Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-11-2003, 02:13 PM   #1
sjinto
3rd Gear Member

Arrow servicing the benz

alright this is my first non-bimmer post... i have no real issues when it comes to servicing my ride (the bmw) but when it comes to the other family rides (benz s320) i feel like we constantly get screwed by the $tealer (all mercedes dealerships seem to screw their customers on service issues - crazy labour hours for straightforward work)

anybody here take their benz for service other than at the dealer?...or anybody recommend an "honest" merc dealership for service?

thanks
sjinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 02:51 PM   #2
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

openwheel works at the one on jarvis..pm him and see whats up

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 03:07 PM   #3
sjinto
3rd Gear Member

openwheel u got a PM

hopefully he gets it...thanks
Old 08-11-2003, 03:08 PM   #4
HooliGaN*
GILF HUNTER

Send a message via ICQ to HooliGaN* Send a message via MSN to HooliGaN*
garden motor in burlington is pretty deecent thats where we always bring our cars
they also give you a free loaner for the time your cars in the shop
we once got an amg c32 and that is when i lost my virginity

haha there not bad
but thats mayb cause were still under waranty

Julian
HooliGaN* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 03:19 PM   #5
sjinto
3rd Gear Member

thanks
is this them??

Garden Motorcar (1994) Inc Phone: (905)523-5557

181 Plains Road West, Burlington, ON L7T 1G1
Old 08-12-2003, 03:01 AM   #6
Quack
Wheelman

Send a message via MSN to Quack
what do you need to know, I'm a tech at a MB dealer, and why do you think Benz dealers aren't honest, you think that any car dealer is honest, according to most of the customers they think that BMW dealers treat them like ass more than anyone else, same with Audi & Volkswagon.

Maxbimmer Drama, You Gotta Love It

Last edited by Quack; 08-12-2003 at 03:06 AM.
Quack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 03:57 AM   #7
BoBimmer
3rd Gear Member

Quack seriously the "Volkswagon" dealership treats them badly? No way that is such a large company! LMAO! Just messin' with you. You can Spell Volkswagen however you want!

1991 325i(s) MINT!
Automatic (soon to be manual)
2.5L M20 (3.2L M50 ON ITS WAY!! '99 with 28K Miles!)
Bright Red
Stock body (soon to have Reiger E46 kit maybe M-Tech II?)
18" VoXX WHEELS
Stock suspension(OBX COILOVERS and tokico illuminas)
Remus exhaust (headers soon?)
Homemade intake
Indiglo gauges
stock BLAH brown interior leather (soon to have black vaders and all new black interior
Awesome system 2 12" JL W7's JL1000 amp JL 500.4 running 6x9 rear bostons and 61/2 front bostons!

2002 f350 Crew Cab Dually!
AIRBAGS ARE ON NOW!! Rollin' lower than Low_BMW scrapin' up the streets of DFW!! Tucking 22's almost to the center caps!!

2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Just got done adding a 6" lift 20" wheels with offroad Nitto tires! It is fun to take out on a sunday afternoon of rock climbing, or mudding when it rains alott!
BoBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 02:26 PM   #8
STALKER
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to STALKER
My family owns 5 Benzes, and thats between my parents alone. I use to own a SLK. We service all our cars at Gardner in Burlington. Great service, its the only place I have ever felt totally secure in leaving my car there and not worrying about it. I was very skeptical about buying a M3 after my SLK because we have had them in the past and the service was ass, so far no complaints about Parkview really. But Gardner is great. Ed and Carlo in service are both great guys.

2008 AW/FR E90 M3
//RAC RG63//Volk TE37//AP Racing BBK//Akrapovic Exhaust//Dinan SW//Dinan Intake//JRZ RS1 Coilovers//Dinan Monoball Control Arm Bearings//VRS Diffuser//
STALKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 05:29 PM   #9
sjinto
3rd Gear Member

OK i've come to the conclusion (for now) that MB dealers aren't crooks after all.... sure they're expensive but that's a given...

here's the issue:
my last 3 trips to service the 97 S320 have costed over $1200 each... either the car is a lemon or just very costly to maintain at its current stage (approx 190000km)

new tie rods, new control arms, transmission control problems (twice) (total over $2200), new fuel pump... WTF - i didn't expect this shit from a benz

my bimmer's a 97 also...about 180000 kms - no real issues with that

the old man can't be driving it that hard?
it may be time for the MB to go - replace it w/ a lexus or a bimmer

Quote:
Originally posted by Quack
what do you need to know, I'm a tech at a MB dealer, and why do you think Benz dealers aren't honest, you think that any car dealer is honest, according to most of the customers they think that BMW dealers treat them like ass more than anyone else, same with Audi & Volkswagon.
Old 08-12-2003, 06:38 PM   #10
sjinto
3rd Gear Member

do you have their number?

Quote:
Originally posted by STALKER
My family owns 5 Benzes, and thats between my parents alone. I use to own a SLK. We service all our cars at Gardner in Burlington. Great service, its the only place I have ever felt totally secure in leaving my car there and not worrying about it. I was very skeptical about buying a M3 after my SLK because we have had them in the past and the service was ass, so far no complaints about Parkview really. But Gardner is great. Ed and Carlo in service are both great guys.
Old 08-12-2003, 07:25 PM   #11
STALKER
6th Gear Member

yuppers, 905-523-5557. The service advisors are either Carlo or Ed. I usually deal with Ed. My last name is Derakshan, if you mention it there they will know who sent you. LOL. I got all access down there, its the best. I walk in the back, take keys off the board, go out crusin in new cars with the techs. Great bunch of guys down there. Good luck.

2008 AW/FR E90 M3
//RAC RG63//Volk TE37//AP Racing BBK//Akrapovic Exhaust//Dinan SW//Dinan Intake//JRZ RS1 Coilovers//Dinan Monoball Control Arm Bearings//VRS Diffuser//
Old 08-12-2003, 07:39 PM   #12
sjinto
3rd Gear Member

Unhappy

thanks....hope these guys can help - dealer just told me the car needs a new tranny - 3600 incl labour

is this place an authorized MB dealer/service shop??

Quote:
Originally posted by STALKER
yuppers, 905-523-5557. The service advisors are either Carlo or Ed. I usually deal with Ed. My last name is Derakshan, if you mention it there they will know who sent you. LOL. I got all access down there, its the best. I walk in the back, take keys off the board, go out crusin in new cars with the techs. Great bunch of guys down there. Good luck.
Old 08-12-2003, 09:19 PM   #13
STALKER
6th Gear Member

They are an MB dealer. I was actually there like 15 minutes ago. Ed is going to be on vacation next week, so Carlo can help you out.

2008 AW/FR E90 M3

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: