Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: How often do you exceed 200km/h
Every time I drive highway, I try 30 13.70%
Occasionally 103 47.03%
Once or twice but never again 53 24.20%
Never/Can't- speed limiter or lack of power 33 15.07%
Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-18-2003, 06:16 PM   #46
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally posted by KIRASIR
Where is the BS flag when you need it.

SL
no offense..but it did feel like had more..like "go"

bryans car felt liek bogged down...

brian..redlining at neutral? maybe for like the first 10min, cuz i was getting used to your clutch which i wasnt used to..since it takes like 5min to come back up!

ask randy, he has been with me in his egg, and my bros car..and its only YOUR car which i cant drive because..its ****ED UP...

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 06:33 PM   #47
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Send a message via MSN to Autotechnica
Quote:
Originally posted by E46_lover
no offense..but it did feel like had more..like "go"

bryans car felt liek bogged down...

brian..redlining at neutral? maybe for like the first 10min, cuz i was getting used to your clutch which i wasnt used to..since it takes like 5min to come back up!

ask randy, he has been with me in his egg, and my bros car..and its only YOUR car which i cant drive because..its ****ED UP...
I think it's more like the "driver" is ****ed up. I wonder why I can make it smooth and when you shift it bogs, it must be the car.. well whatever makes you feel better. How the heck is it that the clutch takes 5 min to come back up. It's extremely quick, maybe you still had part of your foot on it? I'm serious, if your willing, I don't mind taking you for a spin sometime and showing you how your suppose to drive a car. If it felt slower than a civic w/ a lawnmower engine then it must be the driver, not the car.

Ask anyone who has sat in my car. It never bogs unless you shift too soon or you have bad clutching skills. And the car doesn't lag when your revs are up there, so you must have let the revs drop too much when you shifted. Keed in mind 318's have 22lbs flywheels. I think you driving an M3 there is less chance of making it bog, since the power compensates for your lack of driving skill.

Bry
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Last edited by Autotechnica; 07-18-2003 at 06:38 PM.
Autotechnica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 06:43 PM   #48
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

ummm anyways, now back on topic
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Old 07-18-2003, 06:49 PM   #49
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
Hahahaha... lol it's too funny! Jon you can't shift man!

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 07:31 PM   #50
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

bryan...ill take U for a ride in my bro's...and ill show u how different it is..for some reason ur clutch pedal WAS stiff on its way up, but on its way down it was light as a feather. i drove jattdee328's car as well and u supposedly had the stock clutch from what u told me, and i think jattdee328 did as well and it felt so different.

as much of a bimmer a 318 is..i dont like them for their power, slowered318's car has a complete rebuild with an all motor set up, and he showed me 318 power and i still prefer my bro's car over his, for speed only lol...

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Old 07-18-2003, 07:33 PM   #51
Soldo
6th Gear Member

Cars only bogg due to driver error!
Old 07-18-2003, 07:36 PM   #52
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

it didnt like bog...it was accelerating smoothly as i could see from the speedo..but there was no like, torque feeling!

why would i bog bryans car and not my bros, randys egg, or jattdee328's car at all? that doesnt make sense

Last edited by Jon@Bimmersport; 07-18-2003 at 07:44 PM.
Old 07-18-2003, 07:38 PM   #53
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
Quote:
it did like bog...it was accelerating smoothly as i could see from the speedo..but there was no like, torque feeling!

why would i bog bryans car and not my bros, randys egg, or jattdee328's car at all? that doesnt make sense
because you misshifted....just accept that...you did...we all know it

'94 Supercharged E36 325is (150,000 original km's)
Mods
-Vortech V9 G-Trim @ ~10psi w/ BOV
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-TEIN SS Coilovers w/ Pillowball mounts
-Keskin KT1 17x8.5 & 17x10
-Remus full catback
-Authentic Rieger Infinity I body kit
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 07:40 PM   #54
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally posted by djcontra
because you misshifted....just accept that...you did...we all know it
ok, going into 2nd is STRAIGHT down...how could ANYONE misshift? whenever i shift i dont slam it unless when i raced euro e30..otherwise it went STRAIGHT IN cuz i went to 3rd and 4th, and of course i didnt rev match so it didnt jerk.

bmwm5lover has been in my bros car with me..and i didnt bog it...it was brians clutch i was not used to at first, but after how can i bog it in first too?

maybe i used bog wrong..since i dont even know wat u guys mean by bog..the revs were climbing steadly, so was speed..but it felt as if i was gliding, theres NO TORQUE OR POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Last edited by Jon@Bimmersport; 07-18-2003 at 07:43 PM.
Old 07-18-2003, 07:43 PM   #55
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
Quote:
ok, going into 2nd is STRAIGHT down...how could ANYONE misshift? whenever i shift i dont slam it unless when i raced euro e30..otherwise it went STRAIGHT IN cuz i went to 3rd and 4th, and of course i didnt rev match so it didnt jerk.

bmwm5lover has been in my bros car with me..and i didnt bog it...it was brians clutch i was not used to at first, but after how can i bog it in first too?
Oh ok, I see now.
Starting in 3rd and then dropping to 4th will do that. Remember you have to somewhat force it over to the left for 1st and 2nd

(dude, I'm just pushing your buttons, I'm only kidding around )

'94 Supercharged E36 325is (150,000 original km's)
Mods
-Vortech V9 G-Trim @ ~10psi w/ BOV
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-TEIN SS Coilovers w/ Pillowball mounts
-Keskin KT1 17x8.5 & 17x10
-Remus full catback
-Authentic Rieger Infinity I body kit
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 07:50 PM   #56
328power
GAS GUZZLER !!

When i had my Grandprix GTP i did it a couple times past 200km but dont know exactly since the HUD would just flash 200 km but you would still be going faster.

With my bimmer only twice .. Once comin home from up north and limited my car at 220 something km.

Then one time i was just being an idiot trying to keep up with a Z06 ....
Old 07-18-2003, 07:52 PM   #57
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Quote:
bryan...ill take U for a ride in my bro's...and ill show u how different it is..for some reason ur clutch pedal WAS stiff on its way up, but on its way down it was light as a feather. i drove jattdee328's car as well and u supposedly had the stock clutch from what u told me, and i think jattdee328 did as well and it felt so different.

as much of a bimmer a 318 is..i dont like them for their power, slowered318's car has a complete rebuild with an all motor set up, and he showed me 318 power and i still prefer my bro's car over his, for speed only lol...
Jon, I know 318 isn't the quickest. But I'm happy with it. However, I still think you weren't driving it correctly. I mean, there's no shame in saying your not fully experienced. Even when I was 17 it took me a while to drive a manual good. My 1/4 mile times sucked ass until I learned to shift properly and more quickly.

And yes, if you don't clutch in and out properly and synconize you can even bog 1st gear. It was also hot as hell that day so I know what you mean when it lagged. Ask Ryan, he also said on that day his car felt like ass, on a cooler day the car has way more torque.

Bry

Old 07-18-2003, 07:56 PM   #58
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally posted by Autotechnica
Jon, I know 318 isn't the quickest. But I'm happy with it. However, I still think you weren't driving it correctly. I mean, there's no shame in saying your not fully experienced. Even when I was 17 it took me a while to drive a manual good. My 1/4 mile times sucked ass until I learned to shift properly and more quickly.

And yes, if you don't clutch in and out properly and synconize you can even bog 1st gear. It was also hot as hell that day so I know what you mean when it lagged. Ask Ryan, he also said on that day his car felt like ass, on a cooler day the car has way more torque.

Bry
maybe..and i know i suck...i never said i am mario andretti here..

1st gear was OK..it was 2nd, and the rest of the gears that sucks...give me another try at night or something when its cooler

Old 07-18-2003, 07:59 PM   #59
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Quote:
maybe..and i know i suck...i never said i am mario andretti here..

1st gear was OK..it was 2nd, and the rest of the gears that sucks...give me another try at night or something when its cooler
Maybe, but next time I'll make sure I'm in the car

Old 07-18-2003, 08:01 PM   #60
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally posted by Autotechnica
Maybe, but next time I'll make sure I'm in the car
good...kenny kept begging me to let him try it...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: