Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Audio/Sound
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-04-2002, 08:27 PM   #1
Lil'Smoothie

Dammit!! My Eurolites are out

I paid 80 bucks for low beams and fogs for my bimmer. They did look pretty good, not cheap at all but apparently they are because the hyper white allready blew out. One fog light went out and one low beam and all I gotta say is WTF? Why would one of each go, so obviously they didn't just get over sued or they'd both go. I went back to the place I got them and they said they'll give me 2 new sets, one for the low beam, one for fogs for their cost price which is 20 bones. What should I do? Go ahead and buy them at cost for now and get better bulbs eventually? Any one had this problem

thanks

Damn Randy I shoulda listened to you and got some good bulbs
Old 04-04-2002, 08:41 PM   #2
Lil'Smoothie

thanks rob

so you think i should give them 40 more bucks tho?
Old 04-04-2002, 09:17 PM   #3
Lil'Smoothie

Rob do they get used often tho?
Old 04-04-2002, 09:47 PM   #4
Lil'Smoothie

thanks
Old 04-04-2002, 11:47 PM   #5
Gamite

I get eurolites for $25 flat.. and they freakin die all the time.. eurolites suck arse.

I'm gonna save up and get myself some HID's.

Last edited by Gamite; 04-05-2002 at 12:48 AM.
Gamite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2002, 11:31 AM   #6
WASABI
OG

Yup, they suck

I bought a set for low beams and fogs too, one of the fogs went out a month later, went back to the store, and I paid another $20 for a new set. I've sent complaints to Toucan Industries and no response.

My brother had it worst, one of the bulbs literally blew up and he had to take apart his headlight to get the broken glass out, he went through about 3 sets and finally gave up.

I think we should file a formal complaint, $20 is on the low end, but $20 equals to $120 after changing it 6 times within 6 months.

Toucan ... take this
WASABI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2002, 01:21 PM   #7
Gamite

I did a 9005 conversion on my friends accord, and they've been working ever since, for some reason, the bulbs don't blow as fast on Honda's. I think its because the headlight housing is much larger and it doesnt get as hot. The housing in BMW headlights is much smaller, and I think its too crammed for these headlights, and they just get too hot and die out.

Gamite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002, 02:13 PM   #8
328power
GAS GUZZLER !!

I have the xenon fusion bulbs for high/low beam...no problem yet ..i have had them for about 6 months....

What is the part number for the E36 fog lights ?

All my light have been changed other than the fog lights....

s.p
Old 04-06-2002, 05:03 PM   #9
SickFinga

I use H1 light bulbs, should they live longer than 900x?
SickFinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002, 08:40 PM   #10
xApster
1st Gear Newbie

The reason they go out /blow up so fast is becuase you touched the bulb or someone did while packing it and you did not first clean it to get the greece off.

If you clean it with some kind of cleaner.. alchol ect they will work for much longer
xApster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2002, 01:50 PM   #11
MP328
Krv Svoju Za Bosnu Moju

Send a message via MSN to MP328
well i had mine in now for more then a year and i drive the car everyday. and never had a problem with either low or high beam.

i had a problem with the fogs but only cuz i put the 100 watt bulbs in wich is too much so it blew the fuse and the bulb. so as gamite and MTRD now i got right now one blue and one stock fog light .

and i paid for each set 25$ so all together 75$
MP328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 08:22 AM   #12
Furious
BMW again.

ive had my car for more than 7 months so my eurolites have been ok for at least that time,, i used to use them in my honda civic before that and never got less than 18 months per set,, i feel there worth the price assuming that you get more than a year out of them,,
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 01:08 AM   #13
MPRESION
5th Gear Member

I had the Eurolites in my car back in September.... the literally blew on me.... twice! Damn things exploded cause a grey resedue in the headlight housing (dealer replaced them under warranty).
MPRESION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 04:14 PM   #14
Tastic
2nd Gear Member

lightbulbs

I've got a set of piaa...don't ask why I bought them. I know they're super overpriced, but I got suckered in.

They've lasted me a year and a half now, so I'm pretty satisfied with them and they're white at night, not blue. It's got a purple hue to it depending on the angle at which you look at it.

In the day, it looks like any other light. kinda yellow.
Tastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 04:21 PM   #15
mike
1st Gear Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to mike
Power rating

Theres not a doubt in my mind why your lights blew out. Simple reason: BMW accepts 55w bulbs. That 55 watts is a maximum value (so dont get a bulb with a higher wattage rating!). Most of these PIAA type fake xenon bulbs are 80w+.

Its important to keep your car in good electrical health
mike is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: