Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Do you drive with your fogs on?
Yes 57 73.08%
No 11 14.10%
Only when there's actually fog 10 12.82%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-19-2003, 01:25 PM   #46
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via ICQ to thinair Send a message via MSN to thinair
Quote:
Originally posted by M3ti Compact
I'm still trying to find out how to get the fogs to stay on when I turn the highbeams on...
There is a relay you can bypass, but keep in mind it is illegal to have more then 4 high powered (+55W) lamps on at anytime on the front of your car. That said Ive considered bypassing that relay also.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Its habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Im Nelson, and Im a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 01:31 PM   #47
Gamite

nelson, were you able to turn your mom's headlights off? I think we can use a relay from an 89 E34, cuz they can turn those lights off. Or a US relay.

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 04:13 AM   #48
sonic07
6th Gear Member

i turn on the fog lights only sometime in the day and all the time in night cuz i hook up the angel eyes to the fog lights infact when lining up at T H ... i just keep the fog light and the angel eyes on.

Pedal To The Metal
sonic07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 10:07 AM   #49
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via ICQ to thinair Send a message via MSN to thinair
Quote:
Originally posted by Gamite
nelson, were you able to turn your mom's headlights off? I think we can use a relay from an 89 E34, cuz they can turn those lights off. Or a US relay.
Not that I know of, I was under the impression that the DRL was hardwired into a board somewhere in our cars, but Ill look into that 89 relay thing when I get back into town.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Its habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Im Nelson, and Im a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 01:13 PM   #50
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Send a message via MSN to Autotechnica
Quote:
Originally posted by thinair
Not that I know of, I was under the impression that the DRL was hardwired into a board somewhere in our cars, but Ill look into that 89 relay thing when I get back into town.
Nelson, let me know if you suceed. I would also like to turn my headlights off.

Thanks!

Bryan
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Autotechnica is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 01:52 PM   #51
westside
1st Gear Newbie

well i just got the new chrome FK fog lights fitted to my baby so i leave them off

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: