Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-20-2003, 08:16 PM   #16
e46it
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim .E.
plz tell me your joking!
of course....

2004 BMW 325i Touring SGM
2005 Suzuki GSXR 1000|1992 JDM Civic SiR RHD Black
2000 BMW M5 Avus Blue (GONE)
2002 BMW 325i Touring TVM (GONE)
1994 BMW 325i Saloon Black (GONE)
e46it is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 08:39 PM   #17
app
5th Gear Member

Working 45 hrs/week in the summer, borrowing some cash from the parents, and falling into a deal at the right place at the right time.
Old 07-20-2003, 08:46 PM   #18
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.

Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer
Im not gonna front. My uncle gave me my car.

Things you should take note:
He lives in Atlanta I had to get it here
It was not in running condition
My mom constantly told me not to get it
It looked like this

As everyone else said work. I worked and saved. Dishwashing paid for most of my mods thus far. Thats straight BITCH work. But if your willing to do it good things happen.

Stanceiseverything.com
BMW BMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 09:43 PM   #19
sonic07
6th Gear Member

yup ... worked and saved up for two weeks ... darn is not working out call the bank .... instant bimmer .....lol ....
like i was telling MPRESION this thing is my new money pit and is quite bottomless just like my old harley davidsons .... just keep putting money into it .... just in 2 weeks so far ... new tires $650 (must for safety ride), pedals $230 (must to look half decent), dinan chip $180 (good deal - must .. don't want no limit), next week new momo shifter is order, after market cup holder is on order .... hopefully clear corner package from bmw, spoiler from soldomatic perhaps, then new paint for sexy body, then safe it for next year new set of wheels and tires. the list goes on and on ...... like i said money pit ... take it one piece at the time ....

Pedal To The Metal
sonic07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 10:05 PM   #20
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via MSN to thinair
Well, I'm 23 I've been working since I was 13 delivering papers, and some other odd jobs. My first real job was when I was 16 at a Shell gas station, pretty much all the money I made at the went toward college and a few pretty expensive bicycles. I then got sponsored and started getting paid to do shows and such, which had me saving up for a car. I'm not going to lie though, my parents did front me a bunch for my car, mostly because I got a deal that I couldn't pass up and at the time I didn't have all the cash for it. Basically now I work construction (not for long though), which pays for my car debt to my parents, and the bike shows take car of my modding bug for my car, and my bikes.

As far as insurance I pay a hair under $5000 a year for a 97 328is, a 92 525i, and a 90 Isuzu Pickiup. Yes, I pay my parents insurance, the money just gets taken off what I owe them.

It doesn't seem like I but i've had my car for only 10.5 months and I've already blown a few grand on it in just mods/maintenence. Ah well, it's beyond worth it.

Basically I'm at the point now where I gotta start saving up for a house though, and no, my car nor my bikes will be sold/parted out to afford the downpayment.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 10:20 PM   #21
Polish
6th Gear Member

damn, i guess i should start saving up.

lol, no point waiting to win the lotto

personally i dont think its worth it for me, im making not alot of money, i have 4101.28 made from working since the new year..now i gave around 1000 to my rents for new tyres and suspension which they will pay back in a year they said..so whatever, i have like 560 in the bank right now, there is no way i can afford a E36 even in a year or somerthing at Wal*MArt..i started working like almost a year ago, and i think i made 3000 from sept to new year..so i guess i aint having my real own bimmer (not rents ) until im finishing college or something..i have no idea where the **** this 7000 dollars went too, i did a few jobs, deck/tyres/suspension...but i doubt that gets rid of all 7000 magically disappearing, lol..guess i should stop drinking..ah well, shit happens, wasnt born a millionaire, gotta do it the hard way

Last edited by Polish; 07-20-2003 at 10:22 PM.
Polish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 10:24 PM   #22
TiemenT
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to TiemenT
Quote:
Originally posted by Sith
damn, i guess i should start saving up.

lol, no point waiting to win the lotto

personally i dont think its worth it for me, im making not alot of money, i have 4101.28 made from working since the new year..now i gave around 1000 to my rents for new tyres and suspension which they will pay back in a year they said..so whatever, i have like 560 in the bank right now, there is no way i can afford a E36 even in a year or somerthing at Wal*MArt..i started working like almost a year ago, and i think i made 3000 from sept to new year..so i guess i aint having my real own bimmer (not rents ) until im finishing college or something..i have no idea where the **** this 7000 dollars went too, i did a few jobs, deck/tyres/suspension...but i doubt that gets rid of all 7000 magically disappearing, lol..guess i should stop drinking..ah well, shit happens, wasnt born a millionaire, gotta do it the hard way
sell ya 1993 325i, so you can chose a nice car ...

Don't steel Pasta's SIG!

------------------------------------------------
- Range Rover Hamann 5.0 Vogue V8 Sold for M5
- BMW ///M3 CSL
- E60 M5 on April 12th !
TiemenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 11:05 PM   #23
e46it
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Sith
..ah well, shit happens, wasnt born a millionaire, gotta do it the hard way [/b]
when yo earn something the hard way you appriciate it more....

2004 BMW 325i Touring SGM
2005 Suzuki GSXR 1000|1992 JDM Civic SiR RHD Black
2000 BMW M5 Avus Blue (GONE)
2002 BMW 325i Touring TVM (GONE)
1994 BMW 325i Saloon Black (GONE)
e46it is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 11:15 PM   #24
Albertae30
3rd Gear Member

i am 19 and i started out with a 1980 244 volvo that was a year ago then i started saving i then bought my 1984 318i for 2800 and it was good for a couple months i then replaced water pump, alternator, fuel pump, radiator, rad hoses, i just rebuilt my engine that was 3,000 also i just replaced my full exhaust with after market muffler and now i am saving for my amp to do my back seat to sub conversion, my new seats in which i am hoping will look pretty sweet, new carpeting, new dash due to mine is cracked, and my body kit from fil and a new paint job which is going to cost me 2500. you know how i am going to pay for this by working my ass off at a call center. All my money goes into my car.
Albertae30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 11:59 PM   #25
///deni-boy///
4th Gear Member

i work, but only work on weekends, i could have made a lot more money by getting a different job but i only started working last year and i was too serious with soccer, it took up at least 3 days of the week, plus school and the 2 days i worked, so i couldnt save much up, now that i dont play soccer anymore i can work and save up, but my parents wont let me, they insist i go to europe for a month. So all these stupid factors stop me from making money, also having a life, i spend too much money just on "living" clubs arent cheap, gas for when i drive, my cell phone, etc, things add up. I can sacrifice things so i can save up and buy a car i want but i dont need those kind of expenses at my age (18).
Old 07-20-2003, 11:59 PM   #26
crusher
OMGHI2U2

Send a message via Skype™ to crusher
I work 7 days a week hehe

Sold/Traded-in
2006 M5
2003 M3
2003 Civic Si
2000 M Coupe
1999 M3
1999 323i
crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 12:01 AM   #27
Polish
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by TiemenT
sell ya 1993 325i, so you can chose a nice car ...

wish it was that easy, but like most people on this board my age(not all, i know some bought it and pay for everything, but some totally didnt) the car isnt mine, its my parents..so i dont really have a say on what goes and what doesnt, and lately my mom kills it to oakville everyday, the door panel is falling off from the inside, but i dont care anymore, she drives it, im not adding no$ to it..i want to save up for a nice jap car and just make it mine, treat her well.
Old 07-21-2003, 12:08 AM   #28
low_bmw
6th Gear Member

Location: "ANYWHERE WHERE THE PAVEMENT IS SMOOTH AND THERE IS NO SPEEDBUMPS" Toronto (Etobicoke)
on my profile read my part time job and one other thing did you watch the movie "catch me if you can" hint,hint.
1991 CIVIC ZC (SOLD)
1999 CIVIC LX (SOLD)
1999 E36 M3 CABRIO (SOLD)
1998 INTEGRA GS (STOLEN IN 4 DAYS)
1999 ACURA EL PREMIUM (SOLD)
2002 330CI M PACKAGE (SOLD)
2005 ACURA EL (daily driver)
1990 FORD MUSTANG LX (garage queen)
low_bmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 12:14 AM   #29
///deni-boy///
4th Gear Member

Oh BTW, E46iT, is that your car in your sig?
Old 07-21-2003, 12:24 AM   #30
Polish
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by low_bmw
on my profile read my part time job and one other thing did you watch the movie "catch me if you can" hint,hint.
i dont get it
yeah but i doubt the rents would like people coming to my house, or me leaving at 4am to "trade cd's" with a friend

haha, but we all gotta survive eh
Attached Images
File Type: jpg w1.jpg (58.0 KB, 285 views)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: