Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-01-2003, 04:25 PM   #1
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Send a message via MSN to Autotechnica
My new favorite car

I just drove the previous model Impreza RS. I know it's not a WRX. It had modified suspension and that's about it. Anyways, I took it for a test drive because my friend was feeling generous today.

After that I fell in love with this car. The car had a crazy amount of grip. At first I turned into the corner at little too early because I thought it would understeer or go wide. But nope, I amost hit the curb on the hwy 7 and bayview mini ramp. It just turned so fast because of the grip, the tires didn't even squeel. It's such an easy car to drive, you just turn and the friggin car turns! Even when you do break the traction in the rear you just do a really quick countersteer and instantly grip is retained. I love this car to death!

I urge anyone to test drive a Subaru Impreza, it's really quite an experience. I guess great rally cars make great road cars. If I ever buy a second car, it's going to be an Impreza. I know a lot of Subaru owners will be happy to read this because I know there are a few Subaru guys on here.

Has anyone test drove both an Impreza and Audi A4? Which one has better traction?

Bry
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Last edited by Autotechnica; 08-01-2003 at 04:28 PM.
Autotechnica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 04:31 PM   #2
Soldo
6th Gear Member

WOW, i simply LOVE the old 2.5 RS, i think they're the NICEST lookin impreza's outta all of them!
And i'm gonna have to say that AUDI has better traction, don't know for a fact, i would THINK they're both fairly similar however seeing how audi has a lot more race/track experience and most of they're S cars spend a LOT of time being bred on the track that they MIGHT know a BIT more about a damn good AWD system!
Old 08-01-2003, 04:38 PM   #3
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Send a message via MSN to Autotechnica
I definitely agree with you about the looks. The older Impreza's were beautiful. The new ones are a little too much for me, but still great cars nonetheless. They seem to last quite long too for a Japanese car.

Bry
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Autotechnica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 06:33 PM   #4
TiemenT
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to TiemenT
my dad had an Audi A4, but not an quatro, and my neighbor has an blue Impreza RS, and I think the Impreza drives better, cause my dad's ride whas just a smood, easy one... the Impreza is a more sportscar.. but on the handling the Impreza defenitily wins !!

Don't steel Pasta's SIG!

------------------------------------------------
- Range Rover Hamann 5.0 Vogue V8 Sold for M5
- BMW ///M3 CSL
- E60 M5 on April 12th !
TiemenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2003, 12:02 AM   #5
330DTM
Cinematographer

Send a message via ICQ to 330DTM Send a message via MSN to 330DTM
IF any of you out there have seem a video produced by 5th Gear about AWD systems then you will know that the Quattro's are pretty much the pioneers of AWD.

Plus by comparing an A4 to the Scobby, the Scobby should have the weight advantage so less mass to haul around the corners and on the straight.

No thank you, but I'll stick with the B5 S4 Quattro, you get Luxury and the Power. I love the exhaust note especially when you shift and you hear the back fire coming from the exhaust.
Old 08-02-2003, 04:33 AM   #6
Soldo
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 328DTM
IF any of you out there have seem a video produced by 5th Gear about AWD systems then you will know that the Quattro's are pretty much the pioneers of AWD.

Plus by comparing an A4 to the Scobby, the Scobby should have the weight advantage so less mass to haul around the corners and on the straight.

No thank you, but I'll stick with the B5 S4 Quattro, you get Luxury and the Power. I love the exhaust note especially when you shift and you hear the back fire coming from the exhaust.
AGREEEEED!
Soldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2003, 01:59 PM   #7
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Originally posted by 328DTM

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
'91 Alfa Romer 164S- Red/Black/ Recaro interior
bmwm5lover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 07:07 AM   #8
Hardcore328is
2nd Gear Member

WOW... The Subru Impreza is a very good car. The handling of the car is unreal, it feels like it is on rails. THe new ST-i's are just beautiful. Also the AWD just makes it alot better.
Hardcore328is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 10:04 AM   #9
TiemenT
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to TiemenT
the cars are great, but I prefer the Evo7

Don't steel Pasta's SIG!

------------------------------------------------
- Range Rover Hamann 5.0 Vogue V8 Sold for M5
- BMW ///M3 CSL
- E60 M5 on April 12th !
TiemenT is offline   Reply With Quote