Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-26-2002, 05:04 PM   #16
SickFinga

Damn that's so damn fast.
I live in richmond hill, nver seen any fast looking tegras.

Bryan, trust me there are tonns of cars that can take e36 m3.
SickFinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 05:18 PM   #17
Rolled_Out
Just chillin...

Blah on that GSR, put it against THIS , u know whose civic this is!!!
the little blue fart machine that rips around woodbridge 24/7!
laaaaaatttter even thought i hate civics, this is incredible, no rollcage, no nothing,.. maybe he should put a parachute!

st thomas dragway
http://homepage.mac.com/sumo_3002/.M...crazycivic.mov
Old 03-26-2002, 05:21 PM   #18
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Send a message via MSN to Autotechnica
How does a fast GS-R look? Any smart racer thats got a heavily tuned engine won't show it off with crazy looking body kits and whatever else. It looks stock..

Bryan
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Autotechnica is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 05:27 PM   #19
SickFinga

that's fast
Old 03-26-2002, 05:28 PM   #20
Rolled_Out
Just chillin...

Quote:
Originally posted by SickFingas
that's fast
i heard he ran 10.2 later that day also
Old 03-26-2002, 06:37 PM   #21
M3ntal Kev
3rd Gear Member

Quote:

race with type r was a passangers idea, and it was on the highway, personally I hate drag racing, but that time I agreed just beacuse I wanted to try the car
Trust me, you're not making yourself look any better with that comment.

/// M3NTAL Kev

M3ntal Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 06:47 PM   #22
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Well you can make a turbo'd car run very impressive times. But try to make a 4 banger run 12 seconds all motor, thats a challenge.

Bryan
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Old 03-26-2002, 06:58 PM   #23
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally posted by M3ntal Kev

Trust me, you're not making yourself look any better with that comment.
trust me I don't care what you think. and talking here how responsible you are and how cool you are racing just on track doesnt make you look better either
Old 03-26-2002, 07:35 PM   #24
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

You have to understand something. Most Honda's, eg. Type-R's are all high end track cars, not street cars. They are amazing on the track in long straightaways but M3's can kill them entering and exiting corners reguardless of the theory that front wheel drive cars can exit corners faster, the Type-R doesn't have the torque to pull itself out of the corner quick enough. On the highway if you attempt to race a Type-R while at around 100 I believe that the Type-R might be faster, depends on what gear your on, etc. But from standstill race the M3 should win (more torque) in the low end. Drag racing is best kept on the tracks, I would agree with that.

Bryan

Old 03-26-2002, 08:09 PM   #25
SickFinga

m3 has to win against stock type r on highway, track, drag strip etc.

m3 got more hp and torque to pull away from type r on the high speeds.
when I was racing irresponsibly with type r I felt a big pull from type r when I shifter to 5th
Old 03-26-2002, 08:20 PM   #26
SickFinga

I don't think there is something wrong with speedo, wheels are spinning so it shows at what speed wheels are spinning.
I guess you never looked at your speedo while you do burnouts.
Old 03-26-2002, 08:20 PM   #27
M3ntal Kev
3rd Gear Member

Quote:

trust me I don't care what you think. and talking here how responsible you are and how cool you are racing just on track doesnt make you look better either
I know you don't care. That's why I don't post here often. I was one of the first posters to this board, but it seems that the board is overrun by 16-24 year olds that think the Fast and the Furious is the benchmark for all motorsport.

I'm not braggin about anything, nor am I trying to make myself look better. I never said I was absolutlely responsible. I never said I was cool. Ask Randy or Rob, they'll tell you I'm not cool.

Fact remains that you raced another car on public roads with passengers in your car. Justifying it by saying it was your passenger's idea does not make it any less irresponsible.

Have you ever raced at a track, drag or otherwise?

/// M3NTAL Kev

Old 03-26-2002, 08:42 PM   #28
SickFinga

M3ntal Kev, oh c'mon don't tell me you never raced in your life on public roads. So why are u trying to tell me how irresponsible I am, when you are saying that you are irresponsible either? Also what are you trying to say that everybody from 16-24 has leave this board so old responsible members could post here?

No I've never been on the track.
Old 03-26-2002, 09:21 PM   #29
Rolled_Out
Just chillin...

hey rob, theres nothing wrong w/ that speedo...he dropped the clutch @ 5 grand and the torque jsut pulled him to 40km/h in a split second, thats all...
Old 03-26-2002, 10:30 PM   #30
M3ntal Kev
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
M3ntal Kev, oh c'mon don't tell me you never raced in your life on public roads. So why are u trying to tell me how irresponsible I am, when you are saying that you are irresponsible either? Also what are you trying to say that everybody from 16-24 has leave this board so old responsible members could post here?

No I've never been on the track.
Actually I have street raced and having done it in the past I realize how dangerous and risky it really is. I don't street race anymore. My license and my life (as well as lives of others) are way to valuable too risk on a quick thrill.

I'm also not saying that 16-24 year-olds should leave this board. Why should they, they're entitled to their opinions as I am. If I have issues with the board, I don't read or post; simple as that.

You are still young. You are fortunate to be driving as awesome a machine as an M3/4. Hopefully, you'll come out to a track event to realize the M3's and your own full potential. Just be safe on the street.

/// M3NTAL Kev

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: