtthiaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 02:08 PM   #33
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dtthiaga
Hummer H2 and RSX is going to be bad. The exact same principles will apply with a Hummer H2 and a BMW 3 Series. The Hummer is going to win. You donít engineer around laws for Physics. You try to combat the laws of inertia. An object in motion will continue to be in motion unless opposed by an opposite force. So, crumple zones and energy absorbent areas help transfer the energy around the main occupant area. That is all you can hope for.

Donít tell me that BMW is going to win when up against a Hummer H2. Itís just not going to happen; there will be serious consequences if the two collide.

A transport truck and a RSX is going to be bad. Well, guess what, a BMW and a transport truck is going to be bad as well. I wouldnít want to be in either situation.

Face it, cars are fragile. You hit a large object, you are going to loose.

2004 Buick Park Avenue
Exterior
Length: 206.8 in. Width: 74.7 in.
Height: 57.4 in. Wheel Base: 113.8 in.
Ground Clearance: 5.5 in. Curb Weight: 3884 lbs

2004 Acura RSX
Exterior
Length: 172.2 in. Width: 67.9 in.
Height: 54.7 in. Wheel Base: 101.2 in.
Ground Clearance: 5.9 in. Curb Weight: 2778 lbs.

2003 BMW 3 Series
Exterior
Length: 176 in. Width: 68.5 in.
Height: 55.7 in. Wheel Base: 107.3 in.
Curb Weight: 3219 lbs.

There isn't a huge difference between the RSX and the BMW.
So, if size is best, why aren't we all driving Buick Park Avenue's????

If you want to compare BMW and Acura, with similar price ranges, take a look at the CL Type S.

2003 Acura CL
Exterior
Length: 192 in. Width: 69.2 in.
Height: 53.3 in. Wheel Base: 106.9 in.
Ground Clearance: 6.2 in. Curb Weight: 3446 lbs.
I was trying to say that with all things being equal a heavier BMW will be safer than a lighter smaller RSX. But that isnt what this thread is about anyway
Old 10-02-2003, 07:18 PM   #34
Military
1st Gear Newbie

omg half of you guys donlt know what your talking about
328is is crazy man, don;t just look at the weight and hp, its not only that, its how the car was made, i have a 98 328is, and i will beat almost anything in the streets,

KILL LIST INCLUDES:
rsx-s,
mustange gts,
camaro ss,
wrx, talon,
type r,
si-r,
preludes.
s2000

these r just a few of the cars iv raced AND BEAT. i have raced rsx-s about 3 times, and killed it every single time by about a car lenght, my engin is stock too,

a mustange gt has 280 hp, and wight is about the same as me, i beat that , s200 has 280 hp vtech engin weighs like 500 lbs less then me and it still lost,

TRUST ME PPL, ITS NOT JUST THE HP, ITS WHOS DRIVING, AND HOW THE CAR WAS MADE, YOU CAN'T MESS WITH GERMAN ENGINEERING.
Military is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 07:22 PM   #35
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Military
omg half of you guys donlt know what your talking about
328is is crazy man, don;t just look at the weight and hp, its not only that, its how the car was made, i have a 98 328is, and i will beat almost anything in the streets,
rsx-s,
mustange gts,
camaro ss,
wrx, talon,
type r,
si-r,
preludes.

s2000

these r just a few of the cars iv raced. i have raced rsx-s about 3 times, and killed it every single time by about a car lenght, my engin is stock too,

a mustange gt has 280 hp, and wight is about the same as me, i beat that , s200 has 280 hp vtech engin weighs like 500 lbs less then me and it still lost,

TRUST ME PPL, ITS NOT JUST THE HP, ITS WHOS DRIVING, AND HOW THE CAR WAS MADE, YOU CAN'T MESS WITH GERMAN ENGINEERING.
lol, yeah sure. Type R is faster than an RSX-S, and an s2000 is faster than both. WRX will own a 328 too. New mustang GT's (5 speed non convertable) are faster than a 328 also.

If you raced the RSX-S up to 100 km/h then yes you will beat it up to there, but after say bye bye because all you will see is its rear end. 328is is too heavy.
Old 10-02-2003, 08:52 PM   #36
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

328 and rsx-s/itr do the same times stock..if anything rsx-s is faster..and is still fast on the hwy...do wat rolled out did and end up hitting 14.1 with chip and intake...yes bmw is safer and more luxurious..but if ur into having the fastest car non of that shit matters...

mkgino give it a break already...lol every 328is vs something u are here

whoeever posted before mkgino...u made me laugh so hard i had to piss, u cant beat almost any car on the street..moron, ill line up 100 cars u think u can beat and it will smoke u so hard u wont know wat hit u. 328 are fast...but not 1/4mile cars...the car max can do 14.8 at the strip...thats wat type-r does...rsx-s does like 14.5

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction

Last edited by Jon@Bimmersport; 10-02-2003 at 08:54 PM.
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 11:08 PM   #37
UncleJ
Average Homeboy

Quote:
Originally posted by E46_lover
328 and rsx-s/itr do the same times stock..if anything rsx-s is faster..and is still fast on the hwy...do wat rolled out did and end up hitting 14.1 with chip and intake...yes bmw is safer and more luxurious..but if ur into having the fastest car non of that shit matters...

mkgino give it a break already...lol every 328is vs something u are here

whoeever posted before mkgino...u made me laugh so hard i had to piss, u cant beat almost any car on the street..moron, ill line up 100 cars u think u can beat and it will smoke u so hard u wont know wat hit u. 328 are fast...but not 1/4mile cars...the car max can do 14.8 at the strip...thats wat type-r does...rsx-s does like 14.5
RSX-S cannot do a 14.5 stock.

The fastest recorded Type S time EVER is 14.8

Maxbimmer gangbang.. cmon peoples!!! throw some high fives, slap dinks together and take turns!!
UncleJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 05:44 AM   #38
g328m
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by theblue
I have driven both and the RSX-S will smoke a 328 in both acceleration and cornering.
I don't think so. I used to drive a 328is stock and race the S a few time. We hit even everytime. Either ona roll or at stop. The rsx S looses the torque but the Bmw looses on the weight. It's a very close race depending on the driver.
g328m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 05:58 AM   #39
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by UncleJ
RSX-S cannot do a 14.5 stock.

The fastest recorded Type S time EVER is 14.8
Wrong, chip and an ECU reprogram, and they are running E36 M3 times. Ask Rolled_Out
Old 10-05-2003, 06:00 AM   #40
UncleJ
Average Homeboy

Quote:
Originally posted by mkgino
Wrong, chip and an ECU reprogram, and they are running E36 M3 times. Ask Rolled_Out
That's not stock though, is it.

If you're referring to Hondata #4, it does not give them low 14 in the 1/4. Trust me, I've been on www.clubRSX.com for over a year and have seen what they can or can't do.

Maxbimmer gangbang.. cmon peoples!!! throw some high fives, slap dinks together and take turns!!
UncleJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 06:33 AM   #41
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by UncleJ
That's not stock though, is it.

If you're referring to Hondata #4, it does not give them low 14 in the 1/4. Trust me, I've been on www.clubRSX.com for over a year and have seen what they can or can't do.
Yeah you are right, sorry. They dont do low 14's wiht the Hondata #4 and the intake, they do high 13's

Go out and race one, you will be surprised at how many car-lengths it puts on you.

E36 328 is too heavy, never mind an E46.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 13s.jpg (29.8 KB, 303 views)

Last edited by mkgino; 10-05-2003 at 06:36 AM.
mkgino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 07:48 AM   #42
SickFinga

Military, racing cars that are parked does not count, sorry.
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 07:49 AM   #43
SickFinga

btw heavy, does not mean safe. I'd rather hit a wall in a Civic than in a pick up truck.

Last edited by SickFinga; 10-05-2003 at 07:51 AM.
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 03:39 PM   #44
Military
1st Gear Newbie

I DONN'T CARE what you say,
all i know is that a 328is can kill rsx any day,

and btw all the cars i raced wanted to race me first, so i donlt think they were parked when i was racing them, idiot.

you donlt listen to me, its not just weight, its how the car was built, go ask a mechanic, then come and talk , 90% of you idiots donmlt know ANYTHING about cars, and you run your f$$king mouth like you know shit,

go learn about cars, and then speak,
I STILL SAY 328IS (SPECIALLY 98 (0-60 6.2 SECS), WILL KILL AN RSX.

http://www.angelfire.com/pa3/ford/performance1.htm

Last edited by Military; 10-06-2003 at 03:42 PM.
Military is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 03:48 PM   #45
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Military
I DONN'T CARE what you say,
all i know is that a 328is can kill rsx any day,

and btw all the cars i raced wanted to race me first, so i donlt think they were parked when i was racing them, idiot.

you donlt listen to me, its not just weight, its how the car was built, go ask a mechanic, then come and talk , 90% of you idiots donmlt know ANYTHING about cars, and you run your f$$king mouth like you know shit,

go learn about cars, and then speak,
I STILL SAY 328IS (SPECIALLY 98 (0-60 6.2 SECS), WILL KILL AN RSX.

http://www.angelfire.com/pa3/ford/performance1.htm
Bwahahah, talking out of your ass.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: