Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-28-2003, 05:13 PM   #1
MiniMan7
2nd Gear Member

What's the fastest turn you've ever taken and learned to talk about?

Last night, while coming home from the beach, I took a turn doing around 65km/h. At first I could feel the back tires start to swerve out, but then the DSC (Dynamic Stability Control) kicked in and I hugged the turn nicely and was even able to stay on my side of the road. It was crazy.

-Adam
MiniMan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 05:29 PM   #2
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
I'm not sure what my fastest turn is, but the craziest was in my kitcar going around a cloverleaf at 180+km/h. I was racing a mitsubishi eclipse (or 3000gt, I honestly forget since it was many years ago now), and we both exited at warden after racing westbound on the 401. I was in the lead, and took the outer lane (Since I wanted to turn left on warden), and the mitsu took the inside lane. i took the turn so hard that I litterally hit my head against the glass on my door. The mitsu took it just as hard because I saw a bit of smoke, and then the next thing I know, I see his rear end coming at me!
Freaking out, I sped up, and moved over to the shoulder a bit as I watched him almost do a 360, and then drive off the road into a huge ditch by the bridge at warden!
I got out and saw that his car had completely flipped when it crashed down the hill, and I quickly called 911 from my buddy's house that night to report the accident, but was told people were already there on scene. I never did find out what the outcome was though.

'94 Supercharged E36 325is (150,000 original km's)
Mods
-Vortech V9 G-Trim @ ~10psi w/ BOV
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-TEIN SS Coilovers w/ Pillowball mounts
-Keskin KT1 17x8.5 & 17x10
-Remus full catback
-Authentic Rieger Infinity I body kit
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 05:57 PM   #3
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

eoing northbound on the 400, the 401W ramp, literally goes under the 400. i took that at about 90-100km/h. my car was squealing, leaned to one side(left) completely, and it started smelling like burned rubber, at which point my car was getting closer to the concrete rails. My friend started freaking out on me aftr that! It was the sickest adrenalin rush ever... i had people(who were behind me) catch up to me on the 401 and swear at me, and give me the middle finger(why? i dont know)

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
'91 Alfa Romer 164S- Red/Black/ Recaro interior
bmwm5lover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 08:02 PM   #4
HARTGE_H50!!!
2nd Gear Member

mine was 160 in a closing left turn just a km away from my home. It was in my 316i compact that i wrecked that day. I was racing a Opel calibra that evening driving home from the pizza place. It was raining so the road was wet and i just would not let go the gas pedal. I still don't know what the f*** i was thinking that day. So my car spinned ( 2 times 360) ,across the other side of the road, hit the curb, right through a garden and BANG !!! crashed into a house where old ppl lived. I passed through the garage, INTO their kitchen and plus i hit a tank containing 300 liters of oil. So that was leaking too. My car was actually burried in the rocks and stuff. I could not open my door so i had to use the passenger door to get out. So i walked out of the car and everybody was like "where's the driver??? is he dead ? yeah ... he probably IS dead" And i was standing right next to those people with not even a scratch !!! It was a miracle (believe it or not, i think it WAS) All i had was some headache and my knee that hurted. I wasn't even wearing my seatbelt. I was in all the newspapers the next day.
Since then i definately learned a GOOD lesson and since then i will never ever drive that fast in turns anymore, i promised myself that. Still now when i think about that evening and how stupid i was, i have water in my eyes...
That BMW saved my life!
Old 07-28-2003, 09:04 PM   #5
app
5th Gear Member

The exit from 401E to 400N is a pretty amazingly tight turn. I usually use that as my measuring device when I do suspension upgrades. Or the turns down the mountain in hamilton on the 403.
Old 07-28-2003, 09:09 PM   #6
MiniMan7
2nd Gear Member

Thats awesome guys! Well, except for you Hartge_H50, sorry to hear that, glad you were ok.

I think this thread was alittle mis-interpreted. I didn't really mean on-ramps and stuff as much as I mean actual right hand turns and left hand turns, well at least thats what I was talking about.

But hell, keep the stories coming, this is cool!

-Adam
MiniMan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 01:29 AM   #7
app
5th Gear Member

60 clicks, the back end unhooks so you fish tail it around the turn.
Old 07-29-2003, 01:36 AM   #8
johnoz
/OO=[][]=OO\

After Castle Frank subway station when danforth bridge starts. Usually like to pass this turn at around 80-100km/h without touching the brakes. It amazes most of the ricers or posers how it can be done with an old car like an e30
johnoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 02:05 AM   #9
Quack
Wheelman

Send a message via MSN to Quack
407 East getting onto the 427 South, the left turn is a caution 70km/h, I was in my old 92 Lexus LS400 with my 17inch O.Z. on SO2 rubber going 160km/h in the rain, kinda stupid but the tires stick like glue.

Maxbimmer Drama, You Gotta Love It
Quack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 03:59 AM   #10
crusher
OMGHI2U2

Send a message via Skype™ to crusher
Re: What's the fastest turn you've ever taken and learned to talk about?

Quote:
Originally posted by MiniMan7
Last night, while coming home from the beach, I took a turn doing around 65km/h. At first I could feel the back tires start to swerve out, but then the DSC (Dynamic Stability Control) kicked in and I hugged the turn nicely and was even able to stay on my side of the road. It was crazy.

-Adam
going from 80 downshifted to probably 30 or 40 in third gear markham&finch without ASC hehe all I can hear is the wheel squeking and then power through third and fourth on the uphill.
crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 11:17 AM   #11
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
Quote:
Originally posted by MiniMan7
Thats awesome guys! Well, except for you Hartge_H50, sorry to hear that, glad you were ok.

I think this thread was alittle mis-interpreted. I didn't really mean on-ramps and stuff as much as I mean actual right hand turns and left hand turns, well at least thats what I was talking about.

But hell, keep the stories coming, this is cool!

-Adam
Oh ok, well I did a U-turn while going 80km/h without braking, on friday.
I fishtailed the whole back end around the turn, and everyone at the gas station across the street was staring in disbelief lol!

(I missed the street I was supposed to turn on to, and the opposite lanes were clear so..... )

Mods
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-Remus full catback
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

Old 07-29-2003, 02:33 PM   #12
GR8 Ride
5th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to GR8 Ride
I suppose it never occured to you clowns to take it to the track sometime, and actually LEARN how to take a corner???

Especially since it's a much safer venue, and you're not risking the life (or lives) of fellow citizens walking down the sidewalks around you, or driving on the roads with you...

Not only that, but on the track, you're guaranteed not to get any tickets!

Take it to the track like real men guys, and leave the ass-clown antics on the street to the idiots who don't know any better!

Pat
GR8 Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 02:39 PM   #13
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Ooooh I'm so hurt

I agree completely with what you're saying. This is why I'm enrolling in the BMW driving school for september. I'm hoping it will change my attitude towards driving as much as my skills, but I still like to have some small fun sometimes (and that probably won't ever grow out of me )

Mods
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-Remus full catback
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

Old 07-29-2003, 03:23 PM   #14
skillton
3rd Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to skillton
I took a turn that said 40km/h at about 120... on winter tires... it was all good till someone cut me off... i pressed the brakes a bit and spun twice and bent my rear axle, dented and scratched my car... oh well... you learn from stupid mistakes
Old 07-29-2003, 10:12 PM   #15
85eta
5th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to 85eta
I was on the track, it is a 180 degree turn, that I was taking comfortably at around 80km/h all day, after many times taking the turn, it gets to feel pretty normal, so I figure....I think I can go a little faster....except the truth is..I couldn't!
Anyway, I guess it was the way the turn is banked or something, but my car starts to oversteer....I am now completely sideways at around 90km/h, and i keep my foot in it, even though my 325e doesnt have a lot of power, both tires are spinning ( I have an LSD ) there is a lot of smoke, and somehow, I power out of the turn so smoothly. It was the best corner ever.....God I wish I had a video of that one!
Afterwards, the instructor, who happened to see the whole incident from the infield, said to me after I came in from that session..."You tried to go just a LITTLE faster didnt you!" haha, it was funny.
85eta is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: