Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Global MaXbimmer
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: how often to meet
every week 7 28.00%
every two weeks 11 44.00%
every three weeks 7 28.00%
every five to six weeks 0 0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-17-2003, 08:06 PM   #16
SpudBoy
Couped up
 
SpudBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Durham Region Ontario
Posts: 2,344
Send a message via ICQ to SpudBoy
SOLDO I'm converted

I can definitely see the benefit of a fixed location, one east end - one west end. They could be jumping points for larger meets similar to the way the west end guys used KK last weekend.

Clearly a fairly large percentage of maX members are interested in meeting up but if the meets are not openly organized and promoted will very many people show up? The last meet was sucessful due to the number of confirmed attendees IMHO. Who didn't want a look at SICLaguna's ride?

Any eastenders in tight with a parking lot owner/leaser? Also location is crucial too.
__________________

SpudBoy
'99 M Coupe - Imola/Imola
Signature Pictures by Alezone

original BMW parts

To mod or not to mod? That is the question
SpudBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 08:23 PM   #17
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Stance
Posts: 12,754
Good idea Spud, we need a set East locale in addition to the admittedly great setup they have at Second Cup in Sauga. The problem is that by nature, lots in Scarborough are generally smaller and older than ones in the more suburby areas. So we would likely have to go way East, like in your area or maybe Pickering if we're lucky. The new lot at Brock/Pickering Parkway will be great, maybe we can talk to them when they open soon.

Just throwing some ideas on the table.
__________________

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 08:25 PM   #18
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor
 
Jon@Bimmersport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 13,779
Quote:
Originally posted by KennyTheGreat
smack dab for the East and West is at Yorkdale Mall....
yup..i agree..but its a walk for terry..lol bastard

every week..maybe sat nites?
__________________

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 09:13 PM   #19
ZiMMie
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: T-Dot
Posts: 9,921
Send a message via ICQ to ZiMMie Send a message via MSN to ZiMMie
hEY SpudBoy When is our next meet??
__________________


www.StanceFactory.com
ZiMMie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 09:17 PM   #20
SpudBoy
Couped up
 
SpudBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Durham Region Ontario
Posts: 2,344
Send a message via ICQ to SpudBoy
Jon: What about the guys that work saturday nights? A set day is an issue. Ok, we've identified most of the problems... now all we need are suggested solutions!

Myst: The lots in Pickering you mentioned look promising. Should probably be close to a coffee shop too.
__________________

SpudBoy
'99 M Coupe - Imola/Imola
Signature Pictures by Alezone

original BMW parts

To mod or not to mod? That is the question
SpudBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 10:56 PM   #21
Soldo
6th Gear Member
 
Soldo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 12,484
Re: SOLDO I'm converted

Quote:
Originally posted by SpudBoy
I can definitely see the benefit of a fixed location, one east end - one west end. They could be jumping points for larger meets similar to the way the west end guys used KK last weekend.

Clearly a fairly large percentage of maX members are interested in meeting up but if the meets are not openly organized and promoted will very many people show up? The last meet was sucessful due to the number of confirmed attendees IMHO. Who didn't want a look at SICLaguna's ride?

Any eastenders in tight with a parking lot owner/leaser? Also location is crucial too.

I knew you'd start to see things my way, we can still have GINOURMOUS meets, but this is just a think for all us maxers to kick back on when theres NOTHING going down!
Soldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 11:05 PM   #22
SpudBoy
Couped up
 
SpudBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Durham Region Ontario
Posts: 2,344
Send a message via ICQ to SpudBoy
Quote:
Originally posted by ZiMMie
hEY SpudBoy When is our next meet??
Zim: I'll be posting details for the next private meet shortly. Keep in mind that bimmercruise is approaching and that is "THE CRUISE OF THE YEAR". I'm awaiting approval for another private meet.
spud plans... a nice cruise/meet.. details will be available on the first post and WILL NOT CHANGE.

Sneek peak: Next private cruise will be a long one... serious roads, serious distance. IT WILL TAKE ALL DAY!!! tease is the key to a good get-together...


569


If your car can't travel 10 hours then get CAA or BMW roadside assistance. This will be a cruise not a meet. Details to follow... stay tuned.


SpudNation II
__________________

SpudBoy
'99 M Coupe - Imola/Imola
Signature Pictures by Alezone

original BMW parts

To mod or not to mod? That is the question
SpudBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 11:12 PM   #23
KennyTheGreat
6th Gear Member
 
KennyTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,870
Send a message via ICQ to KennyTheGreat
Quote:
Originally posted by SpudBoy
Zim: I'll be posting details for the next private meet shortly. Keep in mind that bimmercruise is approaching and that is "THE CRUISE OF THE YEAR". I'm awaiting approval for another private meet.
spud plans... a nice cruise/meet.. details will be available on the first post and WILL NOT CHANGE.

Sneek peak: Next private cruise will be a long one... serious roads, serious distance. IT WILL TAKE ALL DAY!!! tease is the key to a good get-together...


569


If your car can't travel 10 hours then get CAA or BMW roadside assistance. This will be a cruise not a meet. Details to follow... stay tuned.


SpudNation II




bimmerfest?
KennyTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 11:57 PM   #24
SpudBoy
Couped up
 
SpudBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Durham Region Ontario
Posts: 2,344
Send a message via ICQ to SpudBoy
Quote:
Originally posted by KennyTheGreat


bimmerfest?
Nope!

Bimmerfest is Randy and Dave and Kevin's gig.

It the next serious meet.

Plan on a serious CRUISE AFTER THAT. Bimmerfest drew me into maX and to hold private meet near or conflicting would detract from bimmerfest 2003. I don't bite the hand that feeds me... . So a late summer cruise will be the next cruise for me (SpudNation II... stay tuned).
__________________

SpudBoy
'99 M Coupe - Imola/Imola
Signature Pictures by Alezone

original BMW parts

To mod or not to mod? That is the question
SpudBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 11:58 PM   #25
SpudBoy
Couped up
 
SpudBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Durham Region Ontario
Posts: 2,344
Send a message via ICQ to SpudBoy
Re: Re: SOLDO I'm converted

Quote:
Originally posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i

I knew you'd start to see things my way, we can still have GINOURMOUS meets, but this is just a think for all us maxers to kick back on when theres NOTHING going down!
Spud loves "GINORMOUS".
__________________

SpudBoy
'99 M Coupe - Imola/Imola
Signature Pictures by Alezone

original BMW parts

To mod or not to mod? That is the question
SpudBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 01:46 AM   #26
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor
 
Jon@Bimmersport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 13,779
Quote:
Originally posted by SpudBoy
Nope!

Bimmerfest is Randy and Dave and Kevin's gig.

It the next serious meet.

Plan on a serious CRUISE AFTER THAT. Bimmerfest drew me into maX and to hold private meet near or conflicting would detract from bimmerfest 2003. I don't bite the hand that feeds me... . So a late summer cruise will be the next cruise for me (SpudNation II... stay tuned).

no no thats bimmerCRUIZE

cruise to bimmerfest is the thing im organizing basically like an official max cruise all the way to CT, USA for a big bimmer show.
__________________

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 12:12 AM   #27
SpudBoy
Couped up
 
SpudBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Durham Region Ontario
Posts: 2,344
Send a message via ICQ to SpudBoy
Jon: Cut me a little slack... I was really drunk at the time

I'm well aware that bimmer C is not equal to bimmer F.

Ignoramously yours,
Spud
__________________

SpudBoy
'99 M Coupe - Imola/Imola
Signature Pictures by Alezone

original BMW parts

To mod or not to mod? That is the question
SpudBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.