Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Global MaXbimmer
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-19-2003, 01:21 AM   #31
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via ICQ to thinair Send a message via MSN to thinair
Quote:
Originally posted by Autotechnica
Did you swap your control arm bushings to M3 bushings? If so, do you notice if the turn in is better at all?
Slow down, have fun, don't worry about getting a super fast time, worry about your skills, then works about kicking ass. Having fun is what's most important though.

As for the bushings, I installed offset Powerflex bushings, but I haven't auto-x'd my car yet with them. I'll let you know, I know I have more caster now though, it's a lot more noticable when I turn the wheel to the locks.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 04:09 AM   #32
330DTM
Cinematographer

Send a message via ICQ to 330DTM Send a message via MSN to 330DTM
Quote:
Originally posted by Autotechnica

Does anyone know if the auto-x courses can be viewed before the date we participate in the actual Auto-x? I want to look over the course and get a good feel of how the course is run. Rather than just the few min they give you to walk the course before the actual run.

Bry
Think of autocrossing similar to Downhill ski racing. You're only allowed to sideslip the course (i.e. slide sideways down the hill observing the course but not running it). That's the trick of autocross and it gives more competition. It's also similar to rally racing minus the navigator. They don't even get a chance to run the course and rely on notes from the navigator.

I always worry too much about hitting the pilons therefore I often take it caution inbetween pilons on each side, scrubbing unecessary speed off. That's what I need to improve on.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: