Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: How often do you exceed 200km/h
Every time I drive highway, I try 30 13.70%
Occasionally 103 47.03%
Once or twice but never again 53 24.20%
Never/Can't- speed limiter or lack of power 33 15.07%
Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-18-2003, 04:52 PM   #31
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally posted by SeRb
the guy in "Getaway in Stockholm 2" maxes his car to like 320. . .

why dont u idiots try that
the only idiot here is you if you believe that
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 04:53 PM   #32
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Send a message via MSN to Autotechnica
Quote:
Originally posted by SickFinga
I think he was just making a point, that speeding that fast on a public road with other car's and pedestrians is stupid, which I agree with completely.

First ticket I got in 3 years and it was for going 15 over on hwy 7. 85km/h on a 70 zone.

Bryan
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Last edited by Autotechnica; 07-18-2003 at 04:58 PM.
Autotechnica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 04:55 PM   #33
Bavaria
Southern Beirut

Send a message via MSN to Bavaria Send a message via Yahoo to Bavaria
Went 230 in my 735iL and who ever call me on Bull shit can lick my balls, if i had more distance i would have done more, and with the guys with me so yea, more weight, im not crazy, i just get bored a lot!
Bavaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 05:09 PM   #34
sonic07
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ACS3
i tried going 210km where the electronic speed limiter kicked in couple of times on 407 before but scared to do it now after getting my first speeding ticket going 84 at a 50 zone ... it actually doesn't feel that fast in a bimmer ... it still feel very stable and secure
yes that's the beuty of the high performance car i had the 97-328is at 215km and feels like at 110km/hr on north american car.

maxima at 200 feels like around 140

honda at 195 .... hold on the steering wheel very tight and don't even blink an eye ... you can feel the car is very light.

subaru outback sedan at 200 feels like 100 plenty of room to go and great traction to maneuver ( all wheel drive ) and stop in less than a dime ( dual pistons x-cross system )

now adays don't even think to do it. there are too many cars everywhere. the none experience driver endangering other people. without the right car .... endangering your self too...
insurance is too high, ppl hate speeder because speed limit here is only 100 on hi-way. unlike in germany autoban you better move your ass fast or get the hell out. i guess the best way to do it would be on the track. the occational 200 .... hmmm when the hi way really empty with the right car ..... hmmm give some more thoughts.

Pedal To The Metal
sonic07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 05:11 PM   #35
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally posted by Autotechnica
I think he was just making a point, that speeding that fast on a public road with other car's and pedestrians is stupid, which I agree with completely.

First ticket I got in 3 years and it was for going 15 over on hwy 7. 85km/h on a 70 zone.

Bryan

Bryan, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease
Do you remember WASAGA?

there is no pedestrians on the highways, if someone does 200 on public roads, he must be the biggest moron.
Old 07-18-2003, 05:18 PM   #36
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Quote:
Bryan, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease
Do you remember WASAGA?

there is no pedestrians on the highways, if someone does 200 on public roads, he must be the biggest moron.
What? During Wasaga cruise when you, me, Julian and Jeff were cruising home we were hardly even speeding, we were going like 10-20km over at the most. It was Nick who took off on us after he saw those bikes pop some wheelies

Anyways, during most Max highway cruises if I don't speed up I'll get lost and loose all of you, one of the reasons I'm scared of the Max highway cruises. It's more fun in small groups as you can keep the speed under control as well.

Bryan
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Old 07-18-2003, 05:22 PM   #37
SickFinga

Bryan, ok. We will ask Julain about that
Old 07-18-2003, 05:28 PM   #38
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Quote:
Bryan, ok. We will ask Julain about that
Haha, don't feel bad just because you got left behind

Bry

Old 07-18-2003, 05:37 PM   #39
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

bryan...after 180 a 318i is slow? after i hit 2nd gear in ur car my foot was hugging the floor and it was slower than a civic..STOCK! my cousins stock auto LX civic with 17s has more pickup than ur car man

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 05:43 PM   #40
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Quote:
Originally posted by E46_lover
bryan...after 180 a 318i is slow? after i hit 2nd gear in ur car my foot was hugging the floor and it was slower than a civic..STOCK! my cousins stock auto LX civic with 17s has more pickup than ur car man
No offense but you couldn't drive a 5 speed if your life depended on it.

Want to know why there is no power at 2nd gear? Maybe because when you shifted you kept the clutch depressed with your foot on the throttle for like 5 seconds before you shifted, I could hear you redlining it in neutral off gear when you were driving. When you depress the clutch, redlining it doesn't spin the flywheel, your actually slowing the flywheel down, thus when you shift, no power. Your just stalling the car. I didn't say anything because I didn't want to embarass you, but now that you bring it up, you can't drive man.

Bry

Last edited by Autotechnica; 07-18-2003 at 05:46 PM.
Old 07-18-2003, 05:54 PM   #41
SeRb
Don't shrink me Gypsy!

Quote:
well i saw the speedometer go over 300. . .
so i dunno maybe i was hallucinating. . .

did anyone hear about those guys that were going 140 on rathburn. . .

im just wondering,
you might want to think of that the next time u speed

getting launched through your windshield into a tree and dying in the hospital cant be that fun. . .

or colliding with other objects in ur car and being killed instantly cant be that fun either
SeRb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 05:56 PM   #42
KIRASIR
Your Nightmare

Where is the BS flag when you need it.

SL

Quote:
Originally posted by E46_lover
KIRASIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 06:01 PM   #43
SickFinga

Jon, i drove Kirasir;s car and I drove 2002 Civic SI, both 5 spd.
you can't even compare, civic is slow like shit and seats are the most uncomfortable ever.
Old 07-18-2003, 06:01 PM   #44
jeremy
6th Gear Member

i've taken it pass 200kmh a few times....but on lonely stretches of highway if possible.......i hate people racing through traffic !!! it's just to dangerous....anyways, the last time i got pulled over on the 401 just before kennedy doing over 200kmh (racing a civic,dumb i know)... luckily the cop was an awesome guy and i didnt bullshit him, so he dropped the ticket to 30 over ! since then i am alittle paro of the cops....
jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 06:13 PM   #45
TiemenT
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to TiemenT
Occasionally, but it depens how much traffic is ahead of me...

Don't steel Pasta's SIG!

------------------------------------------------
- Range Rover Hamann 5.0 Vogue V8 Sold for M5
- BMW ///M3 CSL
- E60 M5 on April 12th !
TiemenT is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: