Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-06-2003, 04:08 PM   #1
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via ICQ to thinair Send a message via MSN to thinair
Talking I got beat by a civic

It was pretty funny, every once in a while I like to push it when someone next to me floors it. I got off the 404 at Green Lane (where the 404 end) and I see a black Civic hatchback, the model before the newest model, gunmetal rims, and a very subtle body kit. Anyway, the light goes green, we slowly turn left onto Green Lane and then gun it.....well, he slowly pulled on me, but by the time he was in 3rd he was a few car lengths ahead of me.

We got to the next stop light, I congratulated him, we talked until the light went green, appearently he had a type-r engine dropped into it, but he didn't get into detail of other mods because the light turned green. No attitude from this guy at all, no bullshit, just another car enthusiast.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 04:14 PM   #2
Soldo
6th Gear Member

ya, even a stock type r engine in one of those LIGHT BASTARDS and he'll do some surprising numbers in the 1/4mile!!
Thos things weigh so little its not a surprise they're quick!
Old 07-06-2003, 05:14 PM   #3
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

ya..i dont see why people cant realize civic owners arent all stuck up stupid ricers

a civic with a B20 (CRV engine) was head to head with sickfinga all the way down sickfinga was giving it too but couldnt pass him...

i'd still rather take ur 328 over a civic with type-r motor though haha

nice run!

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 05:23 PM   #4
SickFinga

thinair, hmmm he told me it was CRV engine. It was the same civic that i raced at Bayview and Soufville. Black with gunmetal rims.
1st race, I screwed up on the launch, since i had no clue we were racing and i didn't expect civic to pull. But i was catching up to him and was on his ass wanting to go faster.
2nd race was from 60 to 120, we were bumper to bumper.

Last edited by SickFinga; 07-06-2003 at 05:32 PM.
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 05:29 PM   #5
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

most likely he had a type-r engine or B20..whichever one..i know they pull low 14s, maybe high 13s

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 07:27 PM   #6
///MsAniTy
6th Gear Member

Yea there is a few civics that will surprise allot of ppl out there. but its mostly not there guys who r showin off n shit
///MsAniTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 06:37 AM   #7
skillton
3rd Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to skillton
heh some civics are pretty fast, its usually the ones done tastefully that are fast
Old 07-07-2003, 08:17 PM   #8
///Milk
BangSentra

Send a message via ICQ to ///Milk Send a message via AIM to ///Milk Send a message via MSN to ///Milk Send a message via Yahoo to ///Milk Send a message via Skype™ to ///Milk
heh..sorta liek that video of a civic beating a viper

///Milk

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S
2009 Ford Focus SES Sedan
///Milk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 02:49 PM   #9
SeRb
Don't shrink me Gypsy!

Quote:
Originally posted by ///Milk
heh..sorta liek that video of a civic beating a viper
i think the guy in the viper had no idea what he was doing. . .
he didnt know how to launch and he had so much damn wheelspin at the start of the race. . .
did u see the end how he ****en catches up to him
SeRb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 02:20 AM   #10
Peter1998
3rd Gear Member

there is a shop in green lane.. mod a lot of those civic.. . some have 196 hp on wheel.. (NA engine) with 1/4 mile high 12 sec...
Peter1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 05:54 PM   #11
M3_MadBimmer
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to M3_MadBimmer
YEAH THE civic - viper race...you can tell the civic racer was good, but the viper guy was another DUMBASS with lots of money....he was shifting gears way to fast which resulted in low RPM's, and much much less horspower.....AM I RIGHT, OR AM I RIGHT??
Old 07-24-2003, 02:15 PM   #12
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Send a message via MSN to Autotechnica
Pretty sure the guy in the Viper had way too much wheel spin. If he got a good launch, the civic may not have been so lucky.

Most civic owners I know or have met are assholes. Only the ones who drive bone stock looking civics w/ crazy mods (sleeper) are nice. If anyone knows Chris (red SiR) or Tony (green GS-R, blue Camry, red EL) they are real nice guys and true car enthusiasts.

Try driving in Richmond Hill or Markham. Any guy with a civic that spots a modded car will try to ran him/her. He won't be satisfied till he beats you or at least cuts you off, pure assholes.

Bry
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Autotechnica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 02:25 PM   #13
330DTM
Cinematographer

Send a message via ICQ to 330DTM Send a message via MSN to 330DTM
Quote:
Originally posted by Autotechnica

Most civic owners I know or have met are assholes. Only the ones who drive bone stock looking civics w/ crazy mods (sleeper) are nice. If anyone knows Chris (red SiR) or Tony (green GS-R, blue Camry, red EL) they are real nice guys and true car enthusiasts.

Try driving in Richmond Hill or Markham. Any guy with a civic that spots a modded car will try to ran him/her. He won't be satisfied till he beats you or at least cuts you off, pure assholes.

Bry
Yup, Chris is totally a cool guy and I respect his SiR and Tony's rides.

Anyways there are also some Subaru owners who can be assholes as well, as told by my friend who beated one of them in a race and they later tried to box him in, harassing him. Sore losers if you ask me...

In other words this applies to anyone with a big ego with any kind of car
Old 08-05-2003, 09:28 PM   #14
jonathanm5
1st Gear Newbie

It's really impresive what some of those little damn things can do. I haven't personally met a guy that has a really fast honda. Down here, you see overdone fashion statements and coffee cans all over the place. I still stick to American and European machinery though...hehehehehe
Old 08-06-2003, 04:22 PM   #15
twboy1999
5th Gear Member

my friend has a 92-93 old civic hatchback,, is pretty damn fast,,, the car is so light,,, but it is loud as hell
twboy1999 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: