Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-18-2003, 01:50 AM   #1
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

tire pressures

i am just wondering, i know tire pressure is a major factor in the car's handling and performance..so what im wondering is...for normal driving, and the odd drift/off ramp handling skills...wat is the best pressure to set the tires at? my bro has 14" rims i forgot the size..i think 205

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 02:20 AM   #2
windsor318is
Nitrous Junkie!

the tires are probably 195/65/14's if he has the correct tires on them....i believe the proper psi according to the manual is 30psi in the front and 32 in the back
Old 08-18-2003, 03:24 AM   #3
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

thanks man!!

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Old 08-18-2003, 03:26 AM   #4
Soldo
6th Gear Member

Re: tire pressures

Quote:
Originally posted by E46_lover
i am just wondering, i know tire pressure is a major factor in the car's handling and performance..so what im wondering is...for normal driving, and the odd drift/off ramp handling skills...wat is the best pressure to set the tires at? my bro has 14" rims i forgot the size..i think 205
Quit talkin like you know shit and get a G1 FIRST so you can actually DRIVE a car with different tire pressures!
Soldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 03:50 AM   #5
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Send a message via MSN to Autotechnica
29F/32R is the man. recommendation. This setup will produce understeer. To get the most neutral hanlding, I use anything between 31-32 F/R.

The best thing is to drive the car around and just change the tire pressures based on how you drive. Different tire sizes require different tire pressures. Same goes for driving styles.

Bry
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Autotechnica is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 04:24 AM   #6
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Re: Re: tire pressures

Quote:
Originally posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i
Quit talkin like you know shit and get a G1 FIRST so you can actually DRIVE a car with different tire pressures!
not for me asshole..for my bro..i dont need a license to keep my bros car properly set up and maintaned..so whoever else is going to post that, **** OFF

Old 08-18-2003, 05:27 AM   #7
tlaselva
1800+ HP Driveway

Send a message via MSN to tlaselva
Re: Re: Re: tire pressures

Quote:
not for me asshole..for my bro..i dont need a license to keep my bros car properly set up and maintaned..so whoever else is going to post that, **** OFF
Amen.....

2010 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport

2010 GSX-R 750

2003 C5 Z06
LS7 427CI w/ECS Novi 2000 : Caravaggio Widebody and Full Leather & Alcantra Interior
903rwhp/815rwtq : 10.3@152mph
tlaselva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 06:49 AM   #8
BoBimmer
3rd Gear Member

LOL ROCK ON JON!!! Like i have told everyone you are learning everything you can soak up and as soon as you get license and car everybody better watch out cause you are gonna blow up fo' sho' With the baddest car runnin'!

1991 325i(s) MINT!
Automatic (soon to be manual)
2.5L M20 (3.2L M50 ON ITS WAY!! '99 with 28K Miles!)
Bright Red
Stock body (soon to have Reiger E46 kit maybe M-Tech II?)
18" VoXX WHEELS
Stock suspension(OBX COILOVERS and tokico illuminas)
Remus exhaust (headers soon?)
Homemade intake
Indiglo gauges
stock BLAH brown interior leather (soon to have black vaders and all new black interior
Awesome system 2 12" JL W7's JL1000 amp JL 500.4 running 6x9 rear bostons and 61/2 front bostons!

2002 f350 Crew Cab Dually!
AIRBAGS ARE ON NOW!! Rollin' lower than Low_BMW scrapin' up the streets of DFW!! Tucking 22's almost to the center caps!!

2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Just got done adding a 6" lift 20" wheels with offroad Nitto tires! It is fun to take out on a sunday afternoon of rock climbing, or mudding when it rains alott!
BoBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 07:15 AM   #9
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

lol, guys..apparently kev was joking..so hes kool...i guess when ppl give me the license thing it pisses me off

btw, bobimmer..wat were the best tires u had on your 14s?

Old 08-18-2003, 08:28 AM   #10
BoBimmer
3rd Gear Member

The best were Yokohamas!! Still have them too! Man those Yoko's are really good they make a great tire!!

1991 325i(s) MINT!
Bright Red
18" VoXX WHEELS
Homemade intake
Indiglo gauges
stock BLAH brown interior leather (soon to have black vaders and all new black interior
Awesome system 2 12" JL W7's JL1000 amp JL 500.4 running 6x9 rear bostons and 61/2 front bostons!

AIRBAGS ARE ON NOW!! Rollin' lower than Low_BMW scrapin' up the streets of DFW!! Tucking 22's almost to the center caps!!

2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Just got done adding a 6" lift 20" wheels with offroad Nitto tires! It is fun to take out on a sunday afternoon of rock climbing, or mudding when it rains alott!
Old 08-18-2003, 08:29 AM   #11
BoBimmer
3rd Gear Member

P.S. Mine were like the base model yokos! But whatever tires you use have them sithed!!! So much better wet traction! I could drive them on ice even!!

1991 325i(s) MINT!
Bright Red
18" VoXX WHEELS
Homemade intake
Indiglo gauges

2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Old 08-18-2003, 08:35 AM   #12
Gamite

Quote:
Originally posted by Autotechnica
29F/32R is the man. recommendation. This setup will produce understeer. To get the most neutral hanlding, I use anything between 31-32 F/R.

The best thing is to drive the car around and just change the tire pressures based on how you drive. Different tire sizes require different tire pressures. Same goes for driving styles.

Bry
1 or 2 PSI doesnt make much of a diff with 14's man..

btw, I hope you increased your PSI now that u got 17's. apparently its 2psi per inch increase over your stock diameter. so you should be runing like 36/38

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 03:36 PM   #13
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

julian did the E34 come with 14s stock?

Old 08-18-2003, 07:26 PM   #14
Shamis
6th Gear Member

im running 42 up front and 44 in the back... lol
Shamis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 02:11 AM   #15
Gamite

Quote:
julian did the E34 come with 14s stock?