Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-01-2003, 02:14 PM   #1
HARTGE_H50!!!
2nd Gear Member

Arrow My best race ever

It was yesterday evening (around 10.15) when I was driving home, I went to drop off my grandma (so no races then, LOL!). But then on the way back...

I was heading for the highway when a guy in a Mercedes SL (not the last new one)passes me by and then made the 90 turn onto the highway, I wouldn't let him go with the idea that he beat an M3 so I floor it and pass him at full speed. (I was already at 230km/h on the highway). I had to go off on the next exit, I looked in my mirror and who was right behind me... yep indeed the SL! Then I knew the race was on, I was driving quite slow on the exit and the guy was following close. Then we were on the main road with two lanes, no traffic, perfect road to race, he tries to pass me on the left (i was on the right lane) and i floored it, we were even and then a bit further the light turned red. he lines up next to me and gave the sign ! I pushed the 'sport' button and disengaged the DSC. First and second I didn't pull very hard on him but in 3rd I suddenly had 2 car lenghts, I always shifted somewhat before redline. Then he gave thumbs up and another light turns red, same story.. After that we did a rolling start from 70-80km/h, we were driving side by side and I gave him the sign again, I heard him downshift and so did I, floored it again, he didn't have any chance, when we were next to eachother the guy was like , .... hehe! This was the best race I've ever experienced. I'm lucky my dad doesn't know about all that, lol ! Just wanted to share this with you all.
M3 all the way !!!
Speeds were exceeding 200km+ where you're allowed to drive 70-90

ps: i wasn't driving my car, but dad's e46 M3
Old 09-02-2003, 01:24 AM   #2
///m powered
dodging pylons

Send a message via AIM to ///m powered Send a message via MSN to ///m powered
aww man hah sounds like fun. ha your dad lets you take out his e46 m3? wow better filll the gas back up when yer done lol
Old 09-02-2003, 04:27 AM   #3
Mitch555
Retired MaXmember!

Re: My best race ever

Quote:
Originally posted by HARTGE_H50!!!
Speeds were exceeding 200km+ where you're allowed to drive 70-90
No offense but going 200+ in a 70-90 zone isn't the smartest thing to do!
Mitch555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 04:33 AM   #4
Soldo
6th Gear Member

Re: Re: My best race ever

Quote:
Originally posted by Mitch555
It sure as hell is in BELGIUM!!
(or anywhere else in europe for that matter, unlike most canadians, they actually know HOW to drive properly!)
Soldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 03:59 PM   #5
HARTGE_H50!!!
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
aww man hah sounds like fun. ha your dad lets you take out his e46 m3? wow better filll the gas back up when yer done lol
Yes, i can drive his M3 whenever I want to if he doesn't need the car. I guess it's because I always wash his car, hehe! But whatever, I enjoy washing beautiful cars. Washed mine again today too .

Quote:
I know that, i'm not stupid (i have been before though...). Now i know what i'm doing. And just FYI there was really nobody on this road, there are concrete blocks in the middle so that you can't be on the wrong side of the road in case you have an accident or whatever. And at every traffic light there's a police radar, fortunately I know where they are exactly, i drive this road like 5 times a day, so i really know where i can go fast and where not. And don't worry, if i knew it's unsafe to do that i wouldn't do it, especially with my dad's car. I would never do this when there's traffic either.

Quote:
It sure as hell is in BELGIUM!!
Thanks for the defence soldo
You ever been in belgium before ?
Although there are a LOT of crazy drivers out here...
Old 09-02-2003, 05:10 PM   #6
Mitch555
Retired MaXmember!

Quote:
I know that, i'm not stupid (i have been before though...). Now i know what i'm doing. And just FYI there was really nobody on this road, there are concrete blocks in the middle so that you can't be on the wrong side of the road in case you have an accident or whatever. And at every traffic light there's a police radar, fortunately I know where they are exactly, i drive this road like 5 times a day, so i really know where i can go fast and where not. And don't worry, if i knew it's unsafe to do that i wouldn't do it, especially with my dad's car. I would never do this when there's traffic either.
Most people who get into an accident or hurt someone while driving also think they were careful and thought knew what they were doing until something bad happened. What if a pedestrian walks out into the road when your doing 200+? They're toast! No matter how often you drive on a road everything changes by the next time you come around to it. Anywhooz... point being, don't hurt or kill anyone and be careful.
Old 09-02-2003, 05:17 PM   #7
HARTGE_H50!!!
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Most people who get into an accident or hurt someone while driving also think they were careful and thought knew what they were doing until something bad happened. What if a pedestrian walks out into the road when your doing 200+? They're toast! No matter how often you drive on a road everything changes by the next time you come around to it. Anywhooz... point being, don't hurt or kill anyone and be careful.
I totally agree with you Mitch, but there's no way a pedestrian can cross that road, or he will be standing in the middle of the road, he cannot get to the other side, i dunno how to explain it, but no pedestrian can crosse this road. But anyway, i see what you mean. There can always be something unexpected, and you can't be careful enough these days. I just wanted to mention that it was just this one time that i went THAT fast, normally i let off around 150-160 or so.
Old 09-02-2003, 08:33 PM   #8
Mitch555
Retired MaXmember!

Quote:
I totally agree with you Mitch, but there's no way a pedestrian can cross that road, or he will be standing in the middle of the road, he cannot get to the other side, i dunno how to explain it, but no pedestrian can crosse this road. But anyway, i see what you mean. There can always be something unexpected, and you can't be careful enough these days. I just wanted to mention that it was just this one time that i went THAT fast, normally i let off around 150-160 or so.
Just be careful and don't get caught speeding by the Police! Since we are on the topic of speeding... How much over the speed limit do you have to go to get your license revoked in Belgium? Down here in Ontario, Canada if we go 60km over the limit we get out license taken away!
Old 09-05-2003, 06:36 PM   #9
HARTGE_H50!!!
2nd Gear Member

here in belgium it's when you're 40km over normally. but also if you have been caught speeding 3 times with 30 km over the limit they also take your license for 15 days, or maybe longer it depends on the circumstances.
Old 09-06-2003, 04:35 PM   #10
e30mpowerd
3rd Gear Member

hi cris

well cris i know u drive so fast but becarful body and for your experince offcourse m3 is very stong car it can reach 100 km in just 5.3 or 5.4 but i think the car u raced is not a sl 500 or 600 but u beat him any way
Attached Images
File Type: jpg e30-sig.jpg (38.3 KB, 23778 views)
e30mpowerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 06:28 PM   #11
HARTGE_H50!!!
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
i think the car u raced is not a sl 500 or 600 but u beat him any way
I'm quite sure it was karim, but like i said: not the newer ones, so definately not sl600
Old 09-08-2003, 01:59 AM   #12
e30mpowerd
3rd Gear Member

drive safe next time

take care next time chris i wounder how police didn't cought u
Old 09-29-2003, 03:46 AM   #13
Crappy Jack
1st Gear Newbie

what is 200km in mph? like 120 or something??

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: