Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-19-2003, 02:03 AM   #1
carreraboy911
1st Gear Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to carreraboy911
anybody know Dan Pinder from www.gaugeco.com ?

I don't know what happened to this guy, but his reputation went from one of the best to one of the worst.

I bought a set of side skirts, fender flares and the rear apron, some stuff he had in stock, some stuff was on back order but I paid for everything in full including some astronomical shipping charges (close to $200)...

After I got the side skirts and fender flares which were absolutely horrible, cheaply made and did not fit properly, I got slammed with some $90 bill from the US customs. When I contacted Dan he said : "Our website does state "Duty and/or taxes may be charged by customs for importation if a product does not reside in your country..", except that I bought it on ebay where he did not say anything about it...

so now I don't want the rear skirt (which is still on back order after 2 month) , I want a refund and I sent him 3 e-mails during the last 2 weeks, no response

First of all this is a warning for all of you guys, second of all, if anybody knows him personally, what's up with that guy?

his address is:
GaugeCo Automotive Products
985 Gloria Place
Victoria, British Columbia V8Y1L4
Canada

carreraboy911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 03:31 AM   #2
jeremy
6th Gear Member

hmmmmmm....i bought gauges off them years ago....they seemed pretty good then.....thanks for the heads up....can you post a pic of the fender flares ? i asked them to e-mail me some , but they never did.......
jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 03:41 AM   #3
carreraboy911
1st Gear Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to carreraboy911
yeah, I bought the gauges from him for my m3 a year ago and he was great, fast shipping, no hidden charges, but that was then and this is now, NOW HE SUCKS BIG TIME!

I will have some pics of the fender flares next week, the car is in the bodyshop right now, it's gonna get done next week

carreraboy911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 11:43 AM   #4
Miguel
...Delt Smash

Quote:
Originally posted by carreraboy911
yeah, I bought the gauges from him for my m3 a year ago and he was great, fast shipping, no hidden charges, but that was then and this is now, NOW HE SUCKS BIG TIME!

I will have some pics of the fender flares next week, the car is in the bodyshop right now, it's gonna get done next week
Who did he ship with? UPS? FedEX? or Express Post?
You cant buy anything off the net without confirming the shipper and determining shipping charges and stuff first. I learned my lesson when a $15 hat ended up costing me $50 in shipping and brokerage

Thanks UPS.... never again.
Old 09-19-2003, 11:59 AM   #5
Lil'Smoothie

I bought gauges for my 325i off of him a few yrs ago and he was cheap and quick
I bought gauges again, this time for my m3 and he jakced up the shipping by three times what it was before

when ebayers try to rob u on shipping
Old 09-23-2003, 08:40 PM   #6
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
Yea, he takes forever to respond. I decided to cancel my order and get a original Reiger infinity lip

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 01:05 PM   #7
Miguel
...Delt Smash

Just wondering, does anybody know what the Gaugeco reputation is like now? would you still order from them?
Old 10-16-2003, 10:17 PM   #8
DanPinder
1st Gear Newbie

Our direct import program has been very successful; however, the demand caught us off guard and caused our inventory to run out of stock.

Our imports arrive in a single 20-40ft container. Despite guarantees of delivery times, this shipment was delayed beyond our control by both distributor issues and customs delays. This has caused us equal frustration, as the container was due at our warehouse almost 3 months ago.

We have drastically increased our on-hand inventory by over 500% to avoid future stock shortages. Our policy has always been, and will remain, to ship products immediately when in stock.

Recently invoked, is a strong lowest price guaranteed policy. We guarantee the lowest price, to any competitor.

Note that all customers that placed a backorder received an additional 10% off the total. Beyond this, a compensation package is to be issued to those affected by the delay. This includes either a free product, and/or a partial shipping credit.

We have since received a full compliment of new stock, which is being boxed/packaged. All backorders will ship promptly.

I apologize for any delayed response via e-mail. We have recently made the transition to an e-mail ticketing system, which has proved to be problematic at best.

You can e-mail me direct at, danpinder@gaugeco.com

Shipping Charges:

We use Purolator for shipping, who contract to Airborne Express, and sometimes they use other carriers for the US side of shipping. The cost of shipping wings, side skirts, or even front bumpers is generally not that expensive. However, rear bumpers and valences use a much larger box size and have a dimensional weight of about 187lbs. Side skirts have a dimensional weight of only 17lbs, and many front bumpers are only 73lbs in weight.

Larger items like the rear valence are discounted considerably because of this. In this case, the price was only $132.75 for the part alone.

Because of the high volume we ship in, we recently negotiated a shipping contract for rate discounts, which were translated directly to customer costs. The largest benefactor to this contract is Canadian customers, as very cheap domestic shipping prices are available, as an entire body kit can often be shipped for as little as $50.

Returns:

Our return policy is 30 days. We would gladly accept a return of the fender flares. This style of flare is quite popular in Europe.

Below is the picture as requested. This is the same product, however not one of our pictures.

If you have any questions do not hesistate to contact me directly or visit our website at, http://www.gaugeco.com/

Last edited by DanPinder; 10-16-2003 at 10:20 PM.
DanPinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 12:35 AM   #9
jeremy
6th Gear Member

how much for the flares and how soon ?
Old 10-17-2003, 12:40 AM   #10
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

hey are those flares for the e30?

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual-1 of 1 - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:. 1 of 8
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
bmwm5lover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 01:03 AM   #11
jeremy
6th Gear Member

also, were they designed to match up with the rieger gts kit ?

terry, they're for the e30 !
Old 10-17-2003, 02:10 AM   #12
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Dan Pleeease reply my email, I'm bimmer318@notme.com....

Sure you're a nice guy, got a lot of cool parts

I just want my refund
Old 10-17-2003, 03:01 AM   #13
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

sorry its bimmer318@myway.com

Old 10-17-2003, 01:42 PM   #14
Miguel
...Delt Smash

Quote:
Originally posted by BMW_7
Dan Pleeease reply my email, I'm bimmer318@notme.com....

Sure you're a nice guy, got a lot of cool parts

I just want my refund
Can you fill us in on this story? I was really considering ordering from gaugeco but I was worried about their rep.

Also, does anybody know how their products fit? The prices are good, shipping seems good, now all I need to know is fitment.
yay? or nay?
Old 10-17-2003, 05:12 PM   #15
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

No, I honestly believe he's a good guy, I believe that he had some major shortage and the containter didn't come... I just changed my mind, and I want to go with original products.

I am also scared that it won't fit because I got eurostyle's skirts, and they didn't fit at all...I'm scared of fiberglas now.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: