Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-23-2003, 02:05 AM   #16
Soldo
6th Gear Member

NOOOOOOO!
you not understanding me!
lol,
i KNOW that the CSL is BETTER/FASTER, which is what i'm trying to say, BMW always underrates cars, but messes up on ENGINEERING?!?!
NOT LIKELY!!
If they woulf loose THAT much power even at a stop light, i'm sure they'd figure out a BETTER CAI system perhaps a STi STYLE!!
(on the top of the hood, more direct, less time for air to heat up!)
And even if it WAS meant for the track, the PREVIOUS LTW M3 was quicker than the regular M3 even though it too was meant for track use!
Old 09-23-2003, 03:01 AM   #17
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
Wow that STi Spec C sounds badass

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 03:11 AM   #18
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via MSN to thinair
Quote:
Originally posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i
If they woulf loose THAT much power even at a stop light, i'm sure they'd figure out a BETTER CAI system perhaps a STi STYLE!!
(on the top of the hood, more direct, less time for air to heat up!)
And even if it WAS meant for the track, the PREVIOUS LTW M3 was quicker than the regular M3 even though it too was meant for track use!
Keeping in mind that hot air rises, a scoop style intake would still fill with hot air when stopped at a light. I think the foglight area is better. Plus I don't believe that the WRX/STi's suck in air from the scoop, I though the scoop was to just direct air through the top mounted intercooler.

That said, I still don't see the CSL as a track car, it's a street car that is a good base as a track car. It does have rear seat, probably has sound proofing, 6-speed manual isn't even an option.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."

Last edited by thinair; 09-23-2003 at 03:14 AM.
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 08:20 AM   #19
Gscott_80
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to Gscott_80
post removed.

Last edited by Gscott_80; 09-23-2003 at 08:40 AM.
Gscott_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 08:40 AM   #20
Gscott_80
2nd Gear Member

You are trying to compare apples and oranges trying to call one better than the other. Yeah, you can see who has more hp, who pulls higher g's who's laps are quicker, bla bla. But, performance cars are about how you feel when you drive them. That's it. Once in the seat, who gives a flying shit if the Corvette down the ****ing street is going to beat you up the hill. Did you have a good time driving up that hill? Do you feel different once your there? That's why manufacturers make these limited production vehicles. That's why we are all on this damn message board. It's all about the feeling you get from the car. Not about who's faster than who, there is always going to be a faster car, a better handling car, a quicker stopping car. So who cares where one sits in relation to others?
Going on about "well this is this and that one is that.." is the true ricer mentallity. Just shut the **** up and drive.
Old 09-23-2003, 01:41 PM   #21
Soldo
6th Gear Member

What the hell are you talking about?!
Which one is better makes a BIG difference since both cars are DIRECT FAMILY, and one costs a LOT more, and your not paying that extra cash so you 'FEEL' like its a race car!!
lol, so if i rip EVERYTHING outta my car, it'll feel more like a 'performance' car to you?
NOW who sounds like the ricer!
Old 09-23-2003, 06:06 PM   #22
Gscott_80
2nd Gear Member

I don't recall saying anything about ripping anything out of your car.

I have never seen anything from a Manufacturer that is anything close to a race car. Noone has tried to sell a shell with a tube frame and a motor that is almost impossible to drive in daily traffic. Despite what people may say, the CSL is still just a street car, with more fancy options. If they paid no attention to drivability, reliability, or market demands, they certainly could have used more of the parts seen on the gt class touring cars, but, most likely, noone would buy it.
Old 09-23-2003, 09:09 PM   #23
E30ZeRo
2nd Gear Member

their brits, remember the last person to drive a bmw was british, it was prolly this idiot driving http://www.policedriving.com/Videos...Kill_911[1].mpg
E30ZeRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 09:37 PM   #24
SpudBoy
Couped up

Send a message via ICQ to SpudBoy
I have to agree with Gscott_80 on this one.

SpudBoy
'99 M Coupe - Imola/Imola
Signature Pictures by Alezone

original BMW parts

To mod or not to mod? That is the question
SpudBoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: