Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-18-2003, 11:34 AM   #1
nzer
4th Gear Member

Please help, major problem

WELL.. to start let me say I raced a Lancer and some kind of Corolla Trueno/Levin.. and beat the lancer and lost to the Levin .. just. Anyway on these launches I got some pretty massive wheel spin.

Now.. everything is fine on the drive home. I go out to play pool later.. happily travelling on the motorway when I hear a slight knocking.. repetitively coming from the back end.. ok.. I back off and roll for a bit.. noise is there but not bad.. change to 3rd and give it some gas.. LOUD knocking.. horrible. Nothing I can do.. when i get to pool i take off the back wheels look for anything knocking or stones.. No luck.. SO i'm left with something that sounds suspiciously like a ****ed diff.. I'm taking it to my mechanic .. Anyone have any ideas of have experianced this before? This is the final straw with this car.. I'm selling it and getting an e36 if its the diff.

Thanks

Andrew
nzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 11:43 AM   #2
nzer
4th Gear Member

I ain't been to mechanics yet.. but i've found a diff from a 323i.. He claimes its LSD.. can anyone verify that?
Old 08-18-2003, 12:27 PM   #3
Furious
BMW again.

im bet you blew your Guibo disk, not too expensive it happens if your really hard on the car (launches and stuff) because its made of rubber.
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 09:32 PM   #4
nzer
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Furious325is
im bet you blew your Guibo disk, not too expensive it happens if your really hard on the car (launches and stuff) because its made of rubber.
well just been to mechanic.. he didn't call it the guibo disk but the doughnut ring.. its probably the same thing. It has blown and is now leaking oil.. which would explain my burning smell that i've been getting..and something is just touching the driveshaft. phewww..not too serious heh.

Only about 200 kiwi dollars to fix (160ish Canadian)
Old 08-18-2003, 10:26 PM   #5
Furious
BMW again.

no guibo disk shouldnt leak anything, (btw- guibo disk is the actual term that BMW mechanics use for the part) it basically connects your tranny to the driveshaft. when it blows, your driveshaft goes all out of wack, glad to know you got it fixed though.
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 11:33 PM   #6
nzer
4th Gear Member

he was talking about a 15 dollar seal that was leaking also

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: