Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > Other BMW Parts
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-31-2003, 03:30 PM   #1
MIKES
2nd Gear Member

20 x 24 Posters of your car

I am a scanner operator by trade. I work on a Fuji Celsis 6250 Scanner that is the lastest in design for high end scans. I do work for Wendy's, Upper Canada Mall, Harveys, Toronto Raptors etc. The very best quality guarranteed. The scanner alone costs $500,000 U.S so you know the quality is going to be awesome. I can scan transperancies, or orginal reflective copy (like shots from Blacks or where ever) It will be printed off our new image setter to those specs. Either matt finsih or high gloss, the choice is yours. Price is $100 for matt finish and 120 for glossy. This is a very timeconsuming thing when ever you blow up a image over 400%. Pixels swapping and retouching are already added in the price. The printed paper alone costs $50 a sheet. High quality work for a fraction of the cost. Don't compare other service bureaus to my work because they can not compete. Kinkos is cheap low quality. This is all done inhouse in a 20year old graphics firm. Email me at mricketts@iplatforminc.com
Old 07-31-2003, 04:03 PM   #2
Soldo
6th Gear Member

hey man i actually might be interested, i should have my car complete in few weeks and onces shes all finished, i would LOVE to get a poster of my baby, but whats the mat finish look like, is that when its on the thick wood poster style!?
Old 07-31-2003, 04:40 PM   #3
crusher
OMGHI2U2

Send a message via Skype™ to crusher
I'm interested once my coworker gets back and develop the night film!! we will see how it looks

Sold/Traded-in
2006 M5
2003 M3
2003 Civic Si
2000 M Coupe
1999 M3
1999 323i
crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 05:05 PM   #4
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
I'm very interested, but for later on down the road. Do you plan on working there long?

Also, if you can print on vinyl, I have a job for you right now.

'94 Supercharged E36 325is (150,000 original km's)
Mods
-Vortech V9 G-Trim @ ~10psi w/ BOV
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-TEIN SS Coilovers w/ Pillowball mounts
-Keskin KT1 17x8.5 & 17x10
-Remus full catback
-Authentic Rieger Infinity I body kit
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 05:22 PM   #5
MIKES
2nd Gear Member

Its a family business so I am going nowhere anytime soon. Matt finish is basically a colour shot without the high gloss laminate. My garage is full of pics of my cars. Very sharp, very clean, and above all else very professional. Hit me up guys, you will not be dissappointed. I can also give you a tour of the facilities and show you the different samples you can choose from.
Old 07-31-2003, 05:42 PM   #6
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
Mikes: my father wants a decal made up that he can stick to the side of his hummer; possibly one with a magnetic backing. Do you make anything like that?

'94 Supercharged E36 325is (150,000 original km's)
Mods
-Vortech V9 G-Trim @ ~10psi w/ BOV
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-TEIN SS Coilovers w/ Pillowball mounts
-Keskin KT1 17x8.5 & 17x10
-Remus full catback
-Authentic Rieger Infinity I body kit
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 05:54 PM   #7
MIKES
2nd Gear Member

We are actually a prepress film house. We can supply film to get it done. But it would be much cheaper if you actually went to someone that specailizes in that.
Old 07-31-2003, 08:51 PM   #8
M50E30
www.bmwclub.ca

If I wanted this done I would need to supply a digital picture for you?
Old 07-31-2003, 10:00 PM   #9
MIKES
2nd Gear Member

You have to supply me with a picture or transperancy that I can mount on the scanner and res up for the best picture quality. Scans are over 300 megs. If you supply a Cd I can also burn you a copy of that image for your own use. Everything I do is backed up on dat tapes, so if you want to reproduce this pic years down the road you can. I don't work with digital files from digital cameras. I am selling scans that are being blown up to poster size. Blacks or any other service bureau can do that for you. There quality isn't that great, but as the saying goes you get what you pay for.
Old 07-31-2003, 10:08 PM   #10
M50E30
www.bmwclub.ca

Quote:
Originally posted by MIKES
You have to supply me with a picture or transperancy that I can mount on the scanner and res up for the best picture quality. Scans are over 300 megs. If you supply a Cd I can also burn you a copy of that image for your own use. Everything I do is backed up on dat tapes, so if you want to reproduce this pic years down the road you can. I don't work with digital files from digital cameras. I am selling scans that are being blown up to poster size. Blacks or any other service bureau can do that for you. There quality isn't that great, but as the saying goes you get what you pay for.
So if I get a digital picture of my car developed into a 5X7 or 8X11 picture than you can do the poster?

Old 08-01-2003, 11:44 AM   #11
MIKES
2nd Gear Member

M50E30
- Yes sir that is correct. I do this because I Res the shots up for maximum detail and colour enhancement. Not too mention my scanner can blow up images better and keep way more detail once its blown up 400-500% then any digital camera on the market today. I aim for the best quality, and I know my equipment can do it.
Old 08-01-2003, 01:44 PM   #12
M50E30
www.bmwclub.ca

Quote:
Originally posted by MIKES
M50E30
- Yes sir that is correct. I do this because I Res the shots up for maximum detail and colour enhancement. Not too mention my scanner can blow up images better and keep way more detail once its blown up 400-500% then any digital camera on the market today. I aim for the best quality, and I know my equipment can do it.
Could you PM me your contact information? When I get my car back from the body shop I want to get some pics taken.

Dave

BTW - What about a panoramic pic? Like below....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg panoramicsml2.jpg (82.6 KB, 129 views)
Old 08-01-2003, 02:10 PM   #13
MIKES
2nd Gear Member

YGM. If you get me a panaramic shot I can blow it up for you the same way. That is not a problem.
Old 08-01-2003, 02:11 PM   #14
qimis
Mr. Euro E30

can i see some sample posters ? like the one from your garage ?
Old 08-01-2003, 03:16 PM   #15
MIKES
2nd Gear Member

Thats no problem, I live in Markham. pm me your contact number and I can set up a time this weekend if you wish to check them out. The pics in my garage are also in smaller size on my website www.qsquared.com/carsite If you don't like Mustangs, GN'S and other muscle cars then you probably don't want to click on the link. There you will see my White GN my brothers Mustang and tons of cars we are selling for people with complete write ups. But that would not give you a fair indication because of its size.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: